Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lunatic

So I I've lost a significant amount of weight (60+ lbs) this past year and even though I clearly notice the difference I still believe I'm fat. I weigh 137 pounds and I'm still not where I want to be with my body. Now, everyone says I look great but I'm a little afraid that once I get to my goal, which is 130 pounds, I won't be happy with what I see. So I decided to lose weight until I reach 120 lbs but everyone's saying I shouldn't. I'm scared that I'll become too skinny if I keep thinking this way.

Do you think 130lbs is considered fat?
I've gone through the same thing you've went through ( been 250lbs+, got down to 150lbs, still thought I looked obese ), the deal is you've seen the gradual changes over time, not the massive change overall, so your mind hasn't really associated the changes.

135lbs is actually my goal now, so no, I don't think that it's fat. But you're also only relating fat to a number on the scale, not how muscular you are and what your BMI actually is in terms of fat:muscle ratio.

If it helps, find an old picture of yourself, and take a new one and compare the two. Find several in different poses and compare how different you are now from then. It helped me ( which is also why I'm photo-documenting my weight loss so I can see the changes from start to finish this time around ).

Heart Hunter

What's your height? c:

Divine Zealot

Boxicle
So I I've lost a significant amount of weight (60+ lbs) this past year

Congrats.

Quote:

Considering the context... Not a clue. Use this as a means to start off. But even this has it's limits. If you want to be more muscular, for example, you'll end up above the range you're in. But, in either case, it should be a great way to determine where you might end up in. Just remember that this is an estimation. They give pretty wide differences in number gaps because there are just way too many factors. A 5 foot 10 male would be between 144 and 180, depending on frame, muscle mass, water weight, etc...

Shy Fairy

8,300 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
What is your height?

Lunatic

conjured thrall
XMissPandaPieX
What is your height?

5'5

Lunatic

Poe-Sensei
Boxicle
So I I've lost a significant amount of weight (60+ lbs) this past year

Congrats.

Quote:

Considering the context... Not a clue. Use this as a means to start off. But even this has it's limits. If you want to be more muscular, for example, you'll end up above the range you're in. But, in either case, it should be a great way to determine where you might end up in. Just remember that this is an estimation. They give pretty wide differences in number gaps because there are just way too many factors. A 5 foot 10 male would be between 144 and 180, depending on frame, muscle mass, water weight, etc...

Well I think I'm medium frame. I don't know.

Lunatic

Ethebet
I've gone through the same thing you've went through ( been 250lbs+, got down to 150lbs, still thought I looked obese ), the deal is you've seen the gradual changes over time, not the massive change overall, so your mind hasn't really associated the changes.

135lbs is actually my goal now, so no, I don't think that it's fat. But you're also only relating fat to a number on the scale, not how muscular you are and what your BMI actually is in terms of fat:muscle ratio.

If it helps, find an old picture of yourself, and take a new one and compare the two. Find several in different poses and compare how different you are now from then. It helped me ( which is also why I'm photo-documenting my weight loss so I can see the changes from start to finish this time around ).

Thank you. 4laugh

Shy Fairy

8,300 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Boxicle
conjured thrall
XMissPandaPieX
What is your height?

5'5

The weight you are at seems perfectly fine to me. If you see anyone, see a Doctor or another medical professional; they are the best at advising you on such matters, not us.
It depends on your height. For me, 130lbs. is heavy but if you're 6ft. or something it's not an unhealthy weight.

Tipsy Bunny

11,525 Points
  • Are You Jelly? 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Lapin Patrol Haldus: Victory! 100
I just hope you're getting all of your daily nutrients and exercise okay heart

Demonic Raider

Boxicle
conjured thrall
XMissPandaPieX
What is your height?

5'5

I'm 5'5 and 130, and am not fat at all. As long as you feel healthy with where you are at, then there is nothing wrong with that

ShakeZor's Waifu

Big Trash

Sleeping Rabbit
I just hope you're getting all of your daily nutrients and exercise okay heart

Super important. Your weight sounds fine, and I'm sure you look awesome!! Health comes first though. If your friends are telling you that you look great, listen to them. Do not keep pushing yourself. As someone recovering from an eating disorder, I can tell you that if you find losing weight more important than taking care of your body, you will never be happy or satisfied. Please take care of yourself, beautiful!

Party Kitten

11,650 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
don't rely so much on other's opinions on what to do with your body. You'll never be happy this way. If you aren't happy, do whatever it takes to make you happy. Just my personal opinion.
I used to weight a lot more, and didn't discuss my ideal weight with anyone else. It wasn't their business.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff