Welcome to Gaia! ::

7,850 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200
One I've heard of is garlic, is that correct?
What other things can help flush out my system.
I recently had a ton of fast food and frozen food last week, my body feels week now as I usually eat healthy, I'd like to flush all that out and start fresh.
No I don't want to water fast.

IRL Nerd

8,900 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Team Jacob 100
Things high in fiber tend to flush the solids out of your body anyways. But you could always take the easy way out and put Bena-Fiber into everything you drink and get it that way xd

7,850 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200
The_science_master
Things high in fiber tend to flush the solids out of your body anyways. But you could always take the easy way out and put Bena-Fiber into everything you drink and get it that way xd
I don't take supplements. Natural fiber is in fruits. I guess I'll just make a smoothie. I wanted to see if there wasn't anything already in my diet that could help me flush faster. A so called miracle food.

IRL Nerd

8,900 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Team Jacob 100
oTrissa
The_science_master
I don't take supplements. Natural fiber is in fruits. I guess I'll just make a smoothie. I wanted to see if there wasn't anything already in my diet that could help me flush faster. A so called miracle food.
Well it's not really a supplement since fiber isn't really needed in the body for metabolism function. But if you want natural then just eat the crap out of fruit and vegetables. Vegetables have more fiber than fruit so I would suggest focusing on that more.
"Detox" is a load of garbage. Just start eating healthily from now on and you'll feel better - what you're feeling is probably, in part, psychological. Enough said.

7,850 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200
MegaTurkey
"Detox" is a load of garbage. Just start eating healthily from now on and you'll feel better - what you're feeling is probably, in part, psychological. Enough said.
I eat healthy all the time. I eat healthier than most people I know. And most of the world.
oTrissa
MegaTurkey
I eat healthy all the time. I eat healthier than most people I know. And most of the world.

Cool story bro. So you should feel better soon then!

7,850 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200
MegaTurkey
oTrissa
MegaTurkey

Cool story bro. So you should feel better soon then!
Riiighht.

Hallowed Cultist

24,025 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Elysium's Hero 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
MegaTurkey
I second this. Just continue with your healthy diet and drink lots of water. The water helps your body get rid of any excess sodium that may still be left over from the processed foods.

Bashful Streaker

Salt water. Put rough sea salt in water and drink it in the morning (in an empty stomach).

Staying away from sugar, too much fat and wheat (pasta, bread, etc) helps me to get much more lighter feeling. But I'm sure you already knew this.
Nanne
Salt water. Put rough sea salt in water and drink it in the morning (in an empty stomach).

Staying away from sugar, too much fat and wheat (pasta, bread, etc) helps me to get much more lighter feeling. But I'm sure you already knew this.

Can you source me any articles from reputable, peer-reviewed medical journals to back up this information?

Bashful Streaker

MegaTurkey
Nanne

Can you source me any articles from reputable, peer-reviewed medical journals to back up this information?

It's common knowledge for people who fast. Google it.
Nanne
MegaTurkey
Nanne

What google brings up isn't regulated and may not be supported by scientific evidence; information on 99% of websites can be written by anyone, for any reason and can be completely wrong.

Drinking salt water is an unnecessary activity unless it is after a bout of intense exercise or diarrhoea, to replace lost electrolytes.

In fact, if you suffer from hypertension - it is contraindicative and can be dangerous.

Bashful Streaker

MegaTurkey
Nanne
MegaTurkey
Nanne

What google brings up isn't regulated and may not be supported by scientific evidence; information on 99% of websites can be written by anyone, for any reason and can be completely wrong.

Drinking salt water is an unnecessary activity unless it is after a bout of intense exercise or diarrhoea, to replace lost electrolytes.

In fact, if you suffer from hypertension - it is contraindicative and can be dangerous.

There is plenty of backing up. And it does not cause diarrea, it just makes it come out quick in the morning. Drugstores also sell a thing called glauber salt for for that.

What happens is that when you intake so much salt your body tries to get rid of it as soon as possible (usually within the hour).

Don't argue with someone who knows what it does.

Newbie Conversationalist

Trisss emotion_kirakira
As soon as you go back to your normal habits of eating healthy, your body will work is magic, it'll take about a week or so, but you'll feel soooo much better than fasting or something.

Water, tea, and rough/leafy foods will all help <3

just remember we all need a break from being healthy and to not hold any of that against yourself. C:

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff