Welcome to Gaia! ::

Blessed Sex Symbol

8,350 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Forum Sophomore 300
The Color Run is a 5k (~3.1 mile) run where you get sprayed by different colored paints every 1k - and I want to do it August 28th, when it comes to NYC. So I gotta start training now, so that I'm not the lame one wheezing in the back...
It sounds amazingly fun, and I really want to do it.
Anyone else planning on doing it/have done it? Any tips for running a 5k, in general?
strawberry t w i n k i e
The Color Run is a 5k (~3.1 mile) run where you get sprayed by different colored paints every 1k - and I want to do it August 28th, when it comes to NYC. So I gotta start training now, so that I'm not the lame one wheezing in the back...
It sounds amazingly fun, and I really want to do it.
Anyone else planning on doing it/have done it? Any tips for running a 5k, in general?

I know that if you do isometrics for your legs, and slowly increase the static holds...
That your muscles won't give up before you run out of breath. So..
Combine increasing static holds for leg isometrics, and cardio - to keep those lungs breathing
and legs moving!

Do some plyometrics to increase overall ability, and to prevent excess muscle growth (The lighter you are, the easier you'll have it) Because plyometrics build power, you'll have no problem hopping in leaps and bounds, maybe even into first.

That's my five cents!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games