Welcome to Gaia! ::

Rogue

Most of my fats go to my upper arm and abdomen resulting in no hips and ugly upper arms emotion_donotwant After seeing how I look like in this blogger's post I really believe it is time for me to hit up the gym and tone up but there is this complication emotion_8c I am on last 5 tablets of Roaccutane. I am not sure whether my dermatologist will decide I shall continue taking them once I finish these. Roaccutane is a great medication for my severe acne problem, unfortunately, some of its side effects would be (1)tenderness or stiffness in bones, joints or muscles, (2)tiredness and (3)emotional instability [reference]. My dermatologist strongly against me to do workout routine with machine or at gym during and a year after completing this medication. Most of the websites I check out for a workout routine require the use of a machine or to be done at gym. So, what workout program should I follow if I want to tone and shape up the following areas.
    • biceps (upper arms)
    • abdominis (abs)
    • hamstring
    • gastrocnemius lateral head (lower legs)
    • butt (beside squad O A O)

It'd be great if any of you set up a proper dietary meals and workout program that I could do at home or refer me to great websites to follow. Unfortunately I am not allowed to take protein milkshake :< I drink plenty of water tho as my dermatologist told me it is a must thing to do. I cannot cook so all I have been doing is finding closest to any meal written in here
My profile:

Height: 166 cm/5.44619423 feet (5 feet 523⁄64 inches)
      Weight: 55 kg/121.254 pounds

6,000 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hygienic 200
"Toning" just means lowering body fat. But unfortunately, most people who lose weight don't get that "toned" look they want because they lack the muscle underneath the fat to look good. What you need is a structured total body workout. I would recommend you look at Mark Ripptoe's Starting Strength. Dieting is also vital to altering your appearance, the best way to do it would be to find your BMR and your TDEE and eat somewhere between them. You can find great calculators for these just by searching on google. But most importantly, since your medication puts you in a bad spot for serious training, I would very very strongly urge you to speak with a doctor before beginning any kind of resistance training.

Rogue

Wolfdude87
"Toning" just means lowering body fat. But unfortunately, most people who lose weight don't get that "toned" look they want because they lack the muscle underneath the fat to look good. What you need is a structured total body workout. I would recommend you look at Mark Ripptoe's Starting Strength. Dieting is also vital to altering your appearance, the best way to do it would be to find your BMR and your TDEE and eat somewhere between them. You can find great calculators for these just by searching on google. But most importantly, since your medication puts you in a bad spot for serious training, I would very very strongly urge you to speak with a doctor before beginning any kind of resistance training.
what is BMR? wat is TDEE? O A O
And I did go to doctor (we normally refer them as GP) this morning for some consultation including this matter. All she said was like "I don't know. Ask your dermatologist." OTL
To be fair, though, I moved to from Adelaide to Melbourne (interstate) so I have no clue a good GP. I am quite disappointed at the GP I visited today as she was not really helpful. Asked her to refer me to a local dermatologist, she gave me the one who is no longer open for practice OTL

Partying Prophet

Wolfdude98 has it.

Though, I'd like to say the underarm part of your bicep is called the tricep.

6,000 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hygienic 200
Leasfy
Wolfdude87
what is BMR? wat is TDEE? O A O
And I did go to doctor (we normally refer them as GP) this morning for some consultation including this matter. All she said was like "I don't know. Ask your dermatologist." OTL
To be fair, though, I moved to from Adelaide to Melbourne (interstate) so I have no clue a good GP. I am quite disappointed at the GP I visited today as she was not really helpful. Asked her to refer me to a local dermatologist, she gave me the one who is no longer open for practice OTL

Base Metabolic Rate (BMR) is the amount of food your body needs to sustain itself in a completely sedentary state. Total Daily Energy Expenditure (TDEE) is the amount of food your body needs to sustain itself after you factor in the calories you burn as a result of your daily activities. Basically, these numbers can serve as a guide in helping you eat less without eating too little. Also, play with your calories a bit because the online calculators are good guide but a little wonky sometimes.

Rogue

Wolfdude87

Base Metabolic Rate (BMR) is the amount of food your body needs to sustain itself in a completely sedentary state. Total Daily Energy Expenditure (TDEE) is the amount of food your body needs to sustain itself after you factor in the calories you burn as a result of your daily activities. Basically, these numbers can serve as a guide in helping you eat less without eating too little. Also, play with your calories a bit because the online calculators are good guide but a little wonky sometimes.
How do I calculate my BMR and TDEE? eek

Can you suggest any light workout program which I could do at home? emotion_kirakira

6,000 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hygienic 200
Leasfy
Wolfdude87

How do I calculate my BMR and TDEE? eek

Can you suggest any light workout program which I could do at home? emotion_kirakira

As I said in my first post, google "BMR calculator" and "TDEE calculator" and you'll get what you're looking for. Also, my main area of knowledge is in heavy weight training, either bodybuilding focused or powerlifting focused. I know a bit about cardio too, but I consider light workout programs to be largely a waste of time for any able-bodied person. I understand that you have physical limitations that might make heavy lifting impossible but I can't claim to have any relevant knowledge as to what you're looking for.

Rogue

TokenCollector
Wolfdude98 has it.

oh the saggy part of upper arms! is there any exercise I could do specifically for this o.o

Partying Prophet

Leasfy
TokenCollector
Wolfdude98 has it.

oh the saggy part of upper arms! is there any exercise I could do specifically for this o.o

Pushups, Tricep Extensions, Flat bench press. Though this will only build the muscle you still need to cut the fat off it to see it with proper diet and such.

Like Wolfdude87 you need to calculate that information, but I'll do it for you.
If you want a basic routine/nutrition plan here is one (especially for you c; );
Please note you don't have to follow this and ask questions or tell me if you can't do something.
First I used this site: x to calculate this information.
you need 1560 Calories/day to maintain your weight
you need 1060 Calories/day to lose 1 lb per week
you need 560 Calories/day to lose 2 lb per week
you need 2060 Calories/day to gain 1 lb per week
you need 2560 Calories/day to gain 2 lb per week
*Note I suggest losing only 1lb per week.

Nutrition;
Eat Vegetables, cut out starchy ones like potatoes, corn.
Eat 1g of protein per pound. The best source for protein is chicken breast or low fat beef.
Fruits? They are high in calories, so be wary.
Fat? Eat less then 10g a day if possible.
Get a daily vitamin and some fish oil pills Omega 3.
Cut the sodium. It makes you retain water and bloat.
Drink 1gallon of water a day. It fights sodium and bloating! Crazy I know. Plus your body needs it for its major functions. Also curves hunger.
Cut the sugar. Be wary of sugar.
No junk food. Yuck!

Workout;
3x15-20 Pushups (Works chest, tricep, abs, etc)
3x15-20 Squats (Works the glutes(butt), legs)
3x15-20 Calf Raisers (Works calves obv!)
3x10-15 Pull Ups (Works the back, deltoids, biceps)
3x10-15 Flutter Kicks (Lower abs)
3x10-15 Bicycle Crunch (Abs, obliques)

Do this 2-3 times per week. Have atleast 1 rest day between.

Cardio; 3 20minute sessions a week. mild cardio. This can be a light jog, swimming, dancing, etc.
well first and foremost . u .

a good question would be..would you like to develop a more muscular, well toned tricep or would you like to make your tricep smaller

for your abs: would you like a smaller tummy? or would you like your abs to appear more toned?

hamstrings: is it fatty? or muscular?
gastorc:

butt: is easy to build. :3

if you really are interested just talk to me you know where to contact me . u . and..

for a quick guide: you need to develop a good "eating" program.. i cant really give you a eating program because I dont know what food you like, what you can't eat, and what kind of lifestyle you lead..

but basically if you are bloating too much now you need to lower salt content on the food you are eating, you need to do cardio exercises etc..

- just contact my skype if your interested

first thing to focus on is looking into what you eat throughout the day.. jot it down.. its important tto know how and what you eat on a regular basis by knowing this = you should lower your intake

Rogue

TokenCollector
Leasfy
TokenCollector
Wolfdude98 has it.

Pushups, Tricep Extensions, Flat bench press. Though this will only build the muscle you still need to cut the fat off it to see it with proper diet and such.

If you want a basic routine/nutrition plan here is one (especially for you c; );
Please note you don't have to follow this and ask questions or tell me if you can't do something.

Nutrition;
Eat 1g of protein per pound. The best source for protein is chicken breast or low fat beef.
Drink 1gallon of water a day. It fights sodium and bloating! Crazy I know. Plus your body needs it for its major functions. Also curves hunger.
No junk food. Yuck!

Workout;

Cardio; 3 20minute sessions a week. mild cardio. This can be a light jog, swimming, dancing, etc.
I am trying to lose about 2 - 3 kg per week O A O
and also
what kind of fruits shall I get?
And no junk food?! gonk How about KFC?
I am a fan of instant food. I can't cook either and as a postgraduate student, I rarely even have time for myself sweatdrop

My stamina is badddd. I can't run for too long. And plus, with this medication, I get exhausted so easily. What kind of a dance shall I do? biggrin

Partying Prophet

Leasfy
TokenCollector
Leasfy
TokenCollector
Wolfdude98 has it.

Nutrition;
No junk food. Yuck!

Workout;

I am trying to lose about 2 - 3 kg per week O A O
and also
what kind of fruits shall I get?
And no junk food?! gonk How about KFC?
I am a fan of instant food. I can't cook either and as a postgraduate student, I rarely even have time for myself sweatdrop

My stamina is badddd. I can't run for too long. And plus, with this medication, I get exhausted so easily. What kind of a dance shall I do? biggrin

2-3kg? Isnt that like 2-4pounds?(not good with kg) It's safer bet to only lose 1lb or you might risk losing muscle.
Apples are good after a workout. Lemons good detox. Pretty much any that you enjoy. (I don't personally eat fruits when I'm 'dieting')
Grilled chicken is better then breaded. KFC is okay if you eat only the vegetables and grilled chicken.
Wal-Mart or whatever grocery store you go to should have frozen chicken breast that are already cooked. Just toss it in the microwave.

Dangerous Bear

14,200 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

The key part to making any change would actually be to "stick" to a routine.

"Fitness is a commitment."

A lot of people hear this yet don't fully comprehend it.
To put this in simple English terms...
Once you "commit" to anything you are "bound" to it.

com·mit (k-mt)
v. com·mit·ted, com·mit·ting, com·mits
v.tr.
1. To do, perform, or perpetrate: commit a murder.
2. To put in trust or charge; entrust: commit oneself to the care of a doctor; commit responsibilities to an assistant.
3. To place officially in confinement or custody, as in a mental health facility.
4. To consign for future use or reference or for preservation: commit the secret code to memory.
5. To put into a place to be kept safe or to be disposed of.
a. To make known the views of (oneself) on an issue: I never commit myself on such issues.
b. To bind or obligate, as by a pledge: They were committed to follow orders.
7. To refer (a legislative bill, for example) to a committee.
v.intr.
To pledge or obligate one's own self: felt that he was too young to commit fully to marriage.

When you commit to certain things you also need to understand it as a whole.
There are pros and cons to everything.

With fitness training there are many ups and downs.
The hardest being the "Work".

Well that's the point right?
No pain no game.

Right now I realize how much I took for granted 4 years ago.
I was very Fit.

Now I just made excuses simply because I was that good.
I still felt that good but it didn't mean I was.

Now re-entering Army training I get the picture.
No saying..."Oh...that's easy..I can do it tomorrow, my arms hurt."

I think its the soreness and realization that you can't gain anything without hard work and pain.

After the first week I couldn't move.
I couldn't even lift the weights I used to think were baby toys.
For gods sake I did wrist curls with 45lb dumbbells and watched TV back in the day.

I can hear the old me laughing and calling me a wusspuss.
I seemed to have forgotten that you need a drive.
You need to want that image in your head.

I could barely move my arms down from a T-Rex position or get up without my stomach
hurting like a 18wheeler hit me.

So what I did was grab a tube of Bengay and massaged my sore muscles and hit the floor.
The pain and the burning were unbearable.
But I kept pushing.

Because in the Army people come in and struggle.
I will be the few that go in like it's just another easy day at the gym.

And the Army is like a commitment.
But it's one without a choice.
It's what your expected to do.
It's a matter of life, death and survival.

If you want to get through anything.
You've got to commit 100% like your very life depends on it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff