Welcome to Gaia! ::

Distinct Fatcat

6,450 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Autobiographer 200
Does anyone know how I can swim faster and have more endurance? Because I get tired just after 8 minutes of reheating rolleyes
I had 80% but I would like to have more than that

Familiar Explorer

x-iiLove_Chocolate
Does anyone know how I can swim faster and have more endurance? Because I get tired just after 8 minutes of reheating rolleyes

I have no experience in swimming except playing in my pool, but I did run track for a while, so I'll say this:

To increase endurance you simply need to just grind it out. Keep at it everyday and keep increasing the intensity.

To move faster you need to increase your muscle strength and perfect technique. I wouldn't know where to start on this for swimming but abs/back are vital in nearly every movement you make

Anxious Citizen

5,950 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Timid 100
  • Hygienic 200
x-iiLove_Chocolate

Faster is strength and technique, start doing push ups and squats and endurance comes with persistance, if you 8 minutes now do 9 the next time and 10 the time after, also take less time catching your breath even if you still feel puffy that helps.

Distinct Fatcat

6,450 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Autobiographer 200
xthumbtack
x-iiLove_Chocolate

I have no experience in swimming except playing in my pool, but I did run track for a while, so I'll say this:

To increase endurance you simply need to just grind it out. Keep at it everyday and keep increasing the intensity.

To move faster you need to increase your muscle strength and perfect technique. I wouldn't know where to start on this for swimming but abs/back are vital in nearly every movement you make

Oh my, I haven't thought of that xD. I think the concept of speed and endurance goes the same for running and swimming , thanks a lot mrgreen

Distinct Fatcat

6,450 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Autobiographer 200
agirlnamedolivia
x-iiLove_Chocolate

Faster is strength and technique, start doing push ups and squats and endurance comes with persistance, if you 8 minutes now do 9 the next time and 10 the time after, also take less time catching your breath even if you still feel puffy that helps.

Wow thank you for your advise 4laugh but what do you mean by taking less time catching my breath? Does it mean I have to have a constant speed?

Familiar Explorer

x-iiLove_Chocolate
agirlnamedolivia
x-iiLove_Chocolate

Wow thank you for your advise 4laugh but what do you mean by taking less time catching my breath? Does it mean I have to have a constant speed?

I think she means to shorten your rest time in-between reps.

Say you usually swim for 5 minute at a time and then rest for 5 minutes. Well on the next rep you would swim for 5 minutes again but then rest for only 4 minutes. It's a really common and effective workout that can be used to train speed endurance or aerobic(long-distance) endurance.

Anxious Citizen

5,950 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Timid 100
  • Hygienic 200
xthumbtack
x-iiLove_Chocolate
agirlnamedolivia
x-iiLove_Chocolate

I think she means to shorten your rest time in-between reps.

Say you usually swim for 5 minute at a time and then rest for 5 minutes. Well on the next rep you would swim for 5 minutes again but then rest for only 4 minutes. It's a really common and effective workout that can be used to train speed endurance or aerobic(long-distance) endurance.

What he said ^

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces