Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hilarious Genius

Hello Everyone,

So today i went in to surgery for an AnalFistula one of the most annoying things that can ever happen to someone.

I Was just wondering if anyone had any experience with the after care of the surgery.
How do i change the bandages and go to the washroom with out fear of damaging something back their.
Things like that.

Maybe if someone else went through this and they can share their experience with me!

Friendly Lunatic

Ahh, that doesn't sound fun at all sad

I've had surgery but not with that condition. It would help a lot if (and if it's not too embarassing) there was someone to help you out initially in changing bandages. If you're on your own, a mirror may help?
A squirt bottle with warm water to wash the area. Slow and gentle, nothing that will irritate the skin.
Blargh this is probably all info you already know and not particularly very helpful.

Wishing you a speedy recovery! Get lots of rest and I hope you heal quickly!

Divine Bibliophile

10,600 Points
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Married 100
You should be better within a week or two. Until then, make sure you're taking your painkillers/antibiotics/laxatives as prescribed, eating high-fiber foods, staying hydrated, and cleaning the incision site regularly until it's healed over. Daily sitz baths are also good for post-op; they'll keep the incision site clean, and ease any pain. Also, if you start bleeding heavily, having problems passing waste either way, running a fever, or if you take longer than three weeks to recover, contact your general practitioner.
Best of luck with your recovery.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces