Welcome to Gaia! ::

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

13,250 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Jack-pot 100
What are some supplements that can help with weight loss/looking pretty? [And I don't mean diet pills]

Right now I take Omega 3, Probiotics, a multivitamin, and folic acid. I'd just like to know if anyone else has other favorites/suggestions. ^^

Mega Cutie-Pie

Vegegreens

Shy Noob

9,000 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • First step to fame 200
eat your greens and watery fruit like oranges blueberries pineapple drink water avoid alcohol..

for a modelling shoot i diet 14 days before by just eating fruit and greens and protein avoiding carbs...

just to cut down to show my muscles more and give my skin a health glow then for the last 3 days i just watery fruit and light protein like fish after the shoot i normally go to mcdonalds as a treat have a big mac meal ..
i would avoid supplements if i were you, being that most of them have bad long term side effects.

Tipsy Exhibitionist

11,150 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Love Machine 150
I only take vitamins/supplements when I feel like my body is lacking them.

And it's either calcium or iron.

Mega Cutie-Pie

Nikteus
i would avoid supplements if i were you, being that most of them have bad long term side effects.

i doubt there are any negative side effects from taking any of the supplements she has listed... confused

Time-traveling Senshi

I take a women's daily multivitamin in order to supplement my tendency to not get everything I should be during the day. During times I know I'm going to be susceptible to getting sick I go with half the serving of the multivitamin (one instead of two) and add in a chewable Airborne to help give my immune system an extra kick of the vitamins and minerals that will help fight off me getting sick. I try to get most of my body's daily requirements through food but I know that's not going to be always true so I use my women's multivitamin to make certain I'm getting enough D in my diet.

If you're a woman and you don't drink milk daily the least you should be taking is calcium with D to keep your bones strong and healthy.

Shameless Visionary

19,000 Points
  • Master Medic 150
  • Cool Competitor 150
  • Never Give Up 35
Take all the B vitamins, not just a few. They work together, so you need all of them.

But some have more to do with weight loss than others. You need choline and inositol to break down fat tissue. You can get a lot of choline by taking lecithin capsules, and inositol you can buy as tablets or capsules.

You also need a lot of magnesium for fat metabolism. If you're going to take supplements, go for magnesium carbonate or magnesium glycinate. If you can find magnesium chloride as a supplement, that would be good. These are the easiest forms to absorb through your digestive tract. Magnesium sulfate or magnesium chloride can also be absorbed through your skin, by throwing a handful or two into a bathtub full of water and soaking yourself in it. I don't know if you can get enough that way, though -- it's not my usual method.

You can also eat foods that are rich in magnesium (this is my preferred method). The dark green leafy vegetables are the best -- spinach, kale, chard, dandelion greens, and seaweed. Nuts and seeds are probably the next best source. Most vegetables and fruits have some magnesium in them, so the more of these you eat, the better. They also contain other nutrients that are important for the health of your hair and skin and all the rest of your body.

That's my two cents' worth.

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

13,250 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Jack-pot 100
Great Lakes haze
Take all the B vitamins, not just a few. They work together, so you need all of them.

But some have more to do with weight loss than others. You need choline and inositol to break down fat tissue. You can get a lot of choline by taking lecithin capsules, and inositol you can buy as tablets or capsules.

You also need a lot of magnesium for fat metabolism. If you're going to take supplements, go for magnesium carbonate or magnesium glycinate. If you can find magnesium chloride as a supplement, that would be good. These are the easiest forms to absorb through your digestive tract. Magnesium sulfate or magnesium chloride can also be absorbed through your skin, by throwing a handful or two into a bathtub full of water and soaking yourself in it. I don't know if you can get enough that way, though -- it's not my usual method.

You can also eat foods that are rich in magnesium (this is my preferred method). The dark green leafy vegetables are the best -- spinach, kale, chard, dandelion greens, and seaweed. Nuts and seeds are probably the next best source. Most vegetables and fruits have some magnesium in them, so the more of these you eat, the better. They also contain other nutrients that are important for the health of your hair and skin and all the rest of your body.

That's really helpful. I already have some Magnesium tablets in my medicine cabinet, so I'll start adding those, and look for some choline/inositol at the store. ^^

Shameless Visionary

19,000 Points
  • Master Medic 150
  • Cool Competitor 150
  • Never Give Up 35
pluhsauce
Great Lakes haze

That's really helpful. I already have some Magnesium tablets in my medicine cabinet, so I'll start adding those, and look for some choline/inositol at the store. ^^

Hope you get the results you want!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces