Welcome to Gaia! ::

Wheezing Noob

I got sunburnt pretty bad at the lake yesterday, and I have senior pictures coming up this week. I've been constantly putting on Aloe, but I'm not sure if this will heal the burn fast enough. What do you guys do to quickly heal a sunburn and prevent peeling?

Shy Citizen

4,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
An after-tan spray containing aloe, and applying cold compresses via a flannel to sooth the burning.

Invisible Helper

45,600 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Vinegar, will take the heat out of sunburn, but it wont make it go away any faster. sweatdrop

8,800 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Megathread 100
  • Team Jacob 100
Oh, I feel you... Just got a nasty burn last week. The first 2-3 days will be the worst, but use a decent amount of aloe-gel these days, but do NOT overdo it. The alcohol in the gel numbs the pain, but after the first couple days, the downsides start outweighing the benefits. After the first few days, before you start peeling (usually when you start seeing blistering), remember to use lots and lots of lotion, and don't try to pop the blisters. They'll get infected, and that will suck worse than the burn. When you start to peel, resist the temptation to peel it off! Your skin needs to heal naturally, and tugging it off while it's trying to work is a big no-no. The best you can really do is to stay hydrated (make sure you are getting at least 32oz of water a day, more if you drink any soda, eat salty food, or workout) and use a ton of lotion. Advil can also help a little with inflamation.

Next time you get a nasty burn, put black tea bags on them that night - it only works if you do it within about 48 hours, but it brings down a lot of the swelling and pain.

Good luck! Feel better!! heart

Wheezing Noob

Euitha
Oh, I feel you... Just got a nasty burn last week. The first 2-3 days will be the worst, but use a decent amount of aloe-gel these days, but do NOT overdo it. The alcohol in the gel numbs the pain, but after the first couple days, the downsides start outweighing the benefits. After the first few days, before you start peeling (usually when you start seeing blistering), remember to use lots and lots of lotion, and don't try to pop the blisters. They'll get infected, and that will suck worse than the burn. When you start to peel, resist the temptation to peel it off! Your skin needs to heal naturally, and tugging it off while it's trying to work is a big no-no. The best you can really do is to stay hydrated (make sure you are getting at least 32oz of water a day, more if you drink any soda, eat salty food, or workout) and use a ton of lotion. Advil can also help a little with inflamation.

Next time you get a nasty burn, put black tea bags on them that night - it only works if you do it within about 48 hours, but it brings down a lot of the swelling and pain.

Good luck! Feel better!! heart

Thank you so much!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas