Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fashionable Shapeshifter

So a couple of months ago I went to the salon to get my hair done I got a style and my hair trim, well after I wash my hair about 6 days later I notice my hair is split like really bad. I haven't been back, now I was wondering with split ends do I need to get them cut again or can I start buying some products to repair them.

Timid Sex Symbol

11,300 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Forum Regular 100
i havent ever had split hairs from getting my hair cut, always whenever i leave it for too long between cuts. if you feel confident in your ability to trim your own ends to get rid of the split hairs, otherwise try a product for a month or two and if it doesnt work you might wanna try a different hairdresser to make sure your hair is getting the attention that it deserves

Fashionable Shapeshifter

dancingprincess435
i havent ever had split hairs from getting my hair cut, always whenever i leave it for too long between cuts. if you feel confident in your ability to trim your own ends to get rid of the split hairs, otherwise try a product for a month or two and if it doesnt work you might wanna try a different hairdresser to make sure your hair is getting the attention that it deserves

Well the thing is my hair was already split, I went to the salon to tell them to cut my hair into layered bob and get rid of the split ends. The lady cut my hair shorter but did nothing for my split ends so my hair looks all sorts of bad.

Timid Sex Symbol

11,300 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Forum Regular 100
ScarTheBloody
dancingprincess435

Well the thing is my hair was already split, I went to the salon to tell them to cut my hair into layered bob and get rid of the split ends. The lady cut my hair shorter but did nothing for my split ends so my hair looks all sorts of bad.
eich! see if you can go back to her to tell her that your split ends need to be gone, or else wait for them to grow a bit and head tosomone else
Oil the ends for now, and go into "styling" rehab. (No heat products or harsh chemicals.) Your hair will grow longer and healthier that way. There really is no way to completely seal split ends without trimming them. sad

Lunatic

9,650 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Flatterer 200
You shouldn't have to trim your ends more frequently than every three months. (I go for 6 in the winter). Make sure you're getting them all. Your hair doesn't all grow at the same rate so some ends may be longer and you'll have to trim more off.

Also don't wash your hair more than 3 times per week. Doing so washes away the natural oils your scalp produces that protect your hair. If you hair is long, the oil may never make it to the tips if you wash it too frequently.

Since my hair is long, fine, and prone to splitting, I use a botanical hair oil after washing on my ends (ONLY the ends) Coconut or avocado oil also work or even egg yolks. Its a way of replacing the oils that naturally protect your hair.

Hope that helps!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces