Welcome to Gaia! ::

Manly Glitch

H-Hello everyone. This is my first time posting in this forum. (I've never opened a thread in any forums at all; I forum-stalk usually.) I also apologize if my grammar might seem odd, because English isn't quite my first language. B-But anyway onto the main subject.. I'm very sorry if I posted this in the wrong forums, but I want to ask a few questions about the after effects of a minor stroke.

See, my father has recently been diagnosed with a minor stroke.

My dad never liked going for his monthly checkups; No matter how I nagged at him to go, he never did listened. He also has a very unhealthy obsession with salty types of food. Until one day when we were heading for our usual breakfast, and he felt dizzy and began vomiting nonstop, so I quickly sent him to the hospital nearby to get checked, only to find out that he's been having high blood pressure for a very long time and also a minor stroke.

But that's all solved. I sent him to my aunt's place to help take care of him.

Now the problem is... Dad's been acting odd lately.
Before he had a stroke, he's a very caring type of father and also worries about me and my sister daily.
But after he had a stroke, each time we visit him; He'd treat us like complete strangers and would ignore us everytime we ask him how he's doing there.

His entire left body is also paralyzed, i.e: his left hand and leg, and has difficulty walking. Fortunately, his left leg recovered a lot after we sent him for the eastern needle treatment, but he'd still require a walking stick to move.

Sorry for the long post; luckily it's the end of that.

I'd like to ask if the effects are permanent; even after he's better, or will he recover?
Also will his memories be affected? I hope not, cause the way he's talking to us lately as if we're all strangers makes me worried.
Tsukihime Misaki
H-Hello everyone. This is my first time posting in this forum. (I've never opened a thread in any forums at all; I forum-stalk usually.) I also apologize if my grammar might seem odd, because English isn't quite my first language. B-But anyway onto the main subject.. I'm very sorry if I posted this in the wrong forums, but I want to ask a few questions about the after effects of a minor stroke.

See, my father has recently been diagnosed with a minor stroke.

My dad never liked going for his monthly checkups; No matter how I nagged at him to go, he never did listened. He also has a very unhealthy obsession with salty types of food. Until one day when we were heading for our usual breakfast, and he felt dizzy and began vomiting nonstop, so I quickly sent him to the hospital nearby to get checked, only to find out that he's been having high blood pressure for a very long time and also a minor stroke.

But that's all solved. I sent him to my aunt's place to help take care of him.

Now the problem is... Dad's been acting odd lately.
Before he had a stroke, he's a very caring type of father and also worries about me and my sister daily.
But after he had a stroke, each time we visit him; He'd treat us like complete strangers and would ignore us everytime we ask him how he's doing there.

His entire left body is also paralyzed, i.e: his left hand and leg, and has difficulty walking. Fortunately, his left leg recovered a lot after we sent him for the eastern needle treatment, but he'd still require a walking stick to move.

Sorry for the long post; luckily it's the end of that.

I'd like to ask if the effects are permanent; even after he's better, or will he recover?
Also will his memories be affected? I hope not, cause the way he's talking to us lately as if we're all strangers makes me worried.

Whilst I could talk to you about strokes and transient ischaemic attacks (or "mini strokes" ) in general, I cannot speculate on your father's specific situation unless I have access to his medical records; only a doctor treating him will be able to provide you with a prognosis (the likely outcome of his illness).

It all very much depends upon his individual case; his personal state of health, the severity of the incident, what damage has been done, how well he is responding to treatment and how quickly treatment was started. As you can see I cannot use general information to give you specific answers about an individual situation, particularly one with so many variables.

You should ask those very questions to a doctor treating your father in hospital, only they can shed light on his state of health. But always remember to be optimistic and supportive of your father; as he is a stroke victim, he will need a strong, dependable support network to fall back upon to help him through this.

Best wishes to you and your father,

Sources: Medical student.

Manly Glitch

MegaTurkey
Whilst I could talk to you about strokes and transient ischaemic attacks (or "mini strokes" ) in general, I cannot speculate on your father's specific situation unless I have access to his medical records; only a doctor treating him will be able to provide you with a prognosis (the likely outcome of his illness).

It all very much depends upon his individual case; his personal state of health, the severity of the incident, what damage has been done, how well he is responding to treatment and how quickly treatment was started. As you can see I cannot use general information to give you specific answers about an individual situation, particularly one with so many variables.

You should ask those very questions to a doctor treating your father in hospital, only they can shed light on his state of health. But always remember to be optimistic and supportive of your father; as he is a stroke victim, he will need a strong, dependable support network to fall back upon to help him through this.

Best wishes to you and your father,

Sources: Medical student.

Many thanks for your reply! I shall go ask the doctor the next time I take dad to the hospital, thank you. c:

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff