Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gracious Hunter

I've lost quite a bit of weight in the last few years...and learned to love running. People ask me my secret to weight loss. Diet and exercise...who knew?!?

Vicious Gatekeeper

5,850 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Bookworm 100
I run and all for scenery and the freedom of it, and I use an app called Strava as well, let's you see other trails/routes people run and their best times. Makes it more engaging. I feel thats the biggest non-physical related thing is th eissue of becoming bored in the run.

6,100 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200
Shinobi_The_Sky
is running good for losing man booby fat lol

I actually started running because of that. My teachers always told me it was the best way so I got into Cross Country and Tennis just for that extra stuff. I slimmed down pretty quick. Ha ha :3

Blessed Cat

is running good for losing man booby fat lol

6,100 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200
Running alone can be a chore sometimes when running with friends seems like a competition or a party, but some good tunes on a mp3 player really just let's the time fly if you choose to go at it alone. I run alone most of the time and sing like a madman, but that's just me razz
I used to run. I LOVED running. I got married and kind of let everything go and gained some weight. I'm hoping to get back into it this spring and continue with it and not let myself fall off the track again. Does anyone know if running alone will help with shedding the weight I gained? Well running and eating properly lol!

Magical Bunny

I love running. I try to run 2-4 miles every other day + going to the gym. It's really nice and relaxing! I also like running in the city because the scenery is always changing and it makes it less boring.

Zachariel's Sweetheart

Sweet Saint

It works for me as well to shed off those extra pounds though I'm kind of a social runner rather than solitary to stay longer in my tracks.

6,100 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200
From personal experiences and P.E.'s of other people, Running keeps maintain a healthy lifestyle. I mean, I look at other activities such as weightlifting or some other sports and don't see 80-90 year olds still going at it. My english professor back in high school was sooo old he grew up with jesus. But every single day he would go out and jog with the students for fun and his mode of transport was the bike. Such a man :O

Eloquent Explorer

10,250 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Tycoon 200
I prefer using an elliptical, I feel like running puts too much stress on your knees

Blessed Winner

I run c: almost everyday

Tipsy Millionaire

10,450 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Tycoon 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
I ******** hate running because it bores the hell out of me unless I run with a buddy or am playing a sport to get my mind off the mileage.

I don't know how you people do it xD I'm too damn ADD for marathons

Aged Prophet

7,300 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Contributor 150
Oh oh oh, I used to love running. Unfortunately, I have pretty bad asthma, so I can't actually run without falling over and dying, so I. Walk? My average pace is about 3.5 to 4 mph.

I stress that I used to love running for multiple reasons. One being that it's springtime where I am, so the weather is gross and rainy, or really nice when I don't have the time to go running and then gross and rainy when I do. The other reason is because of something that I learned this quarter in college.

When you run on a treadmill for about an hour, the moment you stop running and finish your exercising, your body only continues to burn calories for up to an hour after you complete your work out. Now, if you do lifting (like with barbells or kettlebells) and you do that for 30 to 60 minutes, your body will continue to burn calories for 48 to 72 hours after you finish that work out, because when you add resistance and load to the motions you're doing, it creates micro-tears in your muscles which then have to heal, and your body exerts energy to heal the muscles so you can do more. That's what the ache in your muscles is after you've finished working out!

One hour compared to up to 3 days of burning calories makes a lot of a difference in weight loss and management. Not to mention that when you walk, you're exerting about 300 pounds of pressure on your joints -depending on your weight-, which multiplies as you run. If you like running, that's cool! I miss being able to run! But in the scheme of things, and keeping in mind that fitness isn't just working out from day to day but actually a lifelong commitment, I think I'd prefer to do squats and Turkish get-ups than run a 5k

Dapper Dabbler

I love to run.
I actually ran my first 5k this past weekend. It took a lot out of me, but oh my goodness it was fun and it really got me motivated to work out and run more often.

6,100 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200
It seems pretty strange that everytime someone asks my why i'm so slim I end up trying to convince them to try running to trim the extra fat. IS running some kind of voodoo magic or something? I thought it would be the most logical approach to losing them extra pounds. Why don't people like running? ITS SO FUN!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff