Welcome to Gaia! ::

I am 190 pounds which I think is not so bad as I'm six foot one. I don't try to fool myself that I'm someone I'm not and I try to get serious only with people who accept me the way I am. This didn't work out that well in the past and the last one was the straw that broke the donkey's back.
His name is Mark and we've been dating seven months today. That is we would if he didn't break up with me last night. He didn't say my weight was the problem, not directly. He just mumbled something about compatibility and other bull.
To be honest this was the problem. He somehow didn't manage to get it right in, you know, bed. Yesterday he admitted that I reminded him of his mother. His mother suffers from obesity, btw.
I've never been on a diet in my life. Not a single day. I am a sugar addict, that is the main problem. I can't resist them. I spent all night surfing and now I've found a perfect diet for me, which will let me eat sweets and still lose weight. I will try this. I won't ever get into similar situation ever again.
O_o... are you sure you are not underweight given your height?

stare Yeah you are not going to find a diet that lets you lose weight without changing your lifestyle... if you have any weight to lose. I recommend looking up something called the Twinkie diet. I heard about it a while ago, thanks to CNN. It sounds WAY worse than any other diet but it is an idea.

Still I think you are just fine though. I mean I am 5'11 and at my lightest I was 187 lbs. I felt like crap. Once I got back up in weight I felt much stronger and healthier.

Wheezing Plague

I'm sorry you lost a boyfriend.

Try eating just a little bit less and move just a little bit more? I'm not on a diet, but just by eating a little less (one potato less, one chicken club instead of two), I slowly lost weight. If you feel that weight is your issue.

However, I think the amount of sugar you put in your diet might be the issue, in the way that it doesn't make you feel good physically. More tired, and bloated and kind of icky? I don't know. When I was younger I used to eat more candy than I do now. If I try to have a binge night where I eat as much candy as I did before I feel stuffed and I get the runs. emo
Well, actually I'm more like 200- ish pounds now. After a couple of hour's sleep I decided to be honest with myself and the others too.
Thanks for the twinkie diet. This sounds good and I'll deff have it in the back of my mind if this diet fails.
It's called loaded gun diet. I spoke to my sister for 2hrs last night and she lost like twenty lbs in two months time but ate just about anything she wanted. I've never talked to her about it because I never needed a diet before. Basically the rules are you eat sweets in the morning, drink a lot of water and exercise a bit. This I can do, as I tend to take the path of less resistance.
And the cardio will help me forget my crappy bf. I hope.
Skyllaeh

However, I think the amount of sugar you put in your diet might be the issue, in the way that it doesn't make you feel good physically. More tired, and bloated and kind of icky? I don't know. When I was younger I used to eat more candy than I do now. If I try to have a binge night where I eat as much candy as I did before I feel stuffed and I get the runs. emo

Omg, you are soo right. Tired and bloated, that is the description of me, like you know me. Thanks Skyllaeh. This probably is the root of all evil. But it is really hard to get rid of it. So I'll take it one step at a time.

Wheezing Plague

Angry Jajagaja
Skyllaeh

Omg, you are soo right. Tired and bloated, that is the description of me, like you know me. Thanks Skyllaeh. This probably is the root of all evil. But it is really hard to get rid of it. So I'll take it one step at a time.

Ohyeah. Getting rid of sugar and sweets is a major pain in the butt. I thought I'd go insane with sugar cravings. I'd fall back and find myself downing a bag of candy while browsing the Internet late at night. Like, while doing homework. A bit of candy as a reward here, or there, eating candy between different essays..

All you can do is keep trying, and slowly try to get rid of it. And one day you'll find yourself trying to down a giant bag of candy and find you get full of sugar before you get halfways.

And honestly. That guy doesn't sound like he was worth it in the long shot if that's the attitude he'll have. If he really was interested for something longer than 7 months he'd have offered to.. I don't know. Something. You'll find a great guy. A guy who'll laugh if he can't stick it in on the first try (not that uncommon) and who'll make fart jokes in bed to break the ice.
You're soo sweet I can eat you. biggrin

Sweets are addictive as cocaine as the guy who created Loaded Gun Diet says. Trying to lose them at once, it's like carrying a loaded gun around, it's bound to fire at some point. I'll take it from there.
About this guy, he meant the world to me. The problem may be that he's intellectually inferior, not in the sense that he wasn't that smart, but he wasn't interested in so many things as I am. I can spend all day searching the web and reading the news and the history articles and everything that can catch my eye. He only cares about the damn online poker and his movies.
But he somehow managed to get under my skin, b*****d.

Fashionable Lunatic

10,500 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
Everything in moderation.
You CAN eat sweets and still lose weight, I am living proof.
Try to eat the best you can, count calories, workout.
Fit a treat into your macro nutrients and don't deprive yourself.
I have a serious weakness for chocolate chip cookies, & you know what?
I eat them.
Just 1 or 2 a day along with fresh vegetables, fruits, whole grains, and lean proteins.
& I've lost over 80 lbs.
If your boyfriend broke up with you solely due to your weight he's a jerk and you can do way better.
I'm sure it hurts, but you deserve someone who values your personality more than your waistline.
I STRONGLY suggest you don't do that twinky diet thing.
Depriving your body of the nutrients it needs is never a good thing.
Angry Jajagaja
Well, actually I'm more like 200- ish pounds now. After a couple of hour's sleep I decided to be honest with myself and the others too.
Thanks for the twinkie diet. This sounds good and I'll deff have it in the back of my mind if this diet fails.
It's called loaded gun diet. I spoke to my sister for 2hrs last night and she lost like twenty lbs in two months time but ate just about anything she wanted. I've never talked to her about it because I never needed a diet before. Basically the rules are you eat sweets in the morning, drink a lot of water and exercise a bit. This I can do, as I tend to take the path of less resistance.
And the cardio will help me forget my crappy bf. I hope.
Hmm.. well crash dieting is always a wonderful way to lose weight and put it all back on shortly there after. Why not just suck it up and be patient and make the changes permanent? Sure you can use a gimmick.. but.. that is not always healthy.
You are both right. I don't want to just yo yo my weight back the next month. And I don't want to give up on my only pleasure right now. So I'll give this gimmick a try. And won't forget to eat healthy stuff either.

Shameless Conversationalist

8,700 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Forum Regular 100
You sound like you have a healthy weight to height ratio going on.

Men are a bit complicated, he is probably ashamed of his own ability to get it right. He is also no doubt ashamed of his Mother. And, for most men (my guy included) the only other women in their life has been their mother's and they constantly bring up comparison of you and them just because you are the same gender, and some traits are identical though it gets no less insulting.
My own Mother struggles with obesity, but she lacks motivation and refuses to try being active and just eating better in general.
Consequently and on a positive note, it taught me to be conscious of what I put in my mouth and to research food. Now, I'm a pollo-pescetarian and start most mornings with a little protein patter of greek yogurt w/chia seeds, an egg, and maybe some cheese. And this curbs hunger, though not cravings. I love chocolate and instead of going batty I will allow myself a piece when the thought appears, I just make sure that the majority of the food I eat otherwise is healthy for me.

If you are serious about losing weight there is a different goal you are overlooking. Why not just aim to get fit? Don't focus on counting calories and weighting chicken breasts, get a gym membership and go nuts. Have fun, go to some classes, swim a few times a week. You'll get hungrier at first and that is fine, (especially if you make healthy smoothies!) But the goal is to get toned and you'll come out looking like a Goddess. Once you get the hang of that the trick is to keep on track with it, a lot of people stop going to the gym because they get sick or have a breakup, and then the extra calories you have been taking in to be active are no longer being used and get stored as fat.

And, once you have started getting fit, staying fit is the easiest part because you have learned control of your body and can be flexible with the intensity of your workouts. And losing weight just takes a few diet tweaks.

So my personal bit, don't blame yourself, try getting fit, later eat healthy.
And when you start implementing diet changes, don't look for anything guaranteed to lose you weight fast. Think that if it is lost in a week, it can be gained in a week, short term weight loss always comes back. Just look for healthier alternatives, essentially lifestyle changes.
Thanks for your support everyone. You are really nice bunch. I don't know if I could tell this to anyone else.
Well, last night I went through my history on chrome and I found his email. I opened it just out of curiosity and a wish to go back to those happy days that are now gone. His username and password were automatically saved.
And then it struck me. I won't go into much details, it's enough to say that he complained to one of his friends, a girl whom I met only once. He was comparing me to a cow, saying that when he's in bed with me he feels like he's with a veal carcass.
God, I wish I knew that only a few months ago.
I'm taking some pills now and off to bed early. Thanks for listening to me everyone. I'll think about the diet tomorrow.

Commander in Chief

Angry Jajagaja
Thanks for your support everyone. You are really nice bunch. I don't know if I could tell this to anyone else.
Well, last night I went through my history on chrome and I found his email. I opened it just out of curiosity and a wish to go back to those happy days that are now gone. His username and password were automatically saved.
And then it struck me. I won't go into much details, it's enough to say that he complained to one of his friends, a girl whom I met only once. He was comparing me to a cow, saying that when he's in bed with me he feels like he's with a veal carcass.
God, I wish I knew that only a few months ago.
I'm taking some pills now and off to bed early. Thanks for listening to me everyone. I'll think about the diet tomorrow.
Today is my birthday and it is also April Fools and it is also a day that is not in March? Let's have cake! Bye bye!
Continue to eat sweets is bad... well for me it is.
Sweets attracts pimples on my face and so I'm forced not to eat them.
I used to be addicted to sweets, then I stopped eating them for a couple of months.
I do have a cheat day, then I realized that if I continue to eat like this *eating sweets*,
then I'll never reach my ultimate goal of "SEXINESS"..

Til this day, I'm still struggling.. but getting better at not eating sweets.

I do, however, eat natural sweets such as fruits and dried fruits.

But everyone's different.. so yea. sweatdrop

Commander in Chief

Sparkle Gems
Continue to eat sweets is bad... well for me it is.
Sweets attracts pimples on my face and so I'm forced not to eat them.
I used to be addicted to sweets, then I stopped eating them for a couple of months.
I do have a cheat day, then I realized that if I continue to eat like this *eating sweets*,
then I'll never reach my ultimate goal of "SEXINESS"..

Til this day, I'm still struggling.. but getting better at not eating sweets.

I do, however, eat natural sweets such as fruits and dried fruits.

But everyone's different.. so yea. sweatdrop

Did you know that my birthday is also the international day of fabulousness and green rabbits? Ok, byebye!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff