Welcome to Gaia! ::

Magnetic Werewolf

9,675 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
So my sister is 3 months pregnant and has been going through a really tough pregnancy. These past few weeks, she has been throwing up daily and refuses to eat nothing but yogurt. I'm really concerned about her and I want to know if any of you know something I can do to help her get the nutrients for her and her baby without throwing it up, at least not as often.

Ribbert9's Husband

Friendly Puppy

9,900 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
Dude isn't that morning sickness?You're gonna have to make her eat whether she likes it or not.I'd say give her some soft foods to eat so she'll be able to stomach it and give her and the baby nutrients and for the love of god DON'T give her foods with too much grease or vinaigrette stuff.It will only make things worse.Try feed her crackers and toasts after a heavy meal so the food will stay down longer.Keep in mind she won't be too cooperative but it's for her own good.Also,try to giving her small amounts of ginger root.Or even do what I do bake homemade ginger bread(not as in men as in actual bread)It's dry and the ginger will help sooth her stomach after a meal..I hope I helped best of luck to both of you! heart heart heart
darknova1111
So my sister is 3 months pregnant and has been going through a really tough pregnancy. These past few weeks, she has been throwing up daily and refuses to eat nothing but yogurt. I'm really concerned about her and I want to know if any of you know something I can do to help her get the nutrients for her and her baby without throwing it up, at least not as often.

When I was pregnant I never really had that problem. Has she gone to her doctor to see if they could prescribe any kind of medication to help with the morning sickness? Other than that I would say maybe try to eat light stuff like bread. Wish I could help more, but I'm at a loss! Hope she feels better soon!
Some tips for her:

In the morning, eat a few crackers and rest for 15 minutes before getting up.
Get up slowly and do not lie down right after eating.
Eat small meals or snacks often so your stomach does not become empty (for example, every two hours). Try not to skip meals.
Eat what you feel like and eat when you are hungry, though you may want to avoid cooking or eating spicy, fatty or fried foods because of the smell.
If cooking smells bother you, open windows and turn on the stove fan. If possible, ask someone else to cook. Eat cold food instead of hot, as it may not smell as strongly.
Sniffing lemons or ginger can sometimes help an upset stomach.
Eating salty potato chips can help settle the stomach enough to eat a meal.

Sip small amounts of fluid often during the day.
Avoid drinking fluids during, just before or immediately after a meal.

Salty: Chips, pretzels
Tart/sweet: Pickles, lemonade
Earthy: Brown rice, mushroom soup, peanut butter
Crunchy: Celery sticks, apple slices, nuts
Bland: Mashed potatoes, gelatin, broth
Soft: Bread, noodles
Sweet: Cake, sugary cereals
Fruity: Watermelon, fruity popsicles
Liquid: Juice, seltzer, sparkling water, ginger ale
Dry: Crackers

Get plenty of rest, and try napping during the day; nausea tends to worsen when you are tired. Many women find they need more sleep in the first three months of pregnancy.
You may need to take some time off work or make other arrangements for household chores and childcare.
Get help and support from friends and family.

Get plenty of fresh air and avoid warm places as feeling hot can add to nausea.
Try acupressure wrist bands.
Acupuncture can help some women. Speak to your health-care professional first and look for an experienced and licensed acupuncturist.
Try ginger, an alternative remedy thought to settle the stomach. Doses of up to
250 mg four times a day appear to be safe.
If multivitamins make your nausea worse, try taking your prenatal vitamins with food or just before bed. There are also pills that are smaller or have lower iron content. If you can’t take any multivitamin, take a folic acid pill (0.4 to 1.0 mg) alone until you feel better.

Dapper Noob

6,225 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • First step to fame 200
Lady Kariel's list is fantastic. Eating a little bit of something all the time and ginger anything is helpful. Ginger Ale made with real ginger, ginger cookies, ginger candy....sucking on a peppermint will aslo help. If it's too bad, the doctor can prescribe an anti-nausea pill

Art Mousie's Senpai

Tiny Tipper

7,975 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Friendly 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
I agree with both Ashhue, and Lady Kariel's statment.

Vitamins don't hurt either.
so try to add them into her diet.
best of wishes.

Hilarious Businesswoman

Lady Kariel has made an excellent list!

Have your sister try eating crackers first thing in the morning as soon as she wakes. Nausea tends to be worse on an empty stomach. I also second sipping ginger ale made with real ginger. This saved my life when I was going through my first trimester.

Another tip is to have your sister try the B.R.A.T diet. Bananas, Rice, Applesauce, Toast. These foods are easily digestible but make sure she eats small amounts at first! This won't cure her sickness but hopefully this won't make her too sick and she will at least be consuming something else other than yoghurt.

Does her prenatal vitamin contain iron? Sometimes iron can trigger morning sickness so she should think about switching, but she should talk to her OB first. Also, your sister should definitely tell her OB about her sickness at her next prenatal visit or just give her OB's office a call if the next visit is too far away. They have medications that help with morning sickness so she won't have to suffer. Best of luck to her.

Magnetic Werewolf

9,675 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
HaineTheStrayDog

foxiekitty2010

Lady Kariel

ashhue

RameboMango

-l-- x i o x i o --l-

I thank you all for your input on helping my sister. I have been working to help my sister get better and for the first time, she didn't throw up yesterday, making me very happy. Thanks so much you guys for everything!!
She needs to eat. Have her try ginger. It helps a lot. That and tonic water. The morning sickness will end.

If she can't eat she needs to go to her OBGYN and make sure she has a healthy pregnancy .

Magnetic Werewolf

9,675 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
K i k i H o r i z o N
She needs to eat. Have her try ginger. It helps a lot. That and tonic water. The morning sickness will end.

If she can't eat she needs to go to her OBGYN and make sure she has a healthy pregnancy .
She went today. She got her ultrasound and got to see her baby. she is really happy and feeling good today.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff