Welcome to Gaia! ::

7,300 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Invisibility 100
Today I learned that I have shoulder subluxation from my doctor. Shoulder subluxation is when your shoulder temporarily and partially dislocates in certain motions, and can be described as joint instability. It is caused (in my case) by stretchy ligaments ("double-jointed" ) and a twist to the arm.

The treatments my doctor issued me was to be seen by a therapist where I will perform exercises to strengthen my shoulder to prevent further injury and stable my shoulder. I have also been seeing a chiropractor for my shoulder and have been doing some rubber band exercises.

Anyways, my question is will I be able to pass MEPS? I have wanted to join the Navy for as long as I remember and I'm really stressed over my situation.

My doctor stated that I should be able to pass MEPS after a few months with a therapist. But, I need assurance or confirmation that I can or cannot pass MEPS- or some advice. I am too hesitant to ask my recruiter because I am worried that I will be instantly disqualified or disregarded. I have also thought about asking an Air Force recruiter before my recruiter.

Thanks for reading my rambling and thank you for any advice!

Divine Zealot

Evarlen
("double-jointed" )

Love that you put this in quotes.

In any case, as for MEPS, this will depend on the progress of your physical therapy. If your doctor says you should be able too, I don't see why not. However, requirements change over time, so it is best to ask anyway, but make sure you get the doctor's A-OK first.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff