Welcome to Gaia! ::

I know a lot of people who have this issue, actually. c: I have it. My sister definitely has it. My mom has it. My best friend Sally has it. My dog Cleveland has it.

Okay, the last two are completely fake. BUT ANYHOW.

Eating foods that are high in magnesium is a natural way to curtail menstrual cramps, and it's tended to work for me. Also, when you're on your period, you should always make sure to eat foods that are high in iron. I remember telling my doctor, "I get this weird craving for red meat. I JUST WANT A BIG, JUICY STEAK. Am I turning into a zombie!? D: Because AAAAH!" But it's actually perfectly normal to feel that way, because you're losing so much iron from blood flow. That being said, eating foods that are high in both iron and magnesium, particularly GREENS (specifically spinach, but broccoli will also do the trick) is an overall good idea. :>

When all else fails, I take a hot shower. I lay down in the bottom of it, and somehow the beads hitting you all over can help distract you from the pain. c:

My sister and I also agree that it helps to lay in bed (there's a lot of shifting until you find a comfortable enough position), and leave the television on so that the noise can distract you. That's also always worked well enough for me.

I Love Lucy is by far the least orthodox treatment... but it's been my savior for yeeeaaars. So if all, all, all else fails, I watch that until I can actually sleep. 8D

Best of luck to you <3. I hope that something in the thread helps you out. :>
Try getting a heating pad for your tummy. Sleep it off

Handsome Shounen

17,150 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
Your case sounds pretty severe. But generally when my first day sucks, the cure is hot tea, soup, IB profin, and sleep.

Rainbow Hunter

10,350 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Mark Twain 100
When I have my period I have terrible pains as well. I bought a heating pad, which I use when it's hurting, just laying it on my stomach.
It helps a lot! smile

Dangerous Friend

10,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Friendly 100
sadly, for everyone who said I should use a heating pad, I am in college and we are not allowed to have them in the dorms. Also, the shower option is out because they are just plain gross... =( hopefully I can see the doctor soon...

Dangerous Friend

10,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Friendly 100
durpz1
Whenever I get bad cramps I put hot water in a water bottle and put it underneath my belly
this is seeming like my best idea right now, so thank you... heart

9,375 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
Ann451
durpz1
Whenever I get bad cramps I put hot water in a water bottle and put it underneath my belly
this is seeming like my best idea right now, so thank you... heart
no problem. Make sure to wrap a small towel that is not too thick so you can still feel the heat and be careful it can be very hot!
Someone told me their cramps went away after they took the morning after pill. Please don't go out and get it for that reason though. I've also heard of plenty of instances where it ******** up some girls' periods.

Malevolent Kitten

22,925 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Nerd 50
A weird thing that helps me is putting biofreeze on my
stomach. Also a warm rice bag (or corn bag or hot water bag) on my stomach. Sometimes advil helps sometimes it doesn't.

Also I take the pill and it helps, but it seems that after a while my body just gets use to it and slowly goes back to crazy painful and evil cramps. I would reccomend looking into some kind of birth control as they seem to be the best way to control a period (ps, with the pill you can skip periods sometimes! )

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff