Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lonely Zealot

10,225 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Sausage Fest 200
Conscious Dreaming is simply the ability to control your dreams, or be more aware of them and just observe. It offers insight into your own mind and perception, giving you a unique view of how you see the world around you. It grants self awareness to those who know how to seek it.
Martial Arts is the practice of disciplining your body, not for fighting or for show, but to gain absolute control over your actions. It has many mediums, including Yoga if you want to be really specific, as well as Tai Chi and various other forms. It grants self control to those who know how to seek it.

My intent, by practicing both at the same time, is enlightenment. First, of myself. Second, of the world around me. I feel it is more important to know myself before I learn about anything else.
Gaining self control and self awareness should, theoretically, allow even more deliberate control of my mind, possibly at a faster pace, or to a greater extent.

I will be using my Journal to document my steps through this journey, so I welcome anyone who is interested to subscribe to my thread and watch my progress.
Before the Journey Begins, please read this post first. Then, feel free to read the rest of these in order.
First Night
Second Night
Third Night
Fourth Night
Fifth Night
Sixth Night
Seventh Night

Here's to an enlightened future.
Good for you. : 3
I'm on a similar path.

My dreams have been conscious since childhood, as it has been an early practice of mine.
I am currently focusing a lot on Vinyasa & Hatha yoga, both for physical reasons but just as much (if not more) for mental and spiritual wellbeing. So far, I am absolutely in love with what I'm doing.

Good luck on your journey.
^^

Lonely Zealot

10,225 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Sausage Fest 200
Nana Dure

Any suggestions for reaching that state? Anything helps, so long as you don't say 'Try it while sleeping'. Haha

Tipsy Exhibitionist

11,150 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Love Machine 150
I've had lucid dreams before. On and off throughout my life, but about a year ago I studied up on it for a minute and started being able to consciously control them on a regular basis.

Lately I haven't felt the urge to do that again though.

Lonely Zealot

10,225 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Sausage Fest 200
Camo Ninja

I have had plenty of lucid dreams, but there is a difference between lucid and conscious.
And why stop? Not like you could run out of things to learn about yourself. lol
Different methods work for different people.

It happens to me almost every night, so I don't really think too much about wanting it to happen, anymore. It just does, now.
But I would say, it happens more frequently when my sleep is very shallow (which it often is). For example if something wakes me up in the morning, and I immediately concentrate on whatever I was dreaming upon waking up and then fall back asleep immediately. That's when I seem to be most aware that I'm dreaming, and most inclined/capable/willing to take full control of what happens in my dreams.

During the night I am most often aware that I'm dreaming, but it's not always I feel the need/want to control anything other than my own actions in the dream. I like to see where "things are going" without forcing them to happen. Seems more natural and enlightening to me, I guess. Like an interesting conversation between subconscious and conscious. If I always force everything to happen the way I want it to, then I don't feel I get to learn anything about the deeper, subconscious levels of myself.

Lonely Zealot

10,225 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Sausage Fest 200
Nana Dure

True, but it is extremely rare for me to remember much beyond the last few moments of a dream.
For instance, I woke up this morning to a dream where I was actively questioning the reality of everything around me. It was when I took notice of an ape nearby that I called bullshit and woke very suddenly.
I am intent on trying everything until I find what works. :3
Well, something else you can try, is keeping a dream diary. Every night before you go to bed, make a conscious pledge to yourself, that you will remember your dreams. First thing in the morning, try remembering what you dreamed and write it down. Do it everyday, also if you can't remember anything, the first couple of times. Eventually you will start remembering things. It's a good practice, IMO.

Also try going back to sleep immediately after waking up, thinking hard about what you dreamed. Might work for you as well. Good luck.

Lonely Zealot

10,225 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Sausage Fest 200
Nana Dure

I am keeping a dream diary, but thank you for the suggestion about making that pledge. Reinforcement can ensure results.
Thank you for the help and the notice. biggrin

Lonely Zealot

10,225 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Sausage Fest 200
This sounds really cool. I am really curious about the dream part, what you say makes me think that I may have done that a few times too. haha I wish you luck on your journey! cat_4laugh

Lonely Zealot

10,225 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Sausage Fest 200
MoeMoePearl
This sounds really cool. I am really curious about the dream part, what you say makes me think that I may have done that a few times too. haha I wish you luck on your journey! cat_4laugh

I welcome you to follow me or join me via my Gaia Journal. :3
Serif Neveah
MoeMoePearl

I welcome you to follow me or join me via my Gaia Journal. :3

I am going to! Thanks! cat_whee

Lonely Zealot

10,225 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Sausage Fest 200

Lonely Zealot

10,225 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Sausage Fest 200