• Gaian 50
  • Sausage Fest 200

Lonely Zealot

10,225 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Sausage Fest 200

Tipsy Regular

Although I find dreams and the subconscious mind very interesting I will always prefer martial arts. It gives me something I can't get from trying to decipher my subconscious. It might be that I'm not trying hard enough or that I've always felt there must be a reason for the subconscious to constantly stay out of reach. Practicing martial arts makes me happy, gives me the control I believe I need and leaves me feeling satisfied and strong.

Good luck! and be happy - that's what's important.

Lonely Zealot

10,225 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Sausage Fest 200
Thelisis

Have you considered that the subconscious is out of reach so that only those with the drive, determination, and strength of will, will be capable of unlocking it?
Food for thought!

Tipsy Regular

Serif Neveah
Thelisis

Have you considered that the subconscious is out of reach so that only those with the drive, determination, and strength of will, will be capable of unlocking it?
Food for thought!

Yes, I have. But I firmly believe that some things should stay undiscovered, and most things will come to you in time. To me, trying to understand my subconscious, feels forced. Our dreams can tell us a lot and I try to understand and accept rather than try to control something that is naturally out of my control. However - I do meditate, so I suppose that is control over the mind and subconscious in some way.

Lonely Zealot

10,225 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Sausage Fest 200
Thelisis

Your dreams are not out of your control, you just lack the awareness to realise you are the orchestrator. Gaining that awareness doesn't take away from the experience, but rather enriches it. Instead of being the passive observer, you can actively watch, or participate, and discover things about yourself you never knew.
It isn't a matter of forcing something, especially starting off. It is simply accepting it and letting it unfold. You don't force that mindframe, you accept that it is there and that you are a part of it.
To each their own though, I just feel like there is more to be gained by reaching out and seizing success than waiting for things to come to light.

Tipsy Regular

Serif Neveah
Thelisis

Your dreams are not out of your control, you just lack the awareness to realise you are the orchestrator. Gaining that awareness doesn't take away from the experience, but rather enriches it. Instead of being the passive observer, you can actively watch, or participate, and discover things about yourself you never knew.
It isn't a matter of forcing something, especially starting off. It is simply accepting it and letting it unfold. You don't force that mindframe, you accept that it is there and that you are a part of it.
To each their own though, I just feel like there is more to be gained by reaching out and seizing success than waiting for things to come to light.

Ah, I can understand that and it seems interesting. If you feel like there is something to gain from this then you are right to be doing it.

Lonely Zealot

10,225 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Sausage Fest 200
Thelisis

I have found that the best way to do anything is deliberately, passionately, and with reckless abandon.
If you don't truly want it, it won't be yours.
If you don't care for it, it will leave you.
And if it doesn't hurt, you aren't doing it right.
biggrin

Lonely Zealot

10,225 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Sausage Fest 200

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers