Welcome to Gaia! ::

Death Before Dish0nor

Awe, well Thank you- I really appreciate that. Almond meal huh? I'll have to look into that sometime. Ah, no worries- the occasional allowance of wheat is absolutely understandable.

Props to your mom! When you say sugar though..is it processed/refined sugar that she's treating herself with or the natural sugars found in fruits- for example? Nevertheless, I'm very happy to hear that she's gotten out of depression as well as medications! Good for her : )
But I have to also agree with her on the diet aspect of it. My belly bloat is gone- save for right after I eat a healthy meal but once that's digested and discarded, my belly is flat. Especially compared to last month when I DID eat processed carbs in the form of the list mentioned above.

So yeah, I definitely agree that there's something in that research that suggests some benefits when it comes to eliminating/cutting back on processed carbs.

She will occasionally allow sweets, like an 80% coca chocolate she likes, but I meant more in the way of treating herself with fruits. She likes strawberries with whole cream poured over them or apples with a bit of yogurt after dinner sometimes.

Since I've started reducing refined carbs, and upping natural fat, the scores for my physical training tests have improved greatly. I can run longer, and faster, and I feel better during and after exercise. I couldn't find any clinical studies on it with the resources I have on it, but I do wonder if such a lifestyle actually directly improves our performance.

Friendly Citizen

lCENSOREDI
She will occasionally allow sweets, like an 80% coca chocolate she likes, but I meant more in the way of treating herself with fruits. She likes strawberries with whole cream poured over them or apples with a bit of yogurt after dinner sometimes.

Since I've started reducing refined carbs, and upping natural fat, the scores for my physical training tests have improved greatly. I can run longer, and faster, and I feel better during and after exercise. I couldn't find any clinical studies on it with the resources I have on it, but I do wonder if such a lifestyle actually directly improves our performance.

I, too, will eat an organic chocolate bar on sparing occasion. sweatdrop Ah, well that's awesome! I'm actually considering using her snack combinations to incorporate into my daily meals.

Very nice, indeed! Congratulations on your success with that : )
I know this may seem a rather stupid/ignorant question..but which foods contain natural fat as I'd like to experiment for a week or two and see if the change will help increase my endurance and speed. I personally eat organic peanutbutter and the only ingredient is organic roasted peanuts with no preserves, artificial flavor/coloring, added sugar, added sodium, etc.
Death Before Dish0nor

I, too, will eat an organic chocolate bar on sparing occasion. sweatdrop Ah, well that's awesome! I'm actually considering using her snack combinations to incorporate into my daily meals.

Very nice, indeed! Congratulations on your success with that : )
I know this may seem a rather stupid/ignorant question..but which foods contain natural fat as I'd like to experiment for a week or two and see if the change will help increase my endurance and speed. I personally eat organic peanutbutter and the only ingredient is organic roasted peanuts with no preserves, artificial flavor/coloring, added sugar, added sodium, etc.
Not at all a stupid question. Any whole foods that have fat will have natural fats. Most natural fats are saturated, so on a nutrition label, saturated fat is more likely to be a natural fat. There are unsaturated fats, like olive oil, that are also natural.

Butter, coconut oil, and lard are natural fats, but all of these can contain additives, so check the ingredients lists. I tend to use butter for most things, although coconut oil adds a nice flavor to certain foods. I'm not even sure where one would buy lard, but if you would like to try it for any reason, make sure it's nothing but rendered pork fat.

Your peanut butter sounds great--I don't like peanut butter myself but I eat peanuts all the time.

Fashionable Gaian

15,350 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Consumer 100
MaxKon
Sweet Murderer

It still doesn't make it necessary, if you knew basic chemistry you would know that the body can produce glycogen from meat etc. which makes it in fact, unnecessary.
Energy is energy - none is better than the other.

OP never said that it is necessary to consume carbs, only that it is unnecessary to avoid them completely. Two completely different points.

The OP has a tendency to change and edit the things she says in her post.
So yes she did say it was necessary when I talked to her.
I found it very amusing.

Anxious Human

Taken in moderation, EVERYTHING can be good for you in some way or another.
Except rocks. Don't eat rocks. rofl

Fashionable Gaian

15,350 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Consumer 100
And now - as a final post in this thread - here are only some of the references for food recommendations in Sweden, in english:

http://www.slv.se/upload/dokument/rapporter/mat_naring/Report_20_2005_SNO_eng.pdf

Unfortunately, the new one hasn't been finished yet this year.
Ah - it actually feels like I've contributed with something now.
Sweet Murderer
MaxKon
Sweet Murderer

It still doesn't make it necessary, if you knew basic chemistry you would know that the body can produce glycogen from meat etc. which makes it in fact, unnecessary.
Energy is energy - none is better than the other.

OP never said that it is necessary to consume carbs, only that it is unnecessary to avoid them completely. Two completely different points.

The OP has a tendency to change and edit the things she says in her post.
So yes she did say it was necessary when I talked to her.
I found it very amusing.
I only edited the bold part in the first post. Nothing else has been changed.
Sweet Murderer
And now - as a final post in this thread - here are only some of the references for food recommendations in Sweden, in english:

http://www.slv.se/upload/dokument/rapporter/mat_naring/Report_20_2005_SNO_eng.pdf

Unfortunately, the new one hasn't been finished yet this year.
Ah - it actually feels like I've contributed with something now.
I've skimmed through it, but I have somewhere to be. Thank you for providing this, though (that isn't intended as sarcasm), I look forward to reading it.
Bellyaches Method
The point being that the common public opinion on eliminating saturated fats is flawed.

I have to say, sometimes the rock craving is just too much for me to handle. Sometimes I... I just have to give in. emo

Anxious Human

lCENSOREDI
Bellyaches Method
The point being that the common public opinion on eliminating saturated fats is flawed.

I have to say, sometimes the rock craving is just too much for me to handle. Sometimes I... I just have to give in. emo
It's ok! We all fall off the bandwagon sometimes! Just know there's hope, and I'll be here to support you! *inspirational music in the background* xd

Devout Lover

14,600 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Tycoon 200
Bellyaches Method
lCENSOREDI
Bellyaches Method

It's ok! We all fall off the bandwagon sometimes! Just know there's hope, and I'll be here to support you! *inspirational music in the background* xd

Most people eat rocks with every meal...

Salt is a rock. Baking soda is a rock. The iron in meat was a rock that was broken down by some plants and then digested and used by animals.

Anxious Human

MaxKon
Bellyaches Method
lCENSOREDI
Bellyaches Method

Salt is a rock. Baking soda is a rock. The iron in meat was a rock that was broken down by some plants and then digested and used by animals.
... When you put it that way... *considers becoming a vegetarian a bit more seriously*
Though I personally try to stay away from too much salt. Don't like salty things anyway, so it's not that hard. Didn't know baking soda was a rock though. That's interesting. I'm a cook, I should know these things.

Devout Lover

14,600 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Tycoon 200
Bellyaches Method
MaxKon
Bellyaches Method
lCENSOREDI
Bellyaches Method

... When you put it that way... *considers becoming a vegetarian a bit more seriously*
Though I personally try to stay away from too much salt. Don't like salty things anyway, so it's not that hard. Didn't know baking soda was a rock though. That's interesting. I'm a cook, I should know these things.
Yeah, it is called trona. The biggest deposit in the world is in Wyoming, and the county where I went to college was named after it, Natrona.
I wasn't meaning to make iron sound bad, I like understanding the process so it never puts me off anything. well as long as it's a natural process.
MaxKon
Yeah, it is called trona. The biggest deposit in the world is in Wyoming, and the county where I went to college was named after it, Natrona.
I wasn't meaning to make iron sound bad, I like understanding the process so it never puts me off anything. well as long as it's a natural process.
I also didn't know baking soda was a rock. You learn something new everyday I suppose. c:
It makes me curious as to why it's such a good leavening agent though.

Toothsome Fairy

Great sense of humor!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas