Welcome to Gaia! ::

Tipsy Lunatic

9,650 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Contributor 150
Would eating 2-4 eggs for breakfast be any better than having a bowl of cereal?? I'm looking at the nutrient info and it is has a good amount of protein but also a really good amount of fat. In 4 eggs there's about 400 calories, 30 grams of fat, but only 4 carbs and there's 26 grams of protein.

Of course if I cut it down to only two eggs it would be 200 calories, 15 grams of fat, 2 carbs, and 13 grams of protein.

In two servings of honey nut cheerios there's about 220 calories plus i think like 40 calories for milk. 1.5 grams of fat and 22 carbs. But there's only 2 grams of protein.

boybaka's Significant Otter

High-functioning Bookworm

19,400 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Sausage Fest 200
Eggs are pretty good for you since they have more good fats than bad fats. They have tons of vitamins and omega 3's. If you're really concerned about avoiding the fat and getting the protein, though, you could just eat the whites, but you'd be cutting out a lot of the other nutritional benefits. I think there are only 75 calories in a large egg when you hard boil it instead of frying it, so that could be another option for cutting down on calories.

Vector Theta's Husbando

Mega Man-Lover

Yeah, cereal generally isn't very filling so eggs aren't a bad choice.

However, I usually hear people screeching about the cholesterol and arguing over whether it's good or bad for you. Personally, I would have two whole eggs and two whites to appease the Screechy Nutrition Gods.

Divine Zealot

shefampyr
Would eating 2-4 eggs for breakfast be any better than having a bowl of cereal?? I'm looking at the nutrient info and it is has a good amount of protein but also a really good amount of fat. In 4 eggs there's about 400 calories, 30 grams of fat, but only 4 carbs and there's 26 grams of protein.

Of course if I cut it down to only two eggs it would be 200 calories, 15 grams of fat, 2 carbs, and 13 grams of protein.

In two servings of honey nut cheerios there's about 220 calories plus i think like 40 calories for milk. 1.5 grams of fat and 22 carbs. But there's only 2 grams of protein.

Personally, I'd go for the eggs. Don't worry about the fat content unless you're cutting, in which case you'd be eating these on rest days anyway.
Eggs contain good cholesterol and fat. You could eat a dozen of those a day with the only downside being the calorie count.

Newbie Hunter

Eggs. Cereal is mostly starch. And all the 'vitamins' in it are added. The eggs will sustain you more.

Benevolent Dabbler

I prefer a big fruit smoothie for my breakfast.
I like to have a couple of eggs with a little cheese sprinkled in, not a ton but like a pinch just to give it a little something extra. I will eat it with something else tho too like fruit, or a slice of toast with some peanut butter on it.

When I do have cereal for breakfast I try not to eat the sugary kinds of cereal. I might have something like regular Cheerios with a banana sliced in it and instead of milk I have it with plain Greek yogurt so its more like a parfait.

There is nothing that says you HAVE to have just one thing at breakfast, eggs or cereal, you can mix things up a bit and have fun. I have decided that being healthy and making healthier choices doesn't need to mean my food has to be boring. I try to have some fun with it. 3nodding

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff