Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fashionable Smoker

basselope7
Plastic Disease
Sweat does have a distinct odor, but it shouldnt be a very foul one. I believe you might have a fungal infection/overgrowth of the usual bacteria underneath your arms? Besides smell, what else are you experiencing? Any redness, itchiness, swelling under your arms? Diabetic? Any condition affecting your white blood cell count? Are you on any certain medications? Antibiotics?
Your best bet is to go see a doctor.
No redness, itchiness, or swelling; not diabetic; white blood cell count is normal; I'm on psych meds but have been since I was 6; and not on antibiotics.

I did recently start taking vitamin supplements; could that be the problem? surprised

May I ask what medication?

Naughty Nerd

41,625 Points
  • Miasmal Lake Defender 250
  • Miasmal Lake Champion 500
  • Jump Start Boot 100
Plastic Disease
basselope7
Plastic Disease
Sweat does have a distinct odor, but it shouldnt be a very foul one. I believe you might have a fungal infection/overgrowth of the usual bacteria underneath your arms? Besides smell, what else are you experiencing? Any redness, itchiness, swelling under your arms? Diabetic? Any condition affecting your white blood cell count? Are you on any certain medications? Antibiotics?
No redness, itchiness, or swelling; not diabetic; white blood cell count is normal; I'm on psych meds but have been since I was 6; and not on antibiotics.

I did recently start taking vitamin supplements; could that be the problem? surprised

Well, it's all psych meds, I've been taking them for quite a while, even though I've changed up the kinds many, many times over the years. The last med change I had took place a couple of months ago so I don't think this is related to any of them.

I'm not sure this will be of any use to you, but if you want to know:

Risperdal (which we're trying to wean me off of)
Trileptal
Abilify (the most recent one added; since a couple of months ago)
Celexa
Vyvanse

Fashionable Smoker

basselope7
Plastic Disease
basselope7
Plastic Disease

Well, it's all psych meds, I've been taking them for quite a while, even though I've changed up the kinds many, many times over the years. The last med change I had took place a couple of months ago so I don't think this is related to any of them.

I'm not sure this will be of any use to you, but if you want to know:

Risperdal (which we're trying to wean me off of)
Trileptal
Abilify (the most recent one added; since a couple of months ago)
Celexa
Vyvanse

I'm a nursing student and i need to be familiar with many drugs, side effects, etc. I know a common side effect of celexa is sweating. Your condition may be cause by a factor of many things. You just need to find out what they are and hopefully solve the problem.
Like others have mentioned, try going to the doctor. Since you don't have time before Comic Con, just make sure you bring deodorant with you!!

I've noticed the older I get, the more "stinky" I get also. Deodorant doesn't seem to last as long on me anymore and I find myself re-applying it a couple times a day.

I'm not sure if maybe people can become immune to a certain type of deodorant? Have you tried switching brands? I have used the same brand for as long as I can remember, same scent, so perhaps it's like a lot of beauty products where you need to sometimes switch them around to make sure they're still working correctly, like with shampoo.

Hope you figure it out! And don't be ashamed, it's not your fault you can't control your body. As long as you're living a healthy lifestyle and keeping up your hygiene, it's obviously something going on with your hormones or maybe pH.
does the rest of your body sweat a lot?

im not a doctor though, so i can't give medical advice.

Bloodthirsty Vampire

10,825 Points
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
  • Elysium's Hero 500
  • Vicious Spirit 250
Sounds like its a fungal issue. It is common in MANy overweight people as well. The doc will help you out with antibiotics and lotions/ ointment to dry out the areas. If its a moist area and its warm its like breeding ground for fungus. You do want to get it taken care of. Years of untreated fungal infections can then get worse and spread or even worsen into staff infections.

Sexy Turtle

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I used to have that, just like you. Until I found out that things I use was so full of CHEMICALS!

So I decided to use Purely Organic, non-chemical things include shampoo/soaps, it worked after a month of use!

I now treat my body like it is valued and reduced 85% of use chemicals to only 15% and I love the results Im getting after using them for 2 years and counting.

Expensive, yes but WORTH it.User Image

boybaka's Significant Otter

High-functioning Bookworm

19,400 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Sausage Fest 200
Certain Dri might help some, and if it's a bacterial infection, rubbing alcohol or tea tree oil can help to kill some of the bacteria. You might try getting a little travel sized bottle of an alcohol-based perfume (maybe like the bath and body works ones?) so that you can squirt that on your armpits whenever you use that restroom at the con. The alcohol will help keep the bacteria down and a chemically-based scent will fade quickly and be unlikely to provoke any fellow attendees' allergies.

8,325 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Friendly 100
Have you taken any new medication? Been stressed a lot? Are you on your period or about to get it?

I've noticed the same problem with myself, before..

Especially during a period, after I've worked out hard, and right after I had surgery and took some weird pills.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff