Welcome to Gaia! ::

7,150 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Generous 100
wahmbulance This is a personal journal, tracking my progress and hopefully will keep me motivated. Please no haters! wahmbulance emo

Okay, here it goes... When I was little I was underweight. I hated salads and eating in general...I used to trow away my food when no one was looking and claimed to have eaten. Now I believe I have had anorexia(and no, I don't mean the anorexia nevrosa, just the disease connected to lack of appetite). Anyway, two years ago I guess my hormones went right and I not only grew several inches taller(reaching a desired height of 171cm) but also gained a bit of weight, becoming a perfect 53-55kg. The problem started when I finished school and moved to the UK to study (that was 7 months ago). Because of the stress changing countries and haven been given the freedom to make all decisions by myself I started to become extremely unhealthy! All the food I wanted to try- London can offer anything from Chinese to Russian food <3...Long story short- I gained around 10 kg (22 pounds). I don't want to be unhealthy anymore- I feel heavy and bloated, tired and gloomy! Also I will be going back home soon and I will be totally embarrassed of all my friends and relatives- I just realized I had violated my body in such an awful way- stuffing it with so much junk!

So, the plan now is first to change my eating habits back to normal as well as increasing my activity levels. The first I will try to achieve by using Dukan's diet. I basically know what I should do even without following any diet but I love the feeling of being organized and following a specific schedule.

As for the exercising...I'm so much out of shape I have to start at level basic- like the 10 week jogging plan (it's so lucky there is a forest nearby ^w^). Also, I decided to save up money for a bike (that will help my travel costs, too heart ).

7,150 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Generous 100
heart The GOAL heart

I don't want crashing, fast results. I just want to become healthy and keep the weight off...FOREVER! Therefore...my set date to become my perfect 51-53kg is my next birthday- 11.12.2012, when I turn 20 sweatdrop . I have around 8 months- plenty of time whee

Progress: 0/10kg lost

7,150 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Generous 100
yum_puddi The Motivation yum_puddi

It's pretty simple, really- I love my clothes...and now they don't fit me crying redface Also, it feels sooooo much better to fit in you fav really old jeans rather than buy a new pair...Figures! Not to mention- I've been skinny all my life. I just can't hate myself so much to let myself become unhealthy and fat.

So from this:
User Image

I need to get 10kg lighter back to this(10 months earlier):
User Image

7,150 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Generous 100
So...Now I'll go to bed early (because I love the feeling waking up early feels- too bad I've ditched it some time ago)...and I'll get a review of my day tomorrow emotion_yatta

7,150 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Generous 100
Officially stating: It's 10:31PM and I'm heading to bed...with a headache =.='

Witty Genius

9,600 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Consumer 100
  • Contributor 150
Good luck! You can do it!! ^_^ If you need motivation, come to me. C:

7,150 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Generous 100
Thanks, Casey! ^3^ Now I'll drink some green tea (detox and all) and go to work. The good thing is we'll have a huge delivery today so I'll be too busy to even think about food smile

7,150 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Generous 100
Day No.1 Challenge- Don't scrutinize yourself in the mirror for 10 days in a row.

7,150 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Generous 100
Bah...Want ....carrot....cake x_______x
I really couldn't stress the benefit a bit of aerobic exercise has on not only weight loss but general health. I like going on daily night runs lasting about half an hour to an hour, it's actually become a bit of a habit - but I understand why you wouldn't do that...with it being London and all! :/

How are you finding uni life in London? Couldn't have picked a worse place when it comes to living costs...

7,150 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Generous 100
MegaTurkey
I really couldn't stress the benefit a bit of aerobic exercise has on not only weight loss but general health. I like going on daily night runs lasting about half an hour to an hour, it's actually become a bit of a habit - but I understand why you wouldn't do that...with it being London and all! :/

How are you finding uni life in London? Couldn't have picked a worse place when it comes to living costs...

I really want to start running >.< ...but after I lose at least a kilo or two after detox- I just feel like my fat is preventing me from moving.

Also, yes it's quite expensive, but it also has more opportunities and higher paying rate. I, for instance, plan to save up money all summer and am quite confident I can do that. I absolutely love the life in London, tho- it's so vibrant and fast-paced! And all the people you meet!!!

Where are you from?
From the UK. mrgreen I actually avoided applying to the London Unis - I wanted a campus! And I didn't want to go to Queen Mary's...

And please tell me you're not buying anything to help with the "detox!" D:

7,150 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Generous 100
MegaTurkey
From the UK. mrgreen

And please tell me you're not buying anything to help with the "detox!" D:

Nah. Just pure green tea smile - a LOT of it...Good thing I just love tea...I'm a tea person. Where in the UK(if not a secret)? To be honest, you are only the second person on Gaia I've met from the UK biggrin
Haha my life story's a long one... born in London, then moved to: Belfast, Glasgow, Vancouver, Edinburgh, Manchester (two different places) and now, Birmingham.

How about you?

7,150 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Generous 100
There is nothing bad in London's uni's! Though if I could afford it I would have gone to a secluded castle-like university biggrin

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff