Welcome to Gaia! ::

Did you use Glade in your house around the time you developed the allergies?

In October, my workplace started spraying that stuff. I would get exposed to it 3 times a week.
By December, I noticed every time I went out for frozen yogurt I would get really, really itchy. I thought it was just that place(it was a Menchie's) that I couldn't eat.
But this happened once at home as well. (i had eaten cashews, and fish, but I thought I was having a reaction to my dish soap)
Then one time I was out at a tea store, and I got coconut tea, and it happened then.
Allergy test showed nut allergy at end of January.

In February, they finally stopped spraying that awful stuff.
It's been a month and my weird sudden allergy seems to be dissipating.
I'm thinking the chemical in that product caused it. It was the only change in my lifestyle.

Questionable Prophet

11,950 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
I'm allergic to peanuts and have a Glade plug-in in my bathroom.

I started getting sick from peanuts when I was around 7. It started with nausea, then throwing up and being itchy/hives. It really doesn't seem to be related to anything other than just. well, peanuts.

Feral Gekko

8,125 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
If you have always been allergic to peanuts, you will always be allergic to peanuts.

Yes, some chemicals can cause allergies to occur. It the environment that causes most allergies. A workmate of mine, his wife used to live off of almonds. One day she ended up being sent to the emergency room. She had almonds and her throat closed up and her face started swelling and she broke out in hives. She grew up on the stuff. She lived somewhere there were few pollutants around. Almost the back country. She moved to the city and her allergies developed.

Someone once told me that there are only two things that are real allergies. Peanuts and Bee stings. There rest are all just environmental wonders of city life. I believe it. I go out and spend weeks in the country, all my allergies disappear. Come back home, they are all back in full force.
Kalhan Amnell
If you have always been allergic to peanuts, you will always be allergic to peanuts.

Yes, some chemicals can cause allergies to occur. It the environment that causes most allergies. A workmate of mine, his wife used to live off of almonds. One day she ended up being sent to the emergency room. She had almonds and her throat closed up and her face started swelling and she broke out in hives. She grew up on the stuff. She lived somewhere there were few pollutants around. Almost the back country. She moved to the city and her allergies developed.

Someone once told me that there are only two things that are real allergies. Peanuts and Bee stings. There rest are all just environmental wonders of city life. I believe it. I go out and spend weeks in the country, all my allergies disappear. Come back home, they are all back in full force.

I wasn't allergic to them in September.

Also, for that bee sting peanut thing, I'm pretty sure lobster is the most common death allergy.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff