Welcome to Gaia! ::

i started this thread a few days ago and did receive cheer-ups from fellow gaians. however, i found some more frightening infos on net making me concerned about havin braces. thus i edited my description a bit.
hi
i'm a southeast asian and 18. i have very large open bite teeth as i can put a chocolate-coated sticks into my mouth without a problem. i went to the dentist and he said i have to wear the braces for about a year or a year and half and have to pull 4 teeth off. (2 up, 2 down) this gets my nerves coz even though i'm 18, i'm still crying whenever i get shot and always take medicines no matter how much i have to rather than a single shot. plus, i think i have a bit of panic attack. so is that procedure painful? when i search on net, they all say it's a little painful but it's ok and blah blah blah. i want to know about the needle thing mainly. apart from being openbites, my teeth have very strong figure; they are quite healthy, systematic and strong. however, from the time i got my permanent teeth, i have been the clown of the class. people usually attacked me by using my teeth figure and some of them even included teachers. and now, they are also talking about teeth resorption. they say that people with open bite teeth are the highest among the victims of teeth resorption after having braces.
i don't know which one to choose right now. one side, my needle phobia and root resorption, and on the other side, my childhood nightmare about these teeth. mom said my deadline of decision is the first week of march
plz gaians, help me, no suger-coateds, just the truth, coz i really need it
Jac

Shameless Visionary

19,000 Points
  • Master Medic 150
  • Cool Competitor 150
  • Never Give Up 35
If your dentist is a good anesthetist, it won't be unbearable. Call up the dentist and ask questions, though. What exactly do they use for an anesthetic? Do you have the option of being awake or completely knocked out? (Obviously, if you're knocked out, you won't feel a thing.)

Will the dentist give you a prescription for painkillers afterwards? You''ll need something for the first couple of days. And your jaw will be sore for a bit.

If they want to extract teeth, you probably just have more teeth than will fit in your jaw. It's common. I had the same problem, and I've had all four of my wisdom teeth removed. The reason for doing this is so that your remaining teeth meet each other in a way that doesn't result in your tooth surfaces wearing down or wearing badly over the span of your life.

I must say it made my life easier.
Great Lakes haze

thanks, it makes me a bit ok n gives me a little courage. guess i have to make em grow 2 get stuck by the needles lol ^^ again, really really thanks for help lol

Fashionable Noob

6,950 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Forum Regular 100
I had to have seven teeth pulled for my braces ordeal...and it was really intense. But yeah, a great dentist will make sure you don't feel anything. :] You will be alright!!! It is a little scary, but it was so worth it, ten years later. And you get to stay home and eat yummy soup and chillax, heehee.
Cibarious
I had to have seven teeth pulled for my braces ordeal...and it was really intense. But yeah, a great dentist will make sure you don't feel anything. :] You will be alright!!! It is a little scary, but it was so worth it, ten years later. And you get to stay home and eat yummy soup and chillax, heehee.

7 teeth?! ur so brave! i've been thinking and crying just for about four teeth. shame on myself. dad keeps saying having buck teeth is not a problem yet mom says she'll let me do it if i want to but never say that again after march 1.

Wheezing Fatcat

No worries. I had 8 teeth out when I got braces (all of my molars.) I was given an injection of anaesthetic in my gums which didn't hurt that badly - just a strong pinch. Then they gave me gas so I was knocked out for most of it. The procedure didn't hurt and there wasn't any pain where I had the teeth pulled, but you do have to eat soft foods that aren't very hot or very cold for a few days.

Shameless Visionary

19,000 Points
  • Master Medic 150
  • Cool Competitor 150
  • Never Give Up 35
Jac Blackerwine
Great Lakes haze

thanks, it makes me a bit ok n gives me a little courage. guess i have to make em grow 2 get stuck by the needles lol ^^ again, really really thanks for help lol

You're welcome. Good luck with that!
Don't worry, I had to go through this also. 4 teeth and wisdom were pulled out for my braces. But straight teeth look awesome. No need to worry. Keep in mind I also had to remove extra 6 teeth for I had too much in my mouth. burning_eyes
Android Xenon
Don't worry, I had to go through this also. 4 teeth and wisdom were pulled out for my braces. But straight teeth look awesome. No need to worry. Keep in mind I also had to remove extra 6 teeth for I had too much in my mouth. burning_eyes

thanks. this makes me feel relaxed knowin mine's only four. and began to feel like i'm not alone ^^
Jac Blackerwine
Android Xenon

thanks. this makes me feel relaxed knowin mine's only four. and began to feel like i'm not alone ^^

No problem. 12 teeth total were removed from my mouth.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff