Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gracious Receiver

7,150 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Neuron structure and chemical reactions in the brain can affect behaviour and vice versa. As boring and technical as it may be, it is an important aspect of psychology.

Enduring Phantom

Because the brain IS the mind. neutral Are you sure you should be in psychology?

Time-traveling Marshmallow

32,700 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • NPCon Attendee 100
  • Beta Gaian 0
ragnaroknroll
Because the brain IS the mind. neutral Are you sure you should be in psychology?

i am only having to take this class for my apparel design and merchandising major. basically, the only time in the real world i will use psychology is to make something "pretty" and entice people to purchase from me. to me, that is more of "common sense" than having to dive deep down into one's uh... you know. thinking and such. sweatdrop

so nope. don't plan on being a psy major. hoping i pass with a C if possible.

Enduring Phantom

scullylam
ragnaroknroll

i am only having to take this class for my apparel design and merchandising major. basically, the only time in the real world i will use psychology is to make something "pretty" and entice people to purchase from me. to me, that is more of "common sense" than having to dive deep down into one's uh... you know. thinking and such. sweatdrop

Well I have my AA in Psych, and working towards a BA, and I can tell you right now...you won't be learning about how to entice people to purchase from you or how to dive deep into other's minds emotion_sweatdrop It will be all research and theory.

I think you'll do just fine though. Lots of memorization. emotion_bigheart

32,700 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • NPCon Attendee 100
  • Beta Gaian 0
ragnaroknroll
scullylam
ragnaroknroll

Well I have my AA in Psych, and working towards a BA, and I can tell you right now...you won't be learning about how to entice people to purchase from you or how to dive deep into other's minds emotion_sweatdrop It will be all research and theory.

I think you'll do just fine though. Lots of memorization. emotion_bigheart

thanks for the info. emotion_hug for some reason, the school thinks this class, economics, and chemistry should be for the major. i guess it makes sense. sweatdrop and yes, lots to memorize. kinda scary but, i believe your words. i'll try my best.

Sweet Glitch

In fact, besides of the understanding the human behaviour, learning techniques and the brain composition.
Psychology, is included inside every career requirement (with exclusion of some) because you will need the basic knowledge to understand further classes even though they won't mention it, you will recall and will be more easy to problem solve or understand humanities topics.

As example the classes I did had in the Uni:

Psychology
(Not a requirement but the below had topics of the above that would have been troublesome with previous learning)

Management > Macroeconomy
v
Management II>Leadership
v (5 classes later)
Marketing >E-commerce (creation of sites to be successful online according to costumer preferences, how to sell online, security) >Marketing II> Specialization.
v (25 classes later)
Project management and directive behaviour
v
Ethics (basic one, but it does has a lot of content related to psychology
v
and many more...

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

13,250 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Jack-pot 100
scullylam
i was going to post in cb but this might fit here instead, or i there was a back to school forum.

so, i am taking an intro to paychology class and i am wondering, why am i suppose to read and learn all this stuff about the brain? why is this so important? why do i need to know all these terms about neurons and such? isn't psy about behavior and mind? why we focusing on terminology and things that is more for the real scientists side????

okay maybe i am ranting but i don't get it. :/

(the class book is 5th edition by james nairne. if anyone has that version and knows what i'm talking about.)

note; posted on iphone. derp spelling. sorry

before you learn a language, you need to know the alphabet
before you learn human behavior, you need to know the human mind

32,700 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • NPCon Attendee 100
  • Beta Gaian 0
nanieru
In fact, besides of the understanding the human behaviour, learning techniques and the brain composition.
Psychology, is included inside every career requirement (with exclusion of some) because you will need the basic knowledge to understand further classes even though they won't mention it, you will recall and will be more easy to problem solve or understand humanities topics.

As example the classes I did had in the Uni:

Psychology
(Not a requirement but the below had topics of the above that would have been troublesome with previous learning)

Management > Macroeconomy
v
Management II>Leadership
v (5 classes later)
Marketing >E-commerce (creation of sites to be successful online according to costumer preferences, how to sell online, security) >Marketing II> Specialization.
v (25 classes later)
Project management and directive behaviour
v
Ethics (basic one, but it does has a lot of content related to psychology
v
and many more...

i'm in microeconomics right now.

and with psy, we're talking about the life cycle of a human. just, some things that been mentioned like, seizures and such, i seen with my own eyes. so... flashbacks to old events. (wasn't me that had seizure, was a friend that did ^^;;; )

Sweet Glitch

scullylam

and with psy, we're talking about the life cycle of a human. just, some things that been mentioned like, seizures and such, i seen with my own eyes. so... flashbacks to old events. (wasn't me that had seizure, was a friend that did ^^;;; )

That certainly is the cute class for the basics wait for macro...you will want to head desk in some occasions.
Now, that is the boring topic in my opinion the best thing will begin when it start to talk about psy biographies and their discoveries as well the many ways you can grab info from others and techniques to learn.

32,700 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • NPCon Attendee 100
  • Beta Gaian 0
nanieru
scullylam

That certainly is the cute class for the basics wait for macro...you will want to head desk in some occasions.
Now, that is the boring topic in my opinion the best thing will begin when it start to talk about psy biographies and their discoveries as well the many ways you can grab info from others and techniques to learn.

ah well lucky for me i won't have to take macro and no more psychology after this. but i will have to do chemistry and then whatever "family" related classes left and all the apparel stuff.

Kawaii Lover

17,950 Points
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
  • Battle: Defender 100
  • Trick or Treat 100
Mooby the Golden Sock
heart

Sweet Glitch

scullylam

ah well lucky for me i won't have to take macro and no more psychology after this. but i will have to do chemistry and then whatever "family" related classes left and all the apparel stuff.

Eww on chemistry, haha.
But what career did you pick, Scully?

32,700 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • NPCon Attendee 100
  • Beta Gaian 0
nanieru
scullylam

Eww on chemistry, haha.
But what career did you pick, Scully?

fashion design. major is apparel design and merchandising but it pretty much is fashion design.

Sweet Glitch

scullylam

fashion design. major is apparel design and merchandising but it pretty much is fashion design.

emotion_kirakira emotion_bigheart Meaning that you will be able to create, run and close runways, design outfits, shoes and stuff?

Anxious Gaian

10,875 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
I'm taking intro to psychology too and I have no clue. I couldn't give less of a s**t, either. I just needed this class to fill my general requirements.
Mmm can't wait for genetics next semester though smile

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces