Welcome to Gaia! ::

Profitable Sex Symbol

I posted a thread here a month ago and so i was 210 lbs when i was 2nd year and when i was on 4th year i was 184 lbs and when i was on 2nd semester of college i was 68 kilo and last time i weighed when i was weighed so i can get my drivers exam i was 70 kg so i was quite disappointed because i gained 2 kilos so I want to lose weight but then it was time for the final terms and i was so stressed about it that i didn't notice and i gained 5 more kilos WTF!!!

and now I need to lose weight so i can be fit and be more healthy!

So i was searching the net and found the cabbage soup recipe they say that i can lose as much as 10lbs in a week so i want to try this out

and guys i need some suggestion in excercises and diet tips i want to be healthy and fit im sick of this filthy body of mine :C im a male btw

Friendly Citizen

Alright so first things first- Kudos to you for wanting to change your fitness lifestyle and eating lifestyle for the better. I say lifestyle because this is not a 30 day/4month/2years diet. This is literally for life..otherwise, what's the point right?
Overall though, props for taking the initiative to get healthy again as I know that college can be quite stressful especially when near exam time.

1st and foremost: If you haven't previously done so already, I highly suggest to calculate [online calculator-rough estimators]
your BMI and find your maintenance calories. Maintenance calories is the amount of calories needed to maintain your weight. So for example, if you need to eat 1500 calories to maintain your weight- Try dropping it to no less than 1200 calories. That way..when you workout for at least 1 hour- you'll drop the pounds. The results won't happen over night though so don't feel discouraged by any means. Shedding pounds takes time and if you notice after a few days of counting calories & exercising that you're gaining weight, it's most likely that you're actually gaining muscle. So again, don't be discouraged.

If you truly want to change your fitness and eating lifestyle for the better, you've got to stick to your calorie deficit range of ..1200 Cals each day for example.

Next is to drink plenty of water [before and after meals, before and after workouts]

Eliminate processed food. That stuff overtime will accumulate and they're bad for you. Processed anything. YES you can eat whatever you want technically but, for me, I find that eliminating processed food, sodas/pops, processed flour and processed sugar helped me a lot. If you're having a sugar crave- go for the fruits- they provide natural and healthy sugars so long as they're eaten in moderation. And that goes for anything in moderation.

Veggies and fruits are top priority, then grains[whole wheat is recommended], then milk&alternatives, then meat&alternatives last.

By all means, combine these during breakfast, lunch, dinner, and in between snacks. Though for snacks, I eat unsalted nuts raw or roasted.

More on fitness: Combine cardio with weight training. If you've got dumbbells at home, you can combine it with lunges and bicep curls or a squat with overhead presses. These combinations are just examples. There's a plethora of Youtube videos you can check out when it comes to cardio workouts and weight training workouts.
I find that when you combine the two, you burn more. But that's just me. It's worked out so far. I used to be 145 lbs at 5ft 6'' [23 yrs old]
I'm now 115-118. I don't plan on going any lower so my main focus is to weight train and build more muscle.

With weight training, always take a minimum of 1 day recovery, after the weight training workout, to give your muscles a chance to rest and grow. You'll not only look nice and sculpted, you'll be stronger. And I'm not talking about bodybuilder physique, I mean nicely toned overall.

Also- when you're doing workouts- try to switch up the moves/Youtube videos every day because the body ends up reaching a certain point where the constant exercising of the same moves decreases the impact it has on your body which lowers the benefit you get from it.

And..I think that's it.
So yeah- see what works best for you and let me know how it goes in about 2 weeks to a month after. I wish you all the best in both studies and health.

Cheers. : )

Sexy Turtle

Cabbage Soup for a week to lose 10lb is not true. I have tried that and I only lost 2lb a week.

I even follow their diet.

Most key is, at more vegetables and fruits than anything, cut off sugar, and exercise more! Exercise is more, and many people dont do exercise enough.

Profitable Sex Symbol

Death Before Dish0nor
Alright so first things first- Kudos to you for wanting to change your fitness lifestyle and eating lifestyle for the better. I say lifestyle because this is not a 30 day/4month/2years diet. This is literally for life..otherwise, what's the point right?
Overall though, props for taking the initiative to get healthy again as I know that college can be quite stressful especially when near exam time.

1st and foremost: If you haven't previously done so already, I highly suggest to calculate [online calculator-rough estimators]
your BMI and find your maintenance calories. Maintenance calories is the amount of calories needed to maintain your weight. So for example, if you need to eat 1500 calories to maintain your weight- Try dropping it to no less than 1200 calories. That way..when you workout for at least 1 hour- you'll drop the pounds. The results won't happen over night though so don't feel discouraged by any means. Shedding pounds takes time and if you notice after a few days of counting calories & exercising that you're gaining weight, it's most likely that you're actually gaining muscle. So again, don't be discouraged.

If you truly want to change your fitness and eating lifestyle for the better, you've got to stick to your calorie deficit range of ..1200 Cals each day for example.

Next is to drink plenty of water [before and after meals, before and after workouts]

Eliminate processed food. That stuff overtime will accumulate and they're bad for you. Processed anything. YES you can eat whatever you want technically but, for me, I find that eliminating processed food, sodas/pops, processed flour and processed sugar helped me a lot. If you're having a sugar crave- go for the fruits- they provide natural and healthy sugars so long as they're eaten in moderation. And that goes for anything in moderation.

Veggies and fruits are top priority, then grains[whole wheat is recommended], then milk&alternatives, then meat&alternatives last.

By all means, combine these during breakfast, lunch, dinner, and in between snacks. Though for snacks, I eat unsalted nuts raw or roasted.

More on fitness: Combine cardio with weight training. If you've got dumbbells at home, you can combine it with lunges and bicep curls or a squat with overhead presses. These combinations are just examples. There's a plethora of Youtube videos you can check out when it comes to cardio workouts and weight training workouts.
I find that when you combine the two, you burn more. But that's just me. It's worked out so far. I used to be 145 lbs at 5ft 6'' [23 yrs old]
I'm now 115-118. I don't plan on going any lower so my main focus is to weight train and build more muscle.

With weight training, always take a minimum of 1 day recovery, after the weight training workout, to give your muscles a chance to rest and grow. You'll not only look nice and sculpted, you'll be stronger. And I'm not talking about bodybuilder physique, I mean nicely toned overall.

Also- when you're doing workouts- try to switch up the moves/Youtube videos every day because the body ends up reaching a certain point where the constant exercising of the same moves decreases the impact it has on your body which lowers the benefit you get from it.

And..I think that's it.
So yeah- see what works best for you and let me know how it goes in about 2 weeks to a month after. I wish you all the best in both studies and health.

Cheers. : )

First of all thank you for commenting and helping me out and sorry for replying so late T^T I often use gaia Hey I tried to calculate my BMI online and it says 26.3 WTF IM OVERWEIGHT :c quite disappointing but that's why I need advice so I could correct my mistakes so what should I do with this BMI and how can I calculate the calorie intake and how should I know how to calculate how much I put in my mouth ?

Once again thank you smile

Friendly Citizen

iDarkDurian

First of all thank you for commenting and helping me out and sorry for replying so late T^T I often use gaia Hey I tried to calculate my BMI online and it says 26.3 WTF IM OVERWEIGHT :c quite disappointing but that's why I need advice so I could correct my mistakes so what should I do with this BMI and how can I calculate the calorie intake and how should I know how to calculate how much I put in my mouth ?

Awe, no problem at all and don't worry about the late reply- I understand that people can get busy so it's all good.

Alright so here's another calculator- I should have posted the link to this one before but here it is. It's a Calorie Calculator.
So once you type in your age, gender, weight, height, and exercise level, you'll be given your maintenance calories. Mine is 1893 Calories per day that I should be consuming if I want to keep my current weight of 115 lbs.

Then it'll give you your fat loss calories: the amount of calories you need to consume to lose weight by diet alone. To reinforce your weightloss even more, you'll have to exercise too.

then it'll show you an 'Extreme fat loss' number to see how many calories you need to really lose weight. Mines under 1200 Cals for that but I won't use it since it's below the recommended '1200'. I highly recommend ignoring the extreme fat loss one and stick to just 'fat loss' calories.

So once you know how much calories you need to lose weight, simply write in a journal/notebook of each food that you consume and write down how much calories each food contains.

If you've got an iPod touch, iPhone, or iPad, you can download this free app called: Calorie Counter & Diet tracker by MyFitnessPal. And this app - when connected with the internet, literally has a crapload of info when it comes to what each food contains- calorie wise.

For example: if you had kiwi for breakfast, simply type in 'kiwi' in the search bar, hit enter, and it'll literally give you a List of the different sizes, brands, and types of kiwi along with how much calories it has and even the nutritional info it has. You can keep searching throughout the day and once you select the right kiwi in the list, it'll count up the calories and you can select multiple other foods that you consumed and it'll calculate the kiwi cals AND the other foods you selected so that by the end of the day, you'll know exactly how much calories you consumed.
It's pretty much a journal in and of itself. There's a Monday-Friday + exact month date, and year so you'll know what you ate yesterday or a week before, etc.

Highly recommend the app. If not, manual journaling is also great too! The internet has plenty of sources to tell you how much calories you're consuming for each food you eat.

Profitable Sex Symbol

Death Before Dish0nor
iDarkDurian

Awe, no problem at all and don't worry about the late reply- I understand that people can get busy so it's all good.

Alright so here's another calculator- I should have posted the link to this one before but here it is. It's a Calorie Calculator.
So once you type in your age, gender, weight, height, and exercise level, you'll be given your maintenance calories. Mine is 1893 Calories per day that I should be consuming if I want to keep my current weight of 115 lbs.

Then it'll give you your fat loss calories: the amount of calories you need to consume to lose weight by diet alone. To reinforce your weightloss even more, you'll have to exercise too.

then it'll show you an 'Extreme fat loss' number to see how many calories you need to really lose weight. Mines under 1200 Cals for that but I won't use it since it's below the recommended '1200'. I highly recommend ignoring the extreme fat loss one and stick to just 'fat loss' calories.

So once you know how much calories you need to lose weight, simply write in a journal/notebook of each food that you consume and write down how much calories each food contains.

If you've got an iPod touch, iPhone, or iPad, you can download this free app called: Calorie Counter & Diet tracker by MyFitnessPal. And this app - when connected with the internet, literally has a crapload of info when it comes to what each food contains- calorie wise.

For example: if you had kiwi for breakfast, simply type in 'kiwi' in the search bar, hit enter, and it'll literally give you a List of the different sizes, brands, and types of kiwi along with how much calories it has and even the nutritional info it has. You can keep searching throughout the day and once you select the right kiwi in the list, it'll count up the calories and you can select multiple other foods that you consumed and it'll calculate the kiwi cals AND the other foods you selected so that by the end of the day, you'll know exactly how much calories you consumed.
It's pretty much a journal in and of itself. There's a Monday-Friday + exact month date, and year so you'll know what you ate yesterday or a week before, etc.

Highly recommend the app. If not, manual journaling is also great too! The internet has plenty of sources to tell you how much calories you're consuming for each food you eat.
I cant download the app since my iphones dead :C can i have something that i can view online or download it on my laptop

Ursine Comrade

Bela89
Black Lust Perfume
Cabbage Soup for a week to lose 10lb is not true. I have tried that and I only lost 2lb a week.

I even follow their diet.

Most key is, at more vegetables and fruits than anything, cut off sugar, and exercise more! Exercise is more, and many people dont do exercise enough.

Many studies have shown that a cabbage soup diet is destroying your muscles, sad but true.

I think the key to loosing weight and keeping a healthy one is a balanced diet and a lot of exercise, nothing beats that, I guess wink

Nevertheless I am still struggling myself with my weight (I am not sticking to my advice to have a healthy diest nd exrecise wink ) I lost more than 100 pound in a time range of two years, where the most of the weight loss resultet in my visit abroad in china, which has been two time for 2 weeks. Therefore I concluded that the exercise (running over the wall etc.) and nutrition has to be the key. I started to count calories and tried to stick to a healthier diet and exercise more.

At the moment I am 5'10" and struggling between 145 and 150 lbs. That is a great weight in comparison to the start of more than 250lbs, but I still have the problem that I am not building any muscles.
I bought a scale that tells me fat, muscle, water and bone percentage and I only have about 26,3% of muscles, while I was told I should at least have 36% of muscles. Also I should loose some more weight as I was told in university crying (even though people tend to call me very skinny). Anyone has any advice how I can build muscle fast? I already started to increase my workouts, but nevertheless I only tend to fluctuate on my fat percentage stare

Otherwise I would stick to the comments mentioned before, like eating brown rice instead of white etc. Also try to make a journal of what you ate, so you have an overview of what you ate. I know for myself that I am sticking way to much on sweets, especially if I am under high pressure etc. I am working on changing that, so xou are not alone in changing your habits wink

How much protein are you eating right now? Well, how much food in general really, since you need to eat at least maintenance calories if you wanna grow and if you have trouble growing, you better be eating more than maintenance.

Also, lift heavy and go for few reps but make sure they're full range, quality reps where you can feel the muscles you're using. For most efficiency, use compound exercises like the BDSM lifts and pullups/rows.

Ursine Comrade

Bela89
Fryderyk Chopin

I am eating between 1500 and 1800 calories at the moment, even though I try to keep my calorie intake towards 1200 as I was told by my university health instructo that I should only weight between 130 and 145 lbs at my current heigth (5'10" wink .

I also eat a lot of proteins, between 55 and 65 grams per day. I am currently only doing body weight workouts and cardio, like trail running. I think I should try to include some weights etc. I also wanted to get a gym membership when I am at home again (which will be in two weeks), but thanks for your suggestions, I will look up BDSM lifts and pullups/rows and try to include the mto my workouts 3nodding

As I suspected, you're eating too little to gain muscle mass. From my experience, health instructors tend to think in terms of weight loss more than fat loss or muscle gain, which is what you really want, from what I hear from you.

Even if you're dieting, a 5'10" person most likely needs more than 55-65g of protein, especially if you want to keep muscle mass. Try to go for at least 100g of protein a day and shave off the extra calories from your carb and fat consumption if you really feel the need to.

Also, trying to lose fat and gain muscle is unintuitive for your body. If you really want to build muscle, you gotta be eating more in general and cut down on the cardio(but don't totally eliminate it!) so more energy is available for building lean mass.

For your information, BDSM lifts are Bench, Deadlift, Squat, and Military press. I just like that acronym because it's kinda hard to forget lol. xd

Profitable Sex Symbol

i thought bdsm was sadistic and masochist play

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas