Welcome to Gaia! ::

danipanteez
That last post is really great advice and good for the health of your hair!

For quick techniques though I recommend:
1. heat protector + quick once over with a straightener to get those bad boys down!
2. run some pomade over your hair. just a teeny tiny bit though since it's really for styling and texturing. but sometimes it helps for frizz!
3. braids and or sock buns after the shower! And then do not brush it out when you take your hair down.

Hehehe ty! I try to not straighten my hair now because I tend to get a lot of split ends ><

What is pomade? o:
Dream bearer
I just wash my hair every 2 days

My hair gets very oily x_x so it starts to smell nasty..
pink wig thick a-s-s
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

don't wash it daily...!
use dry shampoo if you feel like your hair needs to be washed everyday.

my hair is 3 feet long and i have naturally wavy hair with frizz.
to help fight frizz i use natural oils and hair serums ^^

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I do wash it daily though >.< I can't stand oily hair.

I was going to buy a dry shampoo but it didn't smell good like it was a minty rosemary smell =.=

WOW SO LONG O: You must have pretty hair
<3
Skyllaeh
You could try googling for a No Poo method (No poo stands for No Shampoo).

The way I found worked the best for my hair was to wash it with eggs and water. My hair turned shiny and got volume without the friss. It's a bit more work than to just squirt shampoo on your head, but it really helped my hair.

I might try that! o:
Thank you ^^

Shameless Loiterer

jessicasocks
My hair gets oily if I don't wash it for a day xD
I've heard from a doctor that apple cider vinegar is actually not good for your scalp O:

WOW, that is very long. Thank you so much for the great tips >.< I might just try purchasing products with keratin in them. I've tried making an egg mask for my hair and it felt gross. I also have tried using mayo but the stench was stuck in my hair for 2 days x.x

Like I said, some people do have hair types that require frequent washing. Although, much of that has to do with the fact that everyday washing over the course of many years (since most parents make their kids wash their hair daily) causes the scalp to over produce natural oils. It's a difficult cycle to break.

I'm not a doctor, so I won't tell you to disregard that advice. All I will say is that a number of people use those rinses and due to the PH balancing ability of the apple cider vinegar the rinse seems to help quite a few people who have scalp problems.

Good luck with whatever you decide to try. smile I don't care for the egg masks either, which is why I prefer to purchase protein based treatments. Mayo smells terrible >.< Tons of people swear by using it, but I can't deal with the smell.

Tipsy Prophet

15,625 Points
  • Conquerer of Familiars 350
  • Budding Witch 250
  • Ghost Hunter 250
Don't wash it everyday. That's actually really bad for it, try ever few days. I wash mine once a week, currently trying to get to about every week and a half to two weeks. You need to train your hair in a sense, to be able to get to that time span. I've also fried the s**t out of the lower portion of my hair by getting it bleached and colour stripped repeatedly.

Baby powder will become you're best friend, it helps to hide greasy hair. I've tried dry shampoo and I personally don't like it, but I swear by baby powder. And because I have to put my hair up constantly for work, I use it after a few days. Just make sure to work it though you're hair completely.

Also, condition the s**t out of you're hair whenever you wash it. That means leaving it in for a bit, then rinsing it out. Coconut oil treatments also work pretty well. Though with those you need to leave it in for a few hours or even over night. Your hair will look and feel nasty, but it's worth it in the long run.

Try to avoid blow drying you're hair, and if you do, use a good heat tamper. I use control freak but TGI, it's expensive, but a little goes a long way. Also try to avoid brushing you're hair every day. Weird I know, but it help reduce breakage, and helps with the growth rate.

Edit: Also! do you have naturally curly or wavy thick hair? That could also be why you get frizzy. My hair does that if I brush it after it dries naturally and I brush it. I look like a lion. Not pretty.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff