Welcome to Gaia! ::

I lack an upper-body, haha. Nonetheless, I challenge you, bro. I will post my guns after I wipe my ipod touch.
I don't have any....

Kliapatra's Partner In Crime

Beloved Bunny

16,075 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Cat Fancier 100
The firearm equivalent to a bbgun right now but hey, it's under construction.
(Gaining muscle and losing fat hopefully.)

User Image
Crud3
I lack an upper-body, haha. Nonetheless, I challenge you, bro. I will post my guns after I wipe my ipod touch.

I'm still waiting little bro. blaugh
maarika
I don't have any....

You azn?
Then you don't need any.
Celadonia

User Image

You should try the dumb-bell row then, it's very upper body oriented.
Say, 5, 10, 20 pounds, 15 reps per arm, back to back. Then, three days later, 20 reps, 3 days, 25, 3 days 30...

I promise you'll see results.

Dedicated Loiterer

14,625 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Champion 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
Bunai
Imagine a wet noodle...those are my arms.

Mine is a limp, wet, white noodle. gonk
Yilanti Midnight
Bunai

Hahaha..
You guys are SO funny.
Does your noodle do you proud? mrgreen

Beloved Bunny

16,075 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Cat Fancier 100
Ghaudly
Celadonia

User Image

Say, 5, 10, 20 pounds, 15 reps per arm, back to back. Then, three days later, 20 reps, 3 days, 25, 3 days 30...

A lot of it is losing the fat to see the muscle at this point, I really think...
I do inverse rows and barbell rows, a lot of heavy lifting.

Dedicated Loiterer

14,625 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Champion 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
Ghaudly
Yilanti Midnight
Bunai

Hahaha..
You guys are SO funny.
Does your noodle do you proud? mrgreen

My noodles do me proud, good sir! ;D

I don't need big noodles for my line of work, luckily.
Celadonia
Ghaudly
Celadonia

User Image

A lot of it is losing the fat to see the muscle at this point, I really think...

I don't think I'm kidding about this..
But you can probably lift more than me. (I don't know, I don't lift to stay in shape.)

How often do you walk for extended periods? Jumping rope is great also!
Best way to lose fat all-over, is to do full body workouts, just enough of multiple muscle groups
to get close to failure, and to stop at that point.
~Stimulate, don't disintigrate!~

Beloved Bunny

16,075 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Cat Fancier 100
Ghaudly
Celadonia
Ghaudly
Celadonia

User Image

I don't think I'm kidding about this..
But you can probably lift more than me. (I don't know, I don't lift to stay in shape.)

How often do you walk for extended periods? Jumping rope is great also!
Best way to lose fat all-over, is to do full body workouts, just enough of multiple muscle groups
to get close to failure, and to stop at that point.
~Stimulate, don't disintigrate!~

It's possible!

I want to get a good jump rope, maybe one of the leather ones for the added weight.
I'm shocked that you don't weigh more. You're just a tiny bit shorter than me, you've got much more muscle mass than I have and we're in the same weight range. I have a slender athletic build, I'm fairly toned but lacking mass. It's not like I've got that much fat on me, either; definitely not enough to make up for the difference in muscle, which weighs more anyway.

Thoughts?
Nion Kokesu
I'm shocked that you don't weigh more. You're just a tiny bit shorter than me, you've got much more muscle mass than I have and we're in the same weight range. I have a slender athletic build, I'm fairly toned but lacking mass. It's not like I've got that much fat on me, either; definitely not enough to make up for the difference in muscle, which weighs more anyway.

Thoughts?

Yes, people do find it odd that I can flex that much muscle, as small as I am. They don't look like that unless I flex, but they do look nice unflexed too.
Size, shape, body type - All based on genetics.
I've got very athletic parents - 6'3" Dad, 5'4" big boned ARMY mom.
There are slow twitch muscle fibers, and fast twitch..
Fast twitch attributes size, and slow twitch is composed of many more muscle fibers.
(I could have it backwards)
But, again, I've always been small, but had large muscles when flexing.

Also, my body is used to daily things - Some form of exercise of some form, which has become a lifestyle. My muscles have adapted to some form of daily strength maintainance, so lots of tone and strength, not a lot of fat. (Think Shaolin Monks, only not as dedicated yet.) mrgreen

Look up body types - also a large determining factor in muscle size, and proportions. (I think mine is Ecto-morph? Don't remember, I'll re-check.)

We'll never be able to truly understand ALL of the factors that go into making a smaller person with less weight, stronger than a larger man of much more weight. But fast and slow twitch muscles have a lot to do with it. Slow twitch apparently burns more calories too, and are activated by isometric exercises.

Is there anything else I could help you with, or that you do not fully understand, and I could go into greater detail if needed?

(Can you believe I've forced my body to do 35 pushups in a row after getting up in the morning, and still in the fasted state - before breakfast? This I have done several times, but it's hard to pass 35 while in the fasted state) blaugh
Ghaudly

Yes, people do find it odd that I can flex that much muscle, as small as I am. They don't look like that unless I flex, but they do look nice unflexed too.
Size, shape, body type - All based on genetics.
I've got very athletic parents - 6'3" Dad, 5'4" big boned ARMY mom.
There are slow twitch muscle fibers, and fast twitch..
Fast twitch attributes size, and slow twitch is composed of many more muscle fibers.
(I could have it backwards)
But, again, I've always been small, but had large muscles when flexing.

Also, my body is used to daily things - Some form of exercise of some form, which has become a lifestyle. My muscles have adapted to some form of daily strength maintainance, so lots of tone and strength, not a lot of fat. (Think Shaolin Monks, only not as dedicated yet.) mrgreen

Look up body types - also a large determining factor in muscle size, and proportions. (I think mine is Ecto-morph? Don't remember, I'll re-check.)

We'll never be able to truly understand ALL of the factors that go into making a smaller person with less weight, stronger than a larger man of much more weight. But fast and slow twitch muscles have a lot to do with it. Slow twitch apparently burns more calories too, and are activated by isometric exercises.

Is there anything else I could help you with, or that you do not fully understand, and I could go into greater detail if needed?

(Can you believe I've forced my body to do 35 pushups in a row after getting up in the morning, and still in the fasted state - before breakfast? This I have done several times, but it's hard to pass 35 while in the fasted state) blaugh

I suppose you've got a point regarding the fact that you're flexing in the photo; I'd need to see you relaxed to get a better idea, but I'm still baffled. Going off of all the people I know of your height and my height of different body types I just can't make sense of your weight. You weigh the same as girls I know of the same height with no significant muscle development, which just /doesn't/ make sense.

My parents are also athletic--mom is 5'11 and played softball, dad was 6'1 in the Navy, basketball player and all around athlete. I grew up playing basketball, football, doing track and field and went on to go into weightlifting, rowing, tae bo and yoga on my own. I've been active my entire life and still am. I know about all this muscle/body type stuff and whatnot. That's why I'm so confused. Muscle is heavy. Heavier than fat. But, again, I suppose I shouldn't be basing anything on this particular photo. So nah; no more details, but I am still quite intrigued since I'm just interested in anatomy in general. Nice guns in any case. :3

(And yeah; I can totally believe that you do that. For four years straight I basically was awoken by the boot camp that is being a rower which generally involved working every muscle in the body to absolute exhaustion and then going a bit more for a good three or four hours. Several straight minutes of jumping rope, more than 50 pushups, running around while carrying someone, doing plyos with frightening names and much much more (rain or shine) starting a 5 a.m. six days a week on an empty stomach was my norm. No time for all of that at once now, but I can't NOT work out.)

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff