Blessed Gaian

closed shower curtains when you go to use the bathroom. *~*

Lover

5,000 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Citizen 200
Ashenflame
Catoptrophobia, fear of mirrors. Possibly due to one too many horror movies with ghosts and crap hiding in mirrors and then killing people. Not a serious case of it, I can look into a few, but I try to avoid them.

Tomophobia, fear of surgery. I despise the thought of being sliced open and people doing as they wish with my body. Especially since they always find some "medical" excuse to do it without any regard to what impact it will have on me. I guess it's safe to say I have Iatrophobia too, fear of doctors. They never listen to me and I've been injured a few times because of it.

I agree with the Tomophobia and Latrophobia too.
Anyone trying to overcome their phobias?

I have a huge fear of needles. Just the thought of getting a blood draw makes me teary. If the phlebotomist doesn't keep me distracted during the process I'll cry like a baby.

But in class (pharmacy school) we were practicing mixing insulin in syringes, and the professor said that if anyone wanted to try injecting themselves with the insulin needle to see what it was like, they could do it with a harmless saline solution.

I volunteered to do it, and I was scared the whole time, but I managed to inject myself. And what do you know, it didn't hurt.

I'm still bad with getting blood draws, but that experience really boosted my confidence.

Lover

5,000 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Citizen 200
Naamari
Anyone trying to overcome their phobias?

I have a huge fear of needles. Just the thought of getting a blood draw makes me teary. If the phlebotomist doesn't keep me distracted during the process I'll cry like a baby.

But in class (pharmacy school) we were practicing mixing insulin in syringes, and the professor said that if anyone wanted to try injecting themselves with the insulin needle to see what it was like, they could do it with a harmless saline solution.

I volunteered to do it, and I was scared the whole time, but I managed to inject myself. And what do you know, it didn't hurt.

I'm still bad with getting blood draws, but that experience really boosted my confidence.

Well congrats. I have a fear of needles as well. However, mine is completely different. I can stand needles as long as it is coming out the other side of flesh. So I would be fine with them taking my blood of it came out the other side of my arm. emotion_yatta
Trypophobia, the fear of small, clustered holes.

Arachnophobia, that one's obvious.

I'm also afraid of the dark, and needles. Ironically I had my lip pierced rolleyes

Quote:

Same. I always have to pull them back before I sit down D:

Lover

5,000 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Citizen 200
Jaxxy Lupei
Trypophobia, the fear of small, clustered holes.

Arachnophobia, that one's obvious.

I'm also afraid of the dark, and needles. Ironically I had my lip pierced rolleyes

Quote:

Same. I always have to pull them back before I sit down D:

Same thing I said about needles. I am only afraid if they don't come out the other side.
And before I pee or anything I bring a knife. emotion_awesome

Lover

5,000 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Citizen 200
slapthefatcat2
I have a slight phobia of falling. Like, I am very careful when hopping off something even as low like, a trampoline. But I can jump off a diving board; is that weird?

In a sense yes. But we all are a little weird.

Attacking Fatcat

27,050 Points
  • Unbreakable Bond 150
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Partygoer 500
Also, roller coasters. I actually managed to ride one about a year ago, and I was about to have a panic attack. I thought, "Well, it won't be too bad. I know it's safe." Nope! Seriously, I know it's safe and will only take a little time, but I still freak out.

5,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Window Shopper 100
I cannot let people anywhere near my ankles. If I feel like someone is about to grab them or touch them I bug out. maybe it comes from watching horror movies where the girl is running away and the killer grabs her ankles to drag her away

Time-traveling Senshi

I have a very mild case of Astraphobia. It's not to the point where I obsess over the weather before I go out anywhere but if a storm is bad enough I do find myself cowering under the covers, if I'm in bed, and doing whatever I can to drown out the noise and battle the flashes of light with more light. I guess it was brought about by having a flaming piece of tree go flying down the roof of our summer cottage when I was little and having a tornado hit a mile from my house when I was fifteen. I know when I was little and it stormed at night I'd find myself wanting to sleep on the floor of my parents' bedroom because it would help with the fear.

It's not as bad now but it still has me jumping when the storms are close.

Steadfast Winner

7,000 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • First step to fame 200
  • Contributor 150
I fear spiders, especially since I work in construction and some of the houses I work in is infested with spiders and I have to push through it because I want to earn my payday. I also fear what will happen to the people I'm taking care of right now if something ever happens to me.

Lover

5,000 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Citizen 200
CassieLOLWUT
I cannot let people anywhere near my ankles. If I feel like someone is about to grab them or touch them I bug out. maybe it comes from watching horror movies where the girl is running away and the killer grabs her ankles to drag her away

I can't let my feet hang off the edge of the bed...Maybe seem reasons.
I have claustrophobia. Its funny cause people often imagine claustrophobia as being in small spaces, but its not actually small spaces that scare me as much as any enclosed space. I can be in a HUGE building but if I feel like I am having a panic attack and don't think I can exit the building it can make it a lot worse. I've almost had a panic attack in a lecture hall once cause I was sitting in the middle of the row. Crowds of people don't help that either and I really hate the idea of being enclosed in by people.

EDIT: i just looked it up and it's not claustrophobia but actually Cleithrophobia that I have as it focuses on the idea of being trapped or enclosed.
Also, I'm not afraid of spiders but I'm afraid of spider webs. It's not all the time but I go through small phases where I will try my best not to walk through a space where there could possibly be a string of web. I'll usually find a way to walk around it but if I can't and I'm alone I'll just face it anyways so its not really a problem. If I am with someone else though I'll always walk behind them so they have to go through first. I have no idea what you would call this fear.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff