Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shameless Exhibitionist

10,400 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
I'm hoping this is the right place for this topic. So, a few summers ago, I wasn't the smartest with my fitness and exercise. I had running shoes that were too old and used them for everything. Because of that, I've broken a few toes here and there from both running and hiking. Since then, I've learned my lesson and own amazing running shoes and hiking boots. My concern though - sometimes my toes that have broken in the past hurt. Like, I can't bend them or walk well without them hurting.

When they're like that, I don't really want to do much on my feet, let alone exercise. Has anyone else had this issue? Or does anyone know how to overcome things like stiff/sore bones?

Ladykiller

8,450 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Clambake 200
I'm finding it hard to believe that you broke multiple toes because you ran in old shoes.
matadorfiend
I'm hoping this is the right place for this topic. So, a few summers ago, I wasn't the smartest with my fitness and exercise. I had running shoes that were too old and used them for everything. Because of that, I've broken a few toes here and there from both running and hiking. Since then, I've learned my lesson and own amazing running shoes and hiking boots. My concern though - sometimes my toes that have broken in the past hurt. Like, I can't bend them or walk well without them hurting.

When they're like that, I don't really want to do much on my feet, let alone exercise. Has anyone else had this issue? Or does anyone know how to overcome things like stiff/sore bones?

Have you tried orthotics? I have really bad flat feet and even have plantar fasciitis. I had to get specially made ones.

Shameless Exhibitionist

10,400 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Monster Pup
I'm finding it hard to believe that you broke multiple toes because you ran in old shoes.

Trail running. The worst break was when I slipped off a rock and stubbed a toe straight into another rock.

Ladykiller

8,450 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Clambake 200
matadorfiend
Monster Pup

Trail running. The worst break was when I slipped off a rock and stubbed a toe straight into another rock.

The only shoe that'll help with that is a steel toed boot. Running shoes are supposed to be soft and flexible for comfort and support.

How long ago did you break your toe? I broke my toe once when I was a kid and it actually healed itself but it's crooked not. There's no pain. I can imagine that you would have pain if you broke it recently but if not, I think you should ask a doctor.

Shameless Exhibitionist

10,400 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Monster Pup
matadorfiend
Monster Pup

The only shoe that'll help with that is a steel toed boot. Running shoes are supposed to be soft and flexible for comfort and support.

How long ago did you break your toe? I broke my toe once when I was a kid and it actually healed itself but it's crooked not. There's no pain. I can imagine that you would have pain if you broke it recently but if not, I think you should ask a doctor.

I mean, since then, I've gotten smarter about where I run. And if I'm doing something on rougher terrain, I wear my hiking boots.

I broke my toes about a year ago. I feel like an old man saying this, but the pain's only started recently and it's been on two really stormy days. Does a change in weather pattern really affect stuff like this?

Ladykiller

8,450 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Clambake 200
matadorfiend
Monster Pup
matadorfiend
Monster Pup

I mean, since then, I've gotten smarter about where I run. And if I'm doing something on rougher terrain, I wear my hiking boots.

I broke my toes about a year ago. I feel like an old man saying this, but the pain's only started recently and it's been on two really stormy days. Does a change in weather pattern really affect stuff like this?

No, and it's really strange that the pain starts a year after it was broken. If it's legitimate pain that lasts a few days and you don't think it has to do with the way you are running, you should see a doctor, get an xray and see if there's anything wrong. There's always the chance that the bones healed strangely. Don't know too much about it but you could have a pinched nerve, or even a bone fragment that is still in there poking you.
matadorfiend
Monster Pup
matadorfiend
Monster Pup

I get pain and so does my mom when its crappy weather. I've broken a lot of bones. It's because of the barometric pressure.

Shameless Exhibitionist

10,400 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Madame de Sousa
I get pain and so does my mom when its crappy weather. I've broken a lot of bones. It's because of the barometric pressure.

Ok, so that makes me feel not like a weirdo. Haha. Yeah, it's only with the rainy weather. Luckily, we hardly get storms.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff