Welcome to Gaia! ::

Mewling Dabbler

7,950 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
Hey all,

I just wanted to get some opinions on the fitness trackers that are becoming more and more popular. I just got a new job with long hours and my motivation to work out has taken a hit. Plus, I have been weary of how accurate MFP is when it comes to how many calories I'm actually burning.

Do they really work? Motivate you more/less? Worth the investment? Comfortable?

In particular I'm really interested in Polar's FT7 or the Loop.

Super Fairy

11,750 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100
I used a polar watch to track how many calories I was burning during my weight-training sessions. It almost always ended up being about 400-500 cals per session, so I just sold it on Ebay because I got a good idea of how much I burn per workout. 3nodding

Yes they do work, didn't motivate me any more or less, it was just cool to see. It's worth it if you really want to see how much you burn, your heart rate, and the time. It was a 7/10 comfort. The chest band bothered me only because it has to be wet for it to correctly get your heart rate.
I've used Noom Weight for a while.
It helped me log my calories a day and keep track of my weight gain/loss during the week.
I enjoyed it for a while but then I kept forgetting to log and I kept going over my calorie count.
So I eventually deleted it.
But if you think it will help you, go for it.
There are a lot of those good fitness trackers that might actually help a lot.
gaia_nitemareleft I love my Jawbone UP. gaia_nitemareright

It keeps track of my steps, it will vibrate when you've been idle for too long which motivates you to move. It tells you how many idle calories and active calories you've burnt, gives you goals. It tracks your sleep and how many times you wake up during the night plus how long you're in deep and light sleep.

I also like it because it gives you little tips and facts about losing weight. It also gives you achievements to hit. And you can track your food by scanning bar codes and it will let you know how many calories you have left for the day as well as the nutritional value. It's about $160 at Target.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff