Welcome to Gaia! ::

I haven't been on Gaia in forever, I spent most of my time in the GD back when I was like 16 years old.

Now I'm 20 and I've pretty much devoted my whole life to fitness. I work in a supplement store and have a vast knowledge of nutrition, I've been lifting weights for 3 years now. I'm in the process of attaining my PT cert through NASM.

I'm willing to just sit here and answer any questions for anyone who needs help as far as fitness and nutrition goes. If I don't know something I'll tell you I don't know. Just trying to provide motivation and knowledge to people who are new to all this.

Eventually I plan on doing online training for pay but seeing as I'm not even certified yet I'm just trying to get some experience, possibly build clientele.

But yeah, fire away.

Anxious Gaian

I'm trying to lose 20 pounds and I'm a 5'8 female. I count calories (1,500) and I have a job where I'm on my feet all day. I'm active but not 'fitness' active. I'm stuck at or around the same weight and it's not coming off even though I eat less. Advice?
Absolute_Zero-460
I'm trying to lose 20 pounds and I'm a 5'8 female. I count calories (1,500) and I have a job where I'm on my feet all day. I'm active but not 'fitness' active. I'm stuck at or around the same weight and it's not coming off even though I eat less. Advice?
Just because you eat less doesn't necessarily mean you're eating right, what's your diet look like?

And lifting weights would be extremely beneficial, the more muscle you have the more fat you burn. I'm not saying you have to bulk up, simply develop some muscle tone and tightness. A good routine would be:

Ab warm up- 3 sets of 25 crunches, 3 sets of 15 leg raises, 3 1 minute planks
Arms- bicep barbell curls 5 sets of 20, tricep cable extensions 5 sets of 20, dips 3 sets of 10 (assisted if necessary), chin ups 3 sets of 10 (assisted if necessary).
Leg routine- 5 sets of 20 squats (with weight if possible), 5 sets of 20 leg extensions, 5 sets of 20 leg curls, 5 sets of calf raises (with weight if possible)

Then you could work your chest and back as well. And cardio is pretty basic do about 20-30 minutes of your choice of cardio pretty intensely. I personally love the stair climber the incline is great for boosting your metabolism.

Like I said let me know what your diet looks like and maybe we could clean that up as well, and recommend a few supplements.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff