Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fashionable Prophet

So for a long time now, since maybe middle school my nose has always been a little swollen and red. I can breath out of it fine but it bothers me in a cosmetic way. I got rid of foods I'm allergic to and I wash my pillow cases and bedsheets often with hypoallergenic detergent, but it still remains.
When I take allergy pills (i don't take them often) it still stays the same. I was thinking of using a neti pot but I'm a little scared to and I'm not sure if it will work.

Has anyone ever had this problem? Any tips/cures?
Have you tried a nasal spray?

It sounds like you're getting close to the limit of what you can try without seeing a doctor.

Fashionable Prophet

Mooby the Golden Sock
Have you tried a nasal spray?

It sounds like you're getting close to the limit of what you can try without seeing a doctor.

I was thinking of buying a nasal spray smile Is a saline one good or are there others I should try?
Saline is probably all you're going to be able to get over the counter.

Some people swear by Afrin but you can become dependent on it (in that you nose gets super bad once you stop using it) so most docs I know say to avoid it altogether. If you do use it, don't use it for more than a day or two.

I'd say try the saline, and if that doesn't really work you can try getting a doctor to bump you up to a prescription nasal spray. Assuming the doc agrees that it's an allergy problem, that is.
What foods are you talking about? Do you consume dairy?

Fashionable Prophet

love is bliss

I stopped gluten and I avoid foods that I'm allergic to like garlic and eggplant and eggs.. I did give up dairy for a while but it didn't have the positive effect giving up gluten did, it made me feel tired and sad when I gave it up which is really weird
Ghostfrost
love is bliss

I stopped gluten and I avoid foods that I'm allergic to like garlic and eggplant and eggs.. I did give up dairy for a while but it didn't have the positive effect giving up gluten did, it made me feel tired and sad when I gave it up which is really weird
That's a great start. heart I ask about dairy, because a lot of sinus issues can be caused by dairy. If you saw no difference when you avoided it, then I guess you have no issues with it. Hmmm....

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff