Welcome to Gaia! ::

Kindly Giver

Okay, so, I am a bit overweight. I think by like... 20 to 25 pounds (possibly 30, I am not entirely sure). I'm not sure... But I'm pretty pudgy in my stomach and I want to eliminate it as soon as possible and as soon as is healthy. I really want to get my belly button pierced, so I'm hoping having an incentive will help me stick with my plan.

However, I'm unsure what to do. I know you need to eat better and exercise, it's just... I don't know HOW to eat better or WHAT I should do to exercise.

It doesn't help that I am extremely picky with vegetables. I like more fruits than I do veggies. All I like are lettuce and carrots. Corn I can stomach sometimes, but my stomach doesn't like it.

What kinds of foods can I eat that will help and what kind of exercise can I do? I am hoping to reach my goal by this summer.

I also do yoga, will that help lose weight? I know it's good for pretty much everything else, and I know the ab workouts help, but I don't know if any kind will work (because it's an exercise) or if you need to do the kind that really works on your belly area.

Any help would be much appreciated. :3

Oh, and I am giving up soda. I know it's horrible for you.

Dapper Poster

1) Go HERE and find out how many calories you should intake everyday.
2) Take 500 off of that.
3) Get a journal and look up recipes HERE and right them down then do a total calorie at the bottom of the page.
4) If you have a smart phone go HERE and install this to help you.
5) Workout! Im not talking about go to a gym and work out, Im talking about do at home, your own body weight workouts. You can do them in your room, or wherever you feel comfortable. Here are some good sites to find those.
The 100 Workout

The Lean Green Bean

StumbleUpon (Search under Fitness)

If you have access to a gym, then HERE is an excellent workout routine you should follow.
(Just click on the "Get Started Now" then signup if you dont already have an account.)
Okay. Corn isn't a vegetable. It's man made. That's why our bodies don't know what to do with it. That's why high fructose corn syrup is so bad for you. Your body is all "Ehhh.... I don't know what to do with this, so lets stick it... Over here..."

Cut out whites. White potatoes, flour, sugar, bread, rice. Bad for you.

Eat slowly. Often times you're full WAY before you know it. It takes seven minutes for your brain to go "Hey. There's food down there. "

Drink lots of water. AT LEAST half your weight in ounces a day. Sometimes you're really thirsty but your brain just knows it needs SOMETHING so you think "food".

Eat within an hour of waking up. You don't do this and your body stays in "slow metabolism" mode.

Don't eat within two hours of bed. ******** that milk and cookie. Whatever you eat within two hours of bed your body doesn't process. Think of it like shutting down a factory. What isn't done the workers think " We'll do it in the morning." (You know how people are. It NEVER gets done). Got that?

I like (and so does everyone else) sixpackshortcuts (YouTube) and BodyRock tv.

Good luck
Inorganic Adhesive
Okay, so, I am a bit overweight. I think by like... 20 to 25 pounds (possibly 30, I am not entirely sure). I'm not sure... But I'm pretty pudgy in my stomach and I want to eliminate it as soon as possible and as soon as is healthy. I really want to get my belly button pierced, so I'm hoping having an incentive will help me stick with my plan.

However, I'm unsure what to do. I know you need to eat better and exercise, it's just... I don't know HOW to eat better or WHAT I should do to exercise.

It doesn't help that I am extremely picky with vegetables. I like more fruits than I do veggies. All I like are lettuce and carrots. Corn I can stomach sometimes, but my stomach doesn't like it.

What kinds of foods can I eat that will help and what kind of exercise can I do? I am hoping to reach my goal by this summer.

I also do yoga, will that help lose weight? I know it's good for pretty much everything else, and I know the ab workouts help, but I don't know if any kind will work (because it's an exercise) or if you need to do the kind that really works on your belly area.

Any help would be much appreciated. :3

Oh, and I am giving up soda. I know it's horrible for you.

Starch isn't necessarily bad for you. You need rice and potatoes, it's great protein. It's how much you consume per sitting that's the problem.

This time last year I was 80 pounds heavier than I am now. Losing weight isn't only a physical thing, it's mental as well. You, yourself have to mentally prepare for the battle at hand. It takes three months to break a habit and three days to pick up a new one. You can eat healthy, exercise but, you have to push yourself to maintain the diet and goal you've set for yourself.

If we're going to be honest here, the weight I lost in the beginning wasn't entirely healthy. I was depressed and I overly exercised to make myself feel better and look better because I was cheated on. I'm not recommending this at all, just being honest.

Okay, it's a slow process to start but, one worth trying and it leaves amazing results. Meal replacement plans won't work at all. I wouldn't recommend doing that, however if you feel it's necessary than try it out. I won't stop you from trying things, I can only give you advice with what you should try doing and what's worth avoiding.

Don't spend a ton of money on organic foods. Organic produce are good don't get wrong but, the regular produce work just as good at a cheaper cost. Cut your habits slowly, try not to drink soda for a bit. Then after a while cut out the greasy food. I don't want you to cut everything asap and hope for the best. It's a slow process with long term results.

When you walk around or go shopping. Choose the stairs than the escalators. Every bit counts. Watching what you consume helps a bunch but, it's tedious work. Drink tons and tons of water and milk. At least a bottle before you eat any meal. It fills you up quickly. Eat like a king for breakfast, a prince for lunch, and a peasant for dinner. That takes in to play. Make sure you're constantly eating. Snacking, anything. Nuts are a great snack.

Losing weight doesn't necessarily mean you have to focus solely on veges. You can eat meat, you can practically eat anything you want. It's how much you eat of it. Do me a favor and raise your hand in the air, form a fist and stare at it for a bit. No meat, rice, or bread, should be portioned bigger than your fist.

Feel free to pm me and i'll gladly send you before and after pictures of myself to prove what I say is true. Every body is different so the best meal plan, exercise plan, should be something fun and exciting for you. For example when I work out, I like to blast any dubstep song and pretend I'm in a club hardstylin. And how good I'd look in a beautiful sequence dress.

I have more quick steps if you want. I'm here any time.
It's great that you feel motivated to lose weight and you need to stay motivated. If you're wondering what to eat, there are many options and low carb diet plans for women. These plans are especially designed to meet your nutrition needs within your calorie limit. I think this is what most people do to cut belly fat--that and tummy exercises to tone it up.
* Attention to what you eat.
* Have support when you are trying to lose weight. Find a friend who wants to lose weight
* Don't eat everything on your plate
*Regular exercise is necessary .

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas