Welcome to Gaia! ::

Garbage

yum_strawberry Always eat breakfast: e.g. porridge is good, it's low-cal and keeps you full for a long time. If it tastes too much like cupboard, you can add honey, nuts, berries, raisins, slices of fruits...

yum_strawberry Cut white sugar and white wheat to minimum. This doesn't mean you can't have anything sweet, bread or pasta - just choose darkest wheats possible and use honey (or artificial sweetener) instead of sugar. Dark full wheats keeps hunger away much longer than white wheats. Also, brown sugar is better than white.

yum_strawberry When you feel hungry, drink water and eat fruits. Fruits have only few calories, but they have natural sugars, loads of vitamins and they're mostly sweet also! Apples, oranges, pears, small bananas, grapes...

yum_strawberry If you want to go extreme, make some ice cubes from 100% fruit juice and suck them when you crave for something. Even more extreme is to suck just normal ice cubes.

yum_strawberry You must not starve yourself! If you eat too little, your body thinks you're actually starving and sucks every drop of fat it can the next time you eat well. Eat something every 3 to 4 hours, that way your digestive system keeps on going.

yum_strawberry Right diet is actually more important in weight loss than exercising. Light exercise is vital also, but at first get your diet right. You might work out too much and end up being all worn out. When you've had the kickstart and started losing a few pounds, and you feel like you're getting used to the new diet, you can add more exercising. Just remember to eat 1-2 hours before workout, and take a protein bar/banana/whatever right after it so that your muscles get energy to recover. However, it all depends what you're used to. Long walks are a healthy way to exercise during the first days of the new diet.

There, those are the first few things that come in mind. I'm not a personal trainer or anything lol, but I had every possible health education class in upper secondary school with A+ grades, and I also know from my personal life what I'm talking about.

Good luck, you can do it!

Dapper Prophet

There are so many things to say but I'll try to keep it straight forward and minimal.

There probably won't be any sort of miracle diet that will word for you. The magic key will probably be a combination of strategies and techniques, rather than restrictions. From what I've found, the healthiest 'diet' on the planet is an alkaline, organic, mostly vegan/plant-based diet supplemented with seafood, bone broths, minimal organic unpasteurized dairy (beyond just cows).

Warm lemon water with cayenne pepper first thing in the morning before eating, followed by a full glass of water, THEN breakfast. This will do wonders for your digestion.

A variety of exercise, including yoga and hooping (yes, a weighted exercise hoop!)

Skin brushing! Using a stiff-bristled brush to exfoliate can actually reduce cellulite.

Look into natural products that will help heal your digestive tract, a happy gut makes a world of difference in terms of your body's natural set point weight! I recommend probiotics, Iberogast, Natural Factors Smooth Digest, and CandiGone.

Another thing that can have a huge effect on our weight is our hormones. A good place to start with weight loss is finding out if our hormones are balanced.

Last but not least, check into your chakras. If you aren't familiar with them, read up! When our chakras are not aligned or balanced, or we have experienced trauma, they tend to self-protect by holding weight around that area. When we have balance in our mind/body/spirit, there's no need to hold on to that weight shield.

Oh, and BE KIND TO YOURSELF! Self love is the absolute most important thing. You are already more than enough 3nodding

Best of luck!! heart

Here's some stuff to check out:

Easy Food Replacements

Bone Broth Benefits

Spices to Help Lose Weight

A Dietary Shift For Greater Health and Weight Loss

Smoothies Vs. Juicing

Smoothies and Weight Loss

Benefits of Lemon Water

What Losing 100 Pounds Taught Me
Have you ever thought of keeping a food journal? You write down every single thing you eat and drink throughtout the day. You can then calculate your calorie intake using a site like this one.

You might be surprised at how many calories certain foods contain. When you spot those foods, you can start having less of them or look for foods which contain less calories but are more filling, for example vegetables or soups. The recommended calorie intake when you're trying to lose weight is 1200 calories a day, so try not to take in much more than that. 3nodding

But changing your diet alone won't be enough. Even if you don't like the idea of exercise, you have to try and eventually you might even start enjoying it as exercise has been proven to boost your mood. What you should do is give different kinds of exercise a shot and find the ones that suit you so that you won't give up easily.

Also, make exercise a non-negotiable part of your routine. Decine for how long and on what days you're going to exercise, and stick to it. If you keep it up, in a few weeks it should become a habit!

Last but not least, reward yourself every 10 or 20 lbs you lose by doing things like buying yourself something you've wanted for a while. Just make sure the rewards don't involve food, it's not a good idea in my opinion.

I think that's about it, good luck! wink

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces