Welcome to Gaia! ::

Questionable Prophet

11,950 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
Wait, did he hesitate, or actually tell you that you aren't cute?

Because it's an awkward question to ask him, and he may have been like, "Um, yes, obviously."

But if he literally told you that you weren't cute, dump his a**.

You don't need him.

Don't look for men to validate you. You need to feel good about yourself without needing someone to tell you so. If someone says, "You ugly," you need to shake it off and think to yourself, "I'm beautiful."

I know, easier said than done, but really. Try.
I think you might be overreacting a little, if my significant other told me something similar I'd go to the gym right at that moment, I wanna look good for my baby cakes, instead of crying do something about it, if you have time to chat on gaia you have time to exercise, 30 minutes and a good diet is all you need. Don't consider staying in shape something temporary, it's a lifestyle and it'll stay with you forever.
AlucardLuxiere
Im Sophia
ur bf is a d**k, you can be cute and chubby. get a new bf.

This ^. I mean weight shouldn't effect how he one is attracted to you. he should love you for you. after all the body will change constantly as we age. focusing on just size is just vain and honestly kind of disgusting. You deserve better. Plus ten pounds don't show as much as you'd think. (unless you are already skin and bones. or very close to your ideal weight anyways.) my two cents.

What if they're obese? Lot of health problems when one is overweight.
Being attracted to someone should be personality based in my opinion. However addressing a health issue shouldnt effect someones attraction level. if anything if you really love someone you should help them with the problem. After openly addressing your concerns over their health.

Tipsy Bunny

11,525 Points
  • Are You Jelly? 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Lapin Patrol Haldus: Victory! 100
Im Sophia
Dump that d**k.

Wheezing Smoker

Ew obviously he doesn't need to be your boyfriend anymore.
Cause there are plently of people out there to tell you that youre cute as ********]

Cunning Lunatic

Miragen
Kawaii, for the love of god, stop using that.
It's ok to be fat as long as you're happy, confident and most importantly healthy. biggrin

Dapper Dabbler

Flamboiement Lunaire
. . .

A year ago, after I graduated, I worked out a lot. Like, a lot. I lost around 20-ish pounds, Then my boyfriend and I started talking on Skype all day everyday. And you can probably assume that I have no time to work out. I feel really guilty about that. I've gained around 10 of those pounds back and it goes up and down all the time.

But this whole time he'd been telling me that I was cute, and he even once called me "kawaii."

But yesterday, with me being in a bad mental state due to my period and self-esteem issues, I asked him if I'm too fat to be cute. He asked me what I mean by cute. I told him that what I mean is like, am I too fat to be a cute or kawaii girlfriend. He sounded all nervous, and he said verbally, no. But then the other part.. yeah.

He thinks I'm too fat to be cute. I feel like he's been lying to me this whole time. I just... want to cry non stop now. I just want to sleep forever.

Anyway.. I don't know.

Sorry....

OKAY!

So I've noticed everyone keeps giving you s**t boyfriend advice.
( 1 ) If he didn't like you, he wouldn't have dated you in the first place. And that was with the extra 20lbs right?
( 2 ) I TOTALY understand wanting that affirmation from your man (or partner for you dear readers), but it's an awkward positions anyone can be put into.
( 3 ) We women read into things—sometimes a little too much. If you are feeling really upset by his nervousness, let him know, but in calm way. He'll probably apologize for making you feel bad about yourself, and tell you he really does love you.
( 4 ) People shouldn't villainize others for being physically attracted to a certain body. That's like getting mad at someone for being gay. They can't help it. You can get mad at them if they are being a douche. If your boyfriend was saying "Omfg, Becky! You're a fat slob, I don't understand why, blah blah blah, I hate being with you, you make me sick," then hell yeah! Leave his a**. He is being abusive. But if a guy is like, "Bae, if your panties feel too tight, why don't we go to the gym together?" Keep him. He wants to help you.
( 5 ) In any relationship, you need to communicate clearly with your partner. If skyping with him all day is having a negative effect, talk it out. Schedule times (preferably after your workout) to Skype.

Realize this: You originally wanted to lose weight, and you did. (I am actually super proud of you for losing 20lbs because I know how hard it is). You gained some of it back—which is not a big deal, you can still lose it. But you have to make up your mind wether or not you want to try losing weight.
If you do, it has got to be for you. Health, appearance, or to feel happy, whatever. Not for your boyfriend.

If you don't, and you are happy with your appearance, then know that you are beautiful. :> And your boyfriend obviously likes you.
Sleeping Rabbit
Im Sophia

this is when your bf becomes an x bf and you become someone better for yourself and not for anyone else.

your bf is a a giant s**t.

OG Gaian

5,075 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Rally Tyro 100
Pictures, in these scenarios, do sometimes help.

Few things.

1. You can't let anyone, no matter what? Dictate your happiness or self-esteem. Do you think you look good? Then you look good. I spike my hair like a weirdo, every day. Do I do it for anyone's approval? No. I like how it looks. I think it goes well with me. I rock it. If you think you look good? That's all there is to it.

2. How is this relationship? Is he always here and there? He seems honest. Which is a good thing. Lieing to you, isn't a good thing. Now, to me? You should always be honest, but caring to the ones you love. Relationship or not. I feel like he tried to be easy on it.

3. Overall, you can't ask this place. They see "HE CALLED YOU FAT OMG. BREAK UP WITH HIM." That's something you might regret at some point. He didn't dump you. He didn't insult you. He gave you an answer. One that may not be the best to hear, but if that's how he feels? It's how he feels.

You have to be the judge at this point. Do you want to find someone who's going to tell you what you want to hear, someone who naturally just finds the beauty in everyone, or do you want to work on keeping your "cute" status?

Things like this need proper thinking and time. If it bothers you that much? Tell him that.

Dapper Dabbler

The Dropkick JD
Pictures, in these scenarios, do sometimes help.

Few things.

1. You can't let anyone, no matter what? Dictate your happiness or self-esteem. Do you think you look good? Then you look good. I spike my hair like a weirdo, every day. Do I do it for anyone's approval? No. I like how it looks. I think it goes well with me. I rock it. If you think you look good? That's all there is to it.

2. How is this relationship? Is he always here and there? He seems honest. Which is a good thing. Lieing to you, isn't a good thing. Now, to me? You should always be honest, but caring to the ones you love. Relationship or not. I feel like he tried to be easy on it.

3. Overall, you can't ask this place. They see "HE CALLED YOU FAT OMG. BREAK UP WITH HIM." That's something you might regret at some point. He didn't dump you. He didn't insult you. He gave you an answer. One that may not be the best to hear, but if that's how he feels? It's how he feels.

You have to be the judge at this point. Do you want to find someone who's going to tell you what you want to hear, someone who naturally just finds the beauty in everyone, or do you want to work on keeping your "cute" status?

Things like this need proper thinking and time. If it bothers you that much? Tell him that.

Amen! ;9

Novice

You shouldn't feel the need to change yourself so someone else likes you more!! I know its hard when you have strong feelings for that other person, but ultimately its an unhealthy mindset sad Care first and foremost about your own health! The weight will take care of itself :3 And even if it doesn't, at least youre building a healthy body for yourself ^w^
If you want to work out and lose weight and be healthy then do it. I mean I can't see you so I don't know what your definition of "chubby" is. I mean some women think their average BMI is chubby. Which is not. And absurd. But happens. But if how you look makes a difference in how you feel than maybe you should work on you. If a little weight bothers you then lose it. If you want. Just make sure what you do to your body is for you not for someone else. It's your body, the only persons opinion on it that should matter is yours. And if skyping is getting in the way of your normal schedule then maybe you should put a certain time to skype on your schedule instead of it taking over your schedule. If you know what I mean.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff