Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Giver

I am trying to keep up my motivation to start running. I want to run in a marathon with my sister (she does it all the time). I've started with just walking daily. I'm way out of shape. So i wanna post each day in here whether I walked or not. Hopefully I can keep this up with your guys encouragement! I'm going to pretend your depending on me. lol

Conservative Explorer

If you have an mp3 player, I sense a potential desire for fresh air. Don't let down the music player! Go walk! =3

Dapper Giver

Ashenflame
If you have an mp3 player, I sense a potential desire for fresh air. Don't let down the music player! Go walk! =3

I was using my phone but I couldn't pay the bill this month. sad

Conservative Explorer

Chibi_Akutenshi
Ashenflame

Sorry. =(

I bought a little SanDisk Sansa mp3 player about a year ago. It was fairly cheap. Perhaps you could request one as a late Christmas present or birthday present?

Dapper Giver

Ashenflame
Chibi_Akutenshi
Ashenflame

Sorry. =(

I bought a little SanDisk Sansa mp3 player about a year ago. It was fairly cheap. Perhaps you could request one as a late Christmas present or birthday present?

I think we might have an IPOD lying around. I will try that. smile

Conservative Explorer

Chibi_Akutenshi
Ashenflame
Chibi_Akutenshi
Ashenflame

Sorry. =(

I think we might have an IPOD lying around. I will try that. smile

Hope you find it! =)

Fashionable Shopper

Chibi_Akutenshi
I am trying to keep up my motivation to start running. I want to run in a marathon with my sister (she does it all the time). I've started with just walking daily. I'm way out of shape. So i wanna post each day in here whether I walked or not. Hopefully I can keep this up with your guys encouragement! I'm going to pretend your depending on me. lol

I used to be very active and athletic. I got diagnosed with epilepsy and hypothyroidism & gained a lot of weight because of it. I started eating less and actually gained the weight. The pills for the epilepsy put 20lbs on me in 2 1/2 months..I'm tired of feeling so blah. I moved into a new apartment that has a gym & I'm going there every other day to work out. I'm trying to walk/light exercise everyday though at least.

I get discouraged because I don't lose weight quickly now, but I'm gonna keep at it.
Good luck with your running!! wink

Dapper Giver

Elektric_Sugar_Pop
Chibi_Akutenshi

I used to be very active and athletic. I got diagnosed with epilepsy and hypothyroidism & gained a lot of weight because of it. I started eating less and actually gained the weight. The pills for the epilepsy put 20lbs on me in 2 1/2 months..I'm tired of feeling so blah. I moved into a new apartment that has a gym & I'm going there every other day to work out. I'm trying to walk/light exercise everyday though at least.

I get discouraged because I don't lose weight quickly now, but I'm gonna keep at it.

I have hypothyroidism, and serious hormonal problems. It's really, really bad. Like I'm not on birth control and still don't get my period. So I'm with you 100%. I've had to take weight loss out of the equation. I just wanna run with my sister and get healthier. I think my problems are stress related, so I think any exercise is helpful with my condition. But I weighed like 120 pounds and then I went through a huge stress, got depressed and I gained like 100 pounds. It has really sucked, and been very expensive. I am a bit embarrassed to admit it on Gaia, because it's so overly obsessed with looks.

Fashionable Shopper

Chibi_Akutenshi
Elektric_Sugar_Pop
Chibi_Akutenshi

I have hypothyroidism, and serious hormonal problems. It's really, really bad. Like I'm not on birth control and still don't get my period. So I'm with you 100%. I've had to take weight loss out of the equation. I just wanna run with my sister and get healthier. I think my problems are stress related, so I think any exercise is helpful with my condition. But I weighed like 120 pounds and then I went through a huge stress, got depressed and I gained like 100 pounds. It has really sucked, and been very expensive. I am a bit embarrassed to admit it on Gaia, because it's so overly obsessed with looks.

There's nothing to be embarrassed about. Hypothyroidism makes it almost impossible to lose weight! Hormonal problems only make hypothyroidism worse also. I have gained 35-40lbs in a little over a year & I realized a few weeks ago that if I didn't start exercising again, I would gain a lot more. I went up several pants sizes. Nothing is worse than going to put clothes on in the morning and all your pants are too tight!! Walking/running is great for anyone. My doctor says I should at least walk 30 mins. everyday. I'm starting to walk/ride my bike to college now, so regardless of going to the gym, I'll have to exercise to get there. haha Walking/running helps with depression too. It's depressing not being able to lose weight etc. So even though I don't lose weight easily, I at least feel better because I'm trying to exercise more..

Dapper Giver

Elektric_Sugar_Pop
Chibi_Akutenshi
Elektric_Sugar_Pop
Chibi_Akutenshi

There's nothing to be embarrassed about. Hypothyroidism makes it almost impossible to lose weight! Hormonal problems only make hypothyroidism worse also. I have gained 35-40lbs in a little over a year & I realized a few weeks ago that if I didn't start exercising again, I would gain a lot more. I went up several pants sizes. Nothing is worse than going to put clothes on in the morning and all your pants are too tight!! Walking/running is great for anyone. My doctor says I should at least walk 30 mins. everyday. I'm starting to walk/ride my bike to college now, so regardless of going to the gym, I'll have to exercise to get there. haha Walking/running helps with depression too. It's depressing not being able to lose weight etc. So even though I don't lose weight easily, I at least feel better because I'm trying to exercise more..

We think alike. heart I hear you. And replace the clothing is expensive. I thought it might stop. The weight gain just kept on going. It was insane. I was gaining like a 1 each day or something. I'm not even sure if it's stopped or not. I will know if I out grow my newer set of clothing. sad

Fashionable Shopper

Chibi_Akutenshi
Elektric_Sugar_Pop
Chibi_Akutenshi
Elektric_Sugar_Pop
Chibi_Akutenshi

We think alike. heart I hear you. And replace the clothing is expensive. I thought it might stop. The weight gain just kept on going. It was insane. I was gaining like a 1 each day or something. I'm not even sure if it's stopped or not. I will know if I out grow my newer set of clothing. sad

We do! smile It does get so expensive! I've gone to shop at Goodwill a lot because I'm afraid to buy expensive pants (because I don't want to waste a bunch of money on pants I won't be able to wear in a week). After I gained the first 20lbs I hit a specific weight & couldn't lose or gain for a while. In the past few months it's decided to change again and I've been gaining. I've only lost a pound from my exercising and I'm probably gonna gain it back over the holidays. lol

Dapper Giver

Elektric_Sugar_Pop
Chibi_Akutenshi
Elektric_Sugar_Pop
Chibi_Akutenshi
Elektric_Sugar_Pop
Chibi_Akutenshi

We do! smile It does get so expensive! I've gone to shop at Goodwill a lot because I'm afraid to buy expensive pants (because I don't want to waste a bunch of money on pants I won't be able to wear in a week). After I gained the first 20lbs I hit a specific weight & couldn't lose or gain for a while. In the past few months it's decided to change again and I've been gaining. I've only lost a pound from my exercising and I'm probably gonna gain it back over the holidays. lol

I don't weight myself. It's something I don't have 100% control over, so I know it doesn't help to know my weight. I literately don't know how much I gained, but I have never in my life had a honest to goodness second chin and now I do, so I know it's no small potatoes. blaugh
I want to do the same. But I'll be jogging on the spot today lol
True motivation is self-generated ninja

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas