Welcome to Gaia! ::

Kickin' this New Year Off with a Bang

This thread is still ugly I know. I'm working on it! Welcome! My name is Jenni and I have been a Gaian member for many years now. I prefer Meso, or Mesoshy if you don't mind. As you know its the New Year! You know, the time where you reflect on how your year has gone and how you hope this new one will be. I have been looking for a place to organize my thoughts publicly without being SO public if you know what I mean. I thought why not Gaia? I'm sure I could actually list a lot of reasons why not Gaia, but to be frank, I hardly care what others think. If I did, I certainly wouldn't be posting the content below now would I?

Enough, enough, I know. Sometimes my life gets so complicated it's hard to keep things straight. So I thought maybe I could start a blog type thing here. Its primarily going to be about weight loss, but who knows what other things that might spark in my imagination.

Making goals is easy I find. Keeping them is the hardest part. I think if I could place all of my thoughts in one small part of my life, maybe I could keep track of them, and nurture them. I want a lot of things to happen in my life this year, but I've noticed in past years I haven't exactly been proactive in accomplishing goals. This year I plan to turn it around for the better. There are so many things changing in my life that sometimes I get frazzled, frustrated and demotivated. I know everybody in their life gets dealt a bad card, but its how we pick ourselves up that really matters. I think life is about not sweating the small stuff, while not ignoring wants. Turning dreams into reality and time into hard work.

Sometimes lack of support can be demotivating. That is why I am ready and hoping for your feedback. Any tips, past experiences, story swapping, whatever you have to say is welcome and wanted. One comment goes such long way in keeping on track. I would love to hear what your aspirations and goals are for this year, and how you plan on doing this. Inspiration is the theme in this thread. Lets pass the positive energy around shall we?
New Years Resolutions

Quit Smoking
I've cut back quite a bit but still haven't been able to kick this one yet. Ive been smoking for I think 4 years now. It's frustrating.

Pay off Visa

A seemingly impossible task so far, but its definitely a tip top priority as most of my future financial goals depend on it.

Lose Weight

Obviously

Buy Trailer

My first real home. My small town seems to think we are mini Vancouver so buying an actual house is out of the question, although it would be nice to stop renting and actually give my wonderful dog Duke a forever home. <3

Braces

What I consider a bad hand dealt. I know it wont happen right away but it would be nice to love my smile for once.

Bangin' Hair styles

Wardrobe Make-over; I'm hesitant to do this because of my weight gain. Who could afford to buy all new clothes and then lose weight and buy them all over again anyways? I've noticed with me always trying to micro manage my money, I'm always leaving myself short for this category. I work in a new environment and wouldn't mind having my wardrobe reflect my success.

There's tons of others but I haven't thought this far ahead yet.
The last Ten Pounds

I've always been an athlete. In high school I was in P.E class for half of my classes plus I've been playing volley ball since I was in sixth grade. I graduated in 2007 and watched as my friends gained insane amounts of poundage. I thought myself immune to this. I watched them surpass me in size while I stained thin and carefree. I admit, I am not a healthy being. I eat nothing but junk most days. Theeeeeen it all started to hit me.

I started a new career with an airline company. I sit in an office with other ladies while in contrast, my other job was physically demanding. I literally am not allowed to leave my desk as it is my job to answer phone calls among a million other things, involving a million sticky notes I might add.

The weight gain started. Alas, I knew the day would come but I thought I would be better prepared. Now I work two jobs, both involving a lot of sitting. I still bartend weekends, and tend to the beer store, while putting in 40 hours at this new job. I barely have a moment to myself these days and the last thing I want to do is be active. I'm left mentally exhausted which leaves me also physically exhausted.

Enough jibber jabber. Here's the deets.

I'm roughly 127-128lbs. I estimate a gain of about 8-10lbs in the last 6 months.

I'm 5'6, and I have just turned 24.

Goal weight;

Ah the question indeed. I have no idea what the number would be. I want to LOOK a certain way rather than weight a certain number.
I advise all skinny bashers to quietly leave this thread.

GET FIT CHALLENGE

I have hired a fitness trainer who happens to amazing. His name is Mike and he was, at his prime, bronze in worlds kickboxing. WORLDS. He is more excited than I am to get me fit. If anybody can help me with this goal, its him. Below there is a list of things I am doing with Mike to achieve my goals.

User Image

Ok. Say hello to my muffin top. Sorry the pic is blurry. I will add another soon. Oh and this was taken Feb 14/2014 at officially 127.8lbs
Monthly Mug Shot

I love beauty trends and I love learning how to do things to manipulate what the good God gave me.

I will post a trend, and due my best to interpret it.

If any of you have any suggestions on what would look good on me, or if you want advice on how to do something I've posted or anything of the sort, I'd be happy to help in any way I can.
Updates

Follow me and my progess!

So far we are alternating muscle groups. Day one I did all of my muscles just as a sort of introduction. It was easy and nice, but I definaely came out really sore by the end.

Day two was arms. My short term goal is to be able to do a chin up, so we focused a lot on that.

Day three was legs, squats with a bar. I am working on getting really low on my squats but something mental is keeping me from achieving full range of motion. I know this because when I lift the bar from the floor, rather than up on my shoulders, I can get low.
Thank you

Thanks for all the support and tips throughout this New Year. Every voice is welcome.

And I promise.... this thread WILL get prettier over time. It's like I say, I work 24/7 and can only update as much as my jobs allow me to.

I hope this thread inspires you. <3

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces