Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lonely Phantom

I've been taking a medication called Seroquel for Schizophrenia...But, since I've been taking it... I wake up in the mornings at times really sick and throwing up... Any ideas as to why? My boyfriend suggested that it might be that I automatically get up in the morning instead of just relaxing for a little and that I should eat when I get up.. I'm not sure and I don't want nothing bad to happen...
Help?

Newbie Conversationalist

8,300 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
Hey there. Just did a quick two second research and found that:

"stomach pain, upset stomach, nausea, vomiting, constipation;"

is a pretty much expected side effect.

Here's a link to WebMd's list of side effects for the drug you're taking, if you would like to know more: WebMd

Hope things get better emotion_hug

Lonely Phantom

michicachan999

Here's a link to WebMd's list of side effects for the drug you're taking, if you would like to know more: WebMd

So this is something I must get used to? Or perhaps I should ask my psychiatrist to lower the dose?
Carousel_Of_Hatred
So this is something I must get used to? Or perhaps I should ask my psychiatrist to lower the dose?

Prescription side effects and dosing adjustments are things best discussed with the person who is managing the prescription. In this case, that would be your psychiatrist.

Newbie Conversationalist

8,300 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
Carousel_Of_Hatred
michicachan999

If you're even a little worried about it I would let your psychiatrist know that you're having these symptoms. It might be considered a "minor" side effect, but it is still a side effect all the same.

Sparkly Genius

7,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Medalist 100
  • Team Edward 100
Carousel_Of_Hatred
I've been taking a medication called Seroquel for Schizophrenia...But, since I've been taking it... I wake up in the mornings at times really sick and throwing up... Any ideas as to why? My boyfriend suggested that it might be that I automatically get up in the morning instead of just relaxing for a little and that I should eat when I get up.. I'm not sure and I don't want nothing bad to happen...
Help?

Medical answer:
Go see your doctor. Don't ask your boyfriend, dont ask your mother, dont ask us... You know why? Were not doctors. Don't even trust sites like webmd. The only person you should trust with your health is your doctor.

Lonely Phantom

lightkeeper
Carousel_Of_Hatred
Help?

Medical answer:
Go see your doctor. Don't ask your boyfriend, dont ask your mother, dont ask us... You know why? Were not doctors. Don't even trust sites like webmd. The only person you should trust with your health is your doctor.

I have consulted my psychiatrist... He insisted on putting me on Seroquel xr... (Extended Release, I think) Doesn't this break down in my system faster making the side effects worse? He assured me that it wouldn't be like that but, how am I to trust it when it doesn't seem true?

Lonely Phantom

Thank you all for your opinions...
Carousel_Of_Hatred
I have consulted my psychiatrist... He insisted on putting me on Seroquel xr... (Extended Release, I think) Doesn't this break down in my system faster making the side effects worse? He assured me that it wouldn't be like that but, how am I to trust it when it doesn't seem true?

No, extended release drugs release slower.

Lonely Phantom

Mooby the Golden Sock
Carousel_Of_Hatred

No, extended release drugs release slower.

Oh! So this would be better for me... Thank you for your opinion. =3

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces