Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anasui
Alright, with eating, for breakfast, something like cereal and fruits. For a snack around an hour or so before eating lunch, a small piece of fruit (like a small banana or a small apple), lunch something simple like a salad with some broiled/grilled/steamed chicken (making sure that it wasn't fried or has any fat), have some more fruits and veggies for snacks, and for dinner, something small and simple like a good serving of fruits or veggies.

An other important thing with eating is that often, people confuse thirst for hunger and will eat when they are actually not hungry. If you think that you might be hungry, drink some water. If in an hour you still feel hungry, then eat something.

Also, try going on youtube for some workout routines, or try and see if you can join a dance class. You can burn a lot of calories by doing this and it's fun, tricking your brain from not getting as tiered as you would by doing a normal workout.

By "fried" for chicken what do you mean? Like is it still OK if I cook it in a frying pan?

Also, I'd like to do the Youtube workouts but I have roommates and won't they hear and that'd be kind of weird and noisy?
Dorcas
FOOD: eat japanese food, it's expensive in restaurants, but it's actually pretty cheap and simple to do it at home, it's yummy and low fat n_n

EXERCISE: do squats, lot's of lower body exercises you can even just look them up on youtube, by exercising your larger and less fatty prone muscles (legs) your body will need fat from other places such as tummy, back and arms 3nodding

best of luck!

How many squats would I need to do a day?
Choque
Dorcas
FOOD: eat japanese food, it's expensive in restaurants, but it's actually pretty cheap and simple to do it at home, it's yummy and low fat n_n

EXERCISE: do squats, lot's of lower body exercises you can even just look them up on youtube, by exercising your larger and less fatty prone muscles (legs) your body will need fat from other places such as tummy, back and arms 3nodding

best of luck!

i usually do like a 30 minute routine for the lower body, im not sure how many squats that includes cause i get most of my workouts from youtube n_n
Dorcas
Choque
Dorcas

best of luck!

i usually do like a 30 minute routine for the lower body, im not sure how many squats that includes cause i get most of my workouts from youtube n_n

Where on Youtube?

7,850 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200
MarigoldMari
You're gonna want to replace most bleached grains (white rice, white bread) with whole grains (brown rice, whole wheat/12 grain bread). You won't even notice the bread difference. That will help a lot. Dairy is also responsible for a lot of fat. Pay attention to your cereals, too. Look for whole grain. Only drink water and milk. Make sure you eat high protein foods so you stay fuller longer. Most of all, you're gonna want to eat a little less. Maybe 1500 calories a day (to maintain healthy body functions). Make sure the fat ratio is at 30% or less (like if the food is 90 calories, the fat should not be above 30 calories). You'll want some fats to maintain a healthy body, as even our brains need fats to function (but stay away from saturated fat).

Exercise is important. Put in your favorite fast beat songs and dance your a** off. Buy a couple of 3-5 pound weights to build and tone lean muscle, and maybe ankle weights, too. Use these as you dance. You'll be surprised at how much weight you can lose doing this, and it can be insanely fun.
The switching carbs does no do s**t. It would take months to lose weight that way. There's only a slight calories difference, and carbs whole wheat or not are not healthy for you, the only thing they give you are calories, which is our unit of energy.

She needs to cut most of them out.

7,850 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200
Choque
Anasui
Alright, with eating, for breakfast, something like cereal and fruits. For a snack around an hour or so before eating lunch, a small piece of fruit (like a small banana or a small apple), lunch something simple like a salad with some broiled/grilled/steamed chicken (making sure that it wasn't fried or has any fat), have some more fruits and veggies for snacks, and for dinner, something small and simple like a good serving of fruits or veggies.

An other important thing with eating is that often, people confuse thirst for hunger and will eat when they are actually not hungry. If you think that you might be hungry, drink some water. If in an hour you still feel hungry, then eat something.

Also, try going on youtube for some workout routines, or try and see if you can join a dance class. You can burn a lot of calories by doing this and it's fun, tricking your brain from not getting as tiered as you would by doing a normal workout.

By "fried" for chicken what do you mean? Like is it still OK if I cook it in a frying pan?

Also, I'd like to do the Youtube workouts but I have roommates and won't they hear and that'd be kind of weird and noisy?
Don't eat anything fried, bake it instead.
Cereal is HORRIBLE for you. Don't eat it. Carbs are bad for you. They have no health benefits at all, only calories which is our unit of energy.
Eat fruits and eggs / protien in the morning, that is SUPER important.
Who cares if your room mates hear you work out? It shouldn't embarrass you to better yourself, most people work out. If it bothers you that much go running, to a gym or swimming.

Try and eat 5 small meals a day instead of 3 big ones.
Don't snack on fatty food, skip dessert. Have veggies and fruits to snack on.

7,850 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200
What do you eat on a normal day and how many meals do you eat a day?

7,850 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200
kuriheartsyou
MarigoldMari
You're gonna want to replace most bleached grains (white rice, white bread) with whole grains (brown rice, whole wheat/12 grain bread). You won't even notice the bread difference.

YES YOU WILL.

It tastes SO much better. I'm such a sucker for 12/15/multigrain bread. My mom switched it when I was about 11 and I swear I can't eat white bread anymore.

Also, don't diet. You have to change what you eat permanently or else you will just gain the weight back. Believe me - I lost 15 pounds and then gained it all again when I stopped the regimen.

And cut out the red meat as much as you can. It's pretty much common knowledge that it isn't really all that good for you (My father should know, as he's on a cholesterol pill and STILL can pound down steaks like a typical American firefighter). Chicken, turkey, and fish are now your best friend.

When you're cooking vegetables, I learned that steaming them with a tiny bit of margarine/butter makes all the difference. I generally hated artichokes and asparagus as a child, but I learned that if I steam them in the microwave with a teaspoon of margarine, I really love them. You can also buy imitation butter sprinkles that tastes just like any sort of butter, but it's fat free. Some vegetables taste a lot better this way so you're more prompted to eat them.

Remember that you don't have to like every fruit and vegetable to be healthy so don't force yourself. I hate pineapple and green beans but I make up for it with bell oranges and bell peppers.
You're wrong that whole wheat is better though. Carbs are bad for you, all carbs, Whole wheat is no healthier than white wheat. It may have more nutrients but the bread blcoks you taking in the butrients when you digest, so all it gives you is calories & fat.

7,850 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200
Anasui

Cereal is an awful breakfast and has no nutirients, eat fruit & protien.

Adorable Fisher

oTrissa
MarigoldMari
You're gonna want to replace most bleached grains (white rice, white bread) with whole grains (brown rice, whole wheat/12 grain bread). You won't even notice the bread difference. That will help a lot. Dairy is also responsible for a lot of fat. Pay attention to your cereals, too. Look for whole grain. Only drink water and milk. Make sure you eat high protein foods so you stay fuller longer. Most of all, you're gonna want to eat a little less. Maybe 1500 calories a day (to maintain healthy body functions). Make sure the fat ratio is at 30% or less (like if the food is 90 calories, the fat should not be above 30 calories). You'll want some fats to maintain a healthy body, as even our brains need fats to function (but stay away from saturated fat).

Exercise is important. Put in your favorite fast beat songs and dance your a** off. Buy a couple of 3-5 pound weights to build and tone lean muscle, and maybe ankle weights, too. Use these as you dance. You'll be surprised at how much weight you can lose doing this, and it can be insanely fun.
The switching carbs does no do s**t. It would take months to lose weight that way. There's only a slight calories difference, and carbs whole wheat or not are not healthy for you, the only thing they give you are calories, which is our unit of energy.

Switching to whole grains is a lifestyle change which is maintainable and will let you lose weight in a healthy way and that you will be able to maintain over a life time. Cutting out carbs is a crash diet, and a failing one as you will eventually eat carbs again and gain all the weight back and then some. She will also feel more healthy and more strong with these slow carbs (which means you feel fuller longer and your body uses the proteins slower so you feel stronger longer). Cutting out carbs can leave you feeling weak and sluggish.

7,850 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200
Dorcas

best of luck!
Japanese food is healthy, but ONLY if you cut the rice. In Japan you pay higher health taxes for the more rice you eat because it's not healthy.

7,850 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200
MarigoldMari
oTrissa
MarigoldMari

Switching to whole grains is a lifestyle change which is maintainable and will let you lose weight in a healthy way and that you will be able to maintain over a life time. Cutting out carbs is a crash diet, and a failing one as you will eventually eat carbs again and gain all the weight back and then some. She will also feel more healthy and more strong with these slow carbs (which means you feel fuller longer and your body uses the proteins slower so you feel stronger longer). Cutting out carbs can leave you feeling weak and sluggish.
Wrong because you don't need carbs to live, you're healthier without them, they cause inflammation which is the cause of most health problems.
Carbs were made to feed the masses of poor people. It's been like that since egypt when the slaves were looking to the rulers for food, they just gave them the cheapest s**t, that being rice and such.

I myself do not ever diet, I eat very little carbs myself, and definitely not every day.
You just eat more of the healthy stuff, such as veggies, it WILL fill you up for less calories.
If you eat a huge bowl of cauliflower will you not feel full? That's hardly any calories at all.
And I eat like I said almost no carbs what so ever and I feel the best in my life and am very slim, I actually find it almost impossible to gain weight with my diet (not that I want to)

The only reason someone would feel sluggish after cutting carbs is one you aren't getting enough calories compared to the energy you need or your body is cleansing.

The reason most people are over weight is they are severly uneducated about nutrition and blindly listen to the FDA's food chart, but the FDA and medical are the same thing, so the more people with problems the more people making big money on both sides, as medicine is expensive and when people develop problems it is usually for life as people are to stuck in their awful ways that they never change their diet to the best way and end up not being able to reverse the problems.

7,850 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200
Choque
Dorcas

best of luck!

If you do a lot you will find you thighs become way too bulky, I'd say do 5 sets of 10-15 every 2 days.
You need to do more aerobic than muscle building things, you do need to do them though because you will need to tone as you drop weight.
Go swimming, walking, running, jump rope as well.
Swimming intensely can burn up to 700 calories an hour.
3,500 calories is one LB.
Try and eat no more than 1,500 calories a day to lose weight.
Do you have any idea how many calories you eat in a day now?

Magical Cutesmasher

11,250 Points
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Clambake 200
oTrissa
kuriheartsyou
MarigoldMari
You're gonna want to replace most bleached grains (white rice, white bread) with whole grains (brown rice, whole wheat/12 grain bread). You won't even notice the bread difference.

YES YOU WILL.

It tastes SO much better. I'm such a sucker for 12/15/multigrain bread. My mom switched it when I was about 11 and I swear I can't eat white bread anymore.

Also, don't diet. You have to change what you eat permanently or else you will just gain the weight back. Believe me - I lost 15 pounds and then gained it all again when I stopped the regimen.

And cut out the red meat as much as you can. It's pretty much common knowledge that it isn't really all that good for you (My father should know, as he's on a cholesterol pill and STILL can pound down steaks like a typical American firefighter). Chicken, turkey, and fish are now your best friend.

When you're cooking vegetables, I learned that steaming them with a tiny bit of margarine/butter makes all the difference. I generally hated artichokes and asparagus as a child, but I learned that if I steam them in the microwave with a teaspoon of margarine, I really love them. You can also buy imitation butter sprinkles that tastes just like any sort of butter, but it's fat free. Some vegetables taste a lot better this way so you're more prompted to eat them.

Remember that you don't have to like every fruit and vegetable to be healthy so don't force yourself. I hate pineapple and green beans but I make up for it with bell oranges and bell peppers.
You're wrong that whole wheat is better though. Carbs are bad for you, all carbs, Whole wheat is no healthier than white wheat. It may have more nutrients but the bread blcoks you taking in the butrients when you digest, so all it gives you is calories & fat.

And if you're going to tell her to cut ALL carbs out of her diet then you're ******** retarded. She wants to lose some weight, not eat like a miserable rabbit.
oTrissa
Choque
Dorcas

best of luck!

If you do a lot you will find you thighs become way too bulky, I'd say do 5 sets of 10-15 every 2 days.
You need to do more aerobic than muscle building things, you do need to do them though because you will need to tone as you drop weight.
Go swimming, walking, running, jump rope as well.
Swimming intensely can burn up to 700 calories an hour.
3,500 calories is one LB.
Try and eat no more than 1,500 calories a day to lose weight.
Do you have any idea how many calories you eat in a day now?

I'm a pretty proficient swimmer (I do any stroke except butterfly) - so what kind of swimming should I do to lose weight?

I don't know how many calories I eat in a day, I've never tried counting.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff