Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hello. I'm hoping some of you here can give me some good little tips. Basically, I'm taking a vacation out to Texas (just to visit my sister, hence the choice of location) starting about September 8. Starting from now until then, I'd like to do what I can to lose just a few pounds. I don't want to ramble too much, but I want to give enough info to get some good advice. I figured it would be good to set a small goal first, and going on a trip sets a bit of a deadline to start, where I can hopefully work in some good new habits and carry them through even after the trip.

I wouldn't classify myself as being overweight, not by any great deal if I am. I am about 5'5" and 150 pounds, never fluctuating much above or below that. I'm guessing this to be right about the highest I should be for my height, where I would be overweight if I got too far above that.

I will admit beyond running around at my job, I don't exercise much, but I mind what I eat and drink a nice amount of water. Lately, I have been adding fruit smoothies in during the day, figuring that helps get some more "good things" in my system. I use mostly bananas, strawberries, blueberries, pineapple, and sometimes I mix some avocado into them, even spinach. I could do to get more vegetables in my diet for sure, and I don't think I eat enough in general.

My issue is that where I work does not offer ideal choices for food. I'm surrounded by candy, which I do my best to avoid, but I haven't cut it out entirely; at least once or twice each week, I'll go for a bag of skittles or a candy bar. I'm coaxing myself to cut it out entirely for a good length of time to see what the difference will be. I don't bring my own dinners because I can't figure out what would be some good things to pack. I work about 3 pm to 1 pm, so around 6 pm I'll eat something. Prior to that, I'll have woken up early in the afternoon and I'll usually make myself eggs and toast, and then about an hour later I'll make that smoothie. I'll have a couple glasses of water.

Basically, I'm assuming some issue is not getting enough to eat, and making sure it's things that will offer substantial nutritional value. I don't know what spare time I can make for working out, unless people have suggestions for small workouts I can do daily before work without having to wake up too early (due to my schedule).

Sorry for the ton of text, but I appreciate any help. The goal is to lose a few pounds, whatever is realistic and feasible in the span of time I have, and I can answer any additional questions as needed. My only other question is with multivitamins, I take these. Should I take something different or something in addition? I have quick access to a pharmacy two minutes walking from my house, so grabbing extra vitamins is easy to do. I also have a bag of organic green tea (loose leaves) and hear it's really helpful, but how much should I drink in a day (or during a week)?
One quick bump.
If you wish to reduce extra body weight then follow this easy tips that helps you effectively.

1) Do not go On a Diet!
2) Make one small healthy change that you can live with today
3) Eat breakfast
4) Eat 4-6 smaller meals per day instead of 2-3 big ones
5) Reduce stress
6) Decide how many calories you need to maintain your current weight, and how many you want to trim down per day to meet your weight loss target
7) Keep a food log
jhon121matheus
If you wish to reduce extra body weight then follow this easy tips that helps you effectively.

1) Do not go On a Diet!
3) Eat breakfast
5) Reduce stress
6) Decide how many calories you need to maintain your current weight, and how many you want to trim down per day to meet your weight loss target
7) Keep a food log

Thank you! For you or anyone to answer, what are the best ways to work in smaller meals - what things I could eat for those meals. I at least always do breakfast.
Leenycat
jhon121matheus

1) Do not go On a Diet!
3) Eat breakfast
5) Reduce stress
7) Keep a food log

Thank you! For you or anyone to answer, what are the best ways to work in smaller meals - what things I could eat for those meals. I at least always do breakfast.

I try to eat three larger 'meals' (~350-500 calories) and 2-3 'snacks' (~100-250 calories) a day. I don't worry about the spacing of the meals/snacks so much as I stress "Am I actually hungry now or am I bored?" I may have just finished a meal but if I'm hungry 20 minutes later I'll go ahead and grab a snack. I am also not trying to lose weight, but if I were I would try to keep my total daily consumption at about 1,500 calories. That's no magic number for everyone but it's what works for me. Experiment with your body and find a number that makes you happy!
Examples of meals:
2 scrambled eggs and 1/2 avocado breakfast sandwich
2 hard boiled eggs and toast with almond butter
Flax seed and granola cereal with almond milk (Or regular milk)
Avocado egg salad sandwich and fruit (You use avocado instead of mayo!)
Spicy tofu curry and brown rice/quinoa
Lentils, tomato curry, and brown rice/quinoa
Snacks:
Apple and almond butter
Strawberries and sugar (great for when you're really craving something sweet)
Greek yogurt or cottage cheese
Veggies and hummus (I really like raw red peppers, carrots, and celery)
A small salad
Nuts
And so many more options! I would check out pinterest so you can find some recipes and ideas that appeal to you and fit your needs. If you want the specific recipes for anything I posted feel free to DM me. Another option is the eat the microwavable diet meals. They're not 'healthy' but they're very easy to keep at work and to make. I've found the weight watchers smart ones are actually pretty good as well!

As for exercise, there's a bunch of youtubers dedicated to posting workout vids so there's ample selection. I really like XHit daily as well as vinyasa yoga workouts. Yoga can get lengthy, but XHit's videos are anywhere from 8-20 minutes. They also have a wide range featuring specific body parts to full body workouts.

Best of luck!!
BigLove4Llamas
Leenycat
jhon121matheus

1) Do not go On a Diet!
3) Eat breakfast
5) Reduce stress
7) Keep a food log

I try to eat three larger 'meals' (~350-500 calories) and 2-3 'snacks' (~100-250 calories) a day. I don't worry about the spacing of the meals/snacks so much as I stress "Am I actually hungry now or am I bored?" I may have just finished a meal but if I'm hungry 20 minutes later I'll go ahead and grab a snack. I am also not trying to lose weight, but if I were I would try to keep my total daily consumption at about 1,500 calories. That's no magic number for everyone but it's what works for me. Experiment with your body and find a number that makes you happy!
Examples of meals:
Snacks:
Apple and almond butter
A small salad
Nuts
And so many more options! I would check out pinterest so you can find some recipes and ideas that appeal to you and fit your needs. If you want the specific recipes for anything I posted feel free to DM me. Another option is the eat the microwavable diet meals. They're not 'healthy' but they're very easy to keep at work and to make. I've found the weight watchers smart ones are actually pretty good as well!

As for exercise, there's a bunch of youtubers dedicated to posting workout vids so there's ample selection. I really like XHit daily as well as vinyasa yoga workouts. Yoga can get lengthy, but XHit's videos are anywhere from 8-20 minutes. They also have a wide range featuring specific body parts to full body workouts.

Best of luck!!

Thank you for the suggestions! Is the almond butter for you specifically because of a peanut allergy, or does it have less fat than peanut butter/increased nutrition value? I've never tried it, but I do love almonds.

My only whiny gripe is every time I try Greek yogurt, something about the texture on its own really grosses me out and I can't bring myself to enjoy it, but could I perhaps just cancel that out by mixing it into a fruit smoothie?

In a pinch at work I've gone for the Smart Ones meals over picking the too-tempting greasy foods and eggwiches that I am fairly sure are not real eggs (as they are pre-frozen), and I know they aren't the best; usually frozen diet meals are extra high in sodium but I have found some of the Smart Ones meals to be not so awful in that department, so I agree there.
Leenycat
BigLove4Llamas
Leenycat
jhon121matheus

1) Do not go On a Diet!
3) Eat breakfast
5) Reduce stress
7) Keep a food log

Examples of meals:
Snacks:
Apple and almond butter
A small salad
Nuts

Best of luck!!

Thank you for the suggestions! Is the almond butter for you specifically because of a peanut allergy, or does it have less fat than peanut butter/increased nutrition value? I've never tried it, but I do love almonds.

My only whiny gripe is every time I try Greek yogurt, something about the texture on its own really grosses me out and I can't bring myself to enjoy it, but could I perhaps just cancel that out by mixing it into a fruit smoothie?

In a pinch at work I've gone for the Smart Ones meals over picking the too-tempting greasy foods and eggwiches that I am fairly sure are not real eggs (as they are pre-frozen), and I know they aren't the best; usually frozen diet meals are extra high in sodium but I have found some of the Smart Ones meals to be not so awful in that department, so I agree there.

I just prefer almond butter, it has a more roasted taste to it which I really enjoy. You could definitely use peanut butter in it's place though! And if you don't like greek yogurt no biggie, just wanted to share some stuff that I like. When you're trying to lose weight it's really important to find foods you enjoy because otherwise you'll just crave all the bad stuff even more.
Hi BigLove4Llamas...

Butter almonds also important stuff for weight loss program, but you can also add other healthy foodstuff that helps you to accomplish weight loss goal like green vegetables, fresh foods and nutritious meal.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff