Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lucky Lunatic

8,750 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
I am sure many others have the same issue, I mean, Even my Avatar is unhealthy!

So, How do I tackle the whole lack of stamina thing? Many people say start of light, or swim, but, urrgh, Its gotten to a point where even the thought of that tires me out.
You can gain you stamina, step by step. Start by running, that was what i did for my fitness test. A very important thing is the intensity of your run, you need to start easy and as the time passes by and you see improvements you can try a higher intensity. Your not going to run a marathon in the first day, so start slow. =)

Lucky Lunatic

8,750 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
iMinionNr5
You can gain you stamina, step by step. Start by running, that was what i did for my fitness test. A very important thing is the intensity of your run, you need to start easy and as the time passes by and you see improvements you can try a higher intensity. Your not going to run a marathon in the first day, so start slow. =)

How do I make sure I stick to this? Often I find that I do exercise, and then after a week or two I decided I just cannot be bothered? Its annoying, but it happens.
Carimyp
iMinionNr5

How do I make sure I stick to this? Often I find that I do exercise, and then after a week or two I decided I just cannot be bothered? Its annoying, but it happens.

If you start with a low intensity, the percentage of you failing or giving up it's lower than with a higher intensity. Nobody likes to fail, if your goal is to run 1 mile in the first day in let's say 5 minutes, and you fail that mark, the next day you don't have the same determination in running that you had when you started, made that goal and failed. Make easy and attainable goals. Use music when you are running, it give's you that extra pump to finish the race. Or go runing with your friends, personaly i don't do this often because when we go there is no running involved just jocking around, but if that works for your fine. smile

Lucky Lunatic

8,750 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
iMinionNr5
Carimyp
iMinionNr5

If you start with a low intensity, the percentage of you failing or giving up it's lower than with a higher intensity. Nobody likes to fail, if your goal is to run 1 mile in the first day in let's say 5 minutes, and you fail that mark, the next day you don't have the same determination in running that you had when you started, made that goal and failed. Make easy and attainable goals. Use music when you are running, it give's you that extra pump to finish the race. Or go runing with your friends, personaly i don't do this often because when we go there is no running involved just jocking around, but if that works for your fine. smile

Thanks for the advice! I will certainly have to try running. I used to cycle, but there are way way WAY too many hills around here. Uphill both ways!

I know just the music! Probably a lot of Manowar and Ensiferum.

Running with my friends? That'd be hilarious, doubt the ambulance would have room for three! smile

Strawberrei's Kouhai

Shirtless Sex Symbol

19,800 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Jolly Roger 50
If your stamina is lower than average, you also may be deficient on some crucial vitamins such as Vitamin B12, or minerals such as Iron. I was for a very long time (being vegetarian and hence being low on both I listed). Adding those in if you are deficient can really add a punch to restore stamina levels, alongside working out more frequently by starting slow and climbing up!

Lucky Lunatic

8,750 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
Nahr, I eat meat like a.... Meat eating... thing... Plus I take vitamin tablets.

Dog

im crying from laughter cause"even my avatar is unhealthy"

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas