Welcome to Gaia! ::

Kanrah's Prince

Dangerous Smoker

14,000 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
I drink a lot of milks and I eat a ton of cheese- I am over weight for how short I am
do you think if I cut back on dairy I'd lose weight? my bf drinks almond milk instead of
regular milk..but I really hate the sweet taste of it. but it healthier for you. should I
try to get into it -?
I'm a big milk drinker myself and I love cheese. I don't think you should cut it out completely but definitely consume in moderation. Like don't drink milk everyday and have cheesy meals once in a while. Fruits, veggies, and fish are the best things smile

Kanrah's Prince

Dangerous Smoker

14,000 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
Lady Kariel
I'm a big milk drinker myself and I love cheese. I don't think you should cut it out completely but definitely consume in moderation. Like don't drink milk everyday and have cheesy meals once in a while. Fruits, veggies, and fish are the best things smile

thanks it helps C:
and I like your avi btw C:

Friendly Bookworm

It can be a yes or no in this situation.

I would cut back and at least have a glass of milk a day and cheese only when called for to compensate while eating more fruits and veggies.
Milk is actually great for you, depending on your issues. It is very nutrient-dense, considering that it's designed to fully nourish a calf, whose nutrient needs are not that different than ours. It contains vitamins such as A, D, and C. It also contains a huge amount of calcium and other important minerals. Lastly, milk has all the amino acids (building blocks for protein) that the body needs in the correct proportion, and an ample amount of them. However, if you want to lose weight, large amounts of milk (more than 2-3 cups per day) is probably not a good idea. Really, too much of anything is bad; the key to healthy eating is 'everything in moderation'. Milk has a lot of fat in it. Now let me be clear, 'high in fat' does not necessarily mean 'fattening'. Fat just has more than twice as many calories per gram, which means it will cause an excess in calories much more easily. Carbs are what make you fat the quickest, since your body can produce energy from it without too many extra steps. Since milk is an animal product, a good portion of this fat is saturated fat, which is the kind that is not good for your arteries. Also, milk has no fiber, since fiber only comes from the structural components of plants, such as vegetables, fruits (but not their juices), and whole grain. Fiber helps slow the release of sugar into the bloodstream, meaning whatever food you eat will keep you satisfied longer. This means that the carbs (which are entirely sugars, no starches at all) in milk will hit your bloodstream quickly and leave you with a blood sugar plunge later if you do not supplement your milk with a high-fiber food.

In a nutshell
Pros:
- very nutritious (high in calcium, vitamins, important minerals, and complete protein)
-easy (just keep refrigerated and pour yourself a glass!)

Cons:
-high calorie count per serving (and they add up fast)
-a lot of fat, including saturated fat
-no fiber
-all simple carbs

Conclusion
Do not stop drinking milk entirely, it's great for you. Just stick to a lesser amount, like one cup per day. Consume low-fat or non-fat milk, and always have a high-fiber food with your milk, like whole wheat bread, fruits, veggies, or oatmeal. However, really cut down on cheese, because it has a crapload of saturated fat and a lot less nutrients because of the fermentation process.

I hope this helps smile
over eating anything is bad for you- even healthy stuff. Dairy is fine, just cut back on the milk for a bit, and use almond milk when using it for cooking or cereal. Dairy like cottage cheese and greek yogurt are very good for you. The best way to eat healthy and help you loose weight is to simply eat balanced, eat less and move more. Make sure you're getting all of your protein, fiber, fat, and carbs.

Kanrah's Prince

Dangerous Smoker

14,000 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
thesweetiepie60
Milk is actually great for you, depending on your issues. It is very nutrient-dense, considering that it's designed to fully nourish a calf, whose nutrient needs are not that different than ours. It contains vitamins such as A, D, and C. It also contains a huge amount of calcium and other important minerals. Lastly, milk has all the amino acids (building blocks for protein) that the body needs in the correct proportion, and an ample amount of them. However, if you want to lose weight, large amounts of milk (more than 2-3 cups per day) is probably not a good idea. Really, too much of anything is bad; the key to healthy eating is 'everything in moderation'. Milk has a lot of fat in it. Now let me be clear, 'high in fat' does not necessarily mean 'fattening'. Fat just has more than twice as many calories per gram, which means it will cause an excess in calories much more easily. Carbs are what make you fat the quickest, since your body can produce energy from it without too many extra steps. Since milk is an animal product, a good portion of this fat is saturated fat, which is the kind that is not good for your arteries. Also, milk has no fiber, since fiber only comes from the structural components of plants, such as vegetables, fruits (but not their juices), and whole grain. Fiber helps slow the release of sugar into the bloodstream, meaning whatever food you eat will keep you satisfied longer. This means that the carbs (which are entirely sugars, no starches at all) in milk will hit your bloodstream quickly and leave you with a blood sugar plunge later if you do not supplement your milk with a high-fiber food.

In a nutshell
Pros:
- very nutritious (high in calcium, vitamins, important minerals, and complete protein)
-easy (just keep refrigerated and pour yourself a glass!)

Cons:
-high calorie count per serving (and they add up fast)
-a lot of fat, including saturated fat
-no fiber
-all simple carbs

Conclusion
Do not stop drinking milk entirely, it's great for you. Just stick to a lesser amount, like one cup per day. Consume low-fat or non-fat milk, and always have a high-fiber food with your milk, like whole wheat bread, fruits, veggies, or oatmeal. However, really cut down on cheese, because it has a crapload of saturated fat and a lot less nutrients because of the fermentation process.

I hope this helps smile

Wow thank you so much
What other foods are high in fiber?

Kanrah's Prince

Dangerous Smoker

14,000 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
Latopazora
over eating anything is bad for you- even healthy stuff. Dairy is fine, just cut back on the milk for a bit, and use almond milk when using it for cooking or cereal. Dairy like cottage cheese and greek yogurt are very good for you. The best way to eat healthy and help you loose weight is to simply eat balanced, eat less and move more. Make sure you're getting all of your protein, fiber, fat, and carbs.

Thank you!
Yes, dairy is bad for your body. It's been linked to increase risked of developing breast and ovarian cancers in women, and prostate cancers in men. Which makes sense, considering the fact is cow's milk; it isn't designed for human consumption, it is designed for calf consumption lol. The only animal milk humans are designed to drink is human milk, and only when we're infants.

When I cut out dairy tons of my health issues went away. Like chronic sinusitis, pneumonia, flus, basically anything upper respiratory. I like to drink almond milk but there are other alternatives that taste different such as soy milk, coconut milk, rice milk, hemp milk, etc. And they often come with different flavours too ! :3 I recently bought a vanilla almond coconut milk and it tastes amaazzing lol.

For cheese alternatives, raw nut cheeses taste the best imo. I like to make cashew cheese sauce for nachos. But you can also buy faux-cheeses at health food stores. They have to be melted though so remember that before eating them lol. But its possible to live without cheese. There is soooo much food out there and so many different recipes to try out, that dont use dairy smile

Kanrah's Prince

Dangerous Smoker

14,000 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
chingate
Yes, dairy is bad for your body. It's been linked to increase risked of developing breast and ovarian cancers in women, and prostate cancers in men. Which makes sense, considering the fact is cow's milk; it isn't designed for human consumption, it is designed for calf consumption lol. The only animal milk humans are designed to drink is human milk, and only when we're infants.

When I cut out dairy tons of my health issues went away. Like chronic sinusitis, pneumonia, flus, basically anything upper respiratory. I like to drink almond milk but there are other alternatives that taste different such as soy milk, coconut milk, rice milk, hemp milk, etc. And they often come with different flavours too ! :3 I recently bought a vanilla almond coconut milk and it tastes amaazzing lol.

For cheese alternatives, raw nut cheeses taste the best imo. I like to make cashew cheese sauce for nachos. But you can also buy faux-cheeses at health food stores. They have to be melted though so remember that before eating them lol. But its possible to live without cheese. There is soooo much food out there and so many different recipes to try out, that dont use dairy smile

Thank you!

4,950 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Junior Trader 100
do the mongolian diet!

User Image

XD ill subscribe here, i need to lost weight too

Kanrah's Prince

Dangerous Smoker

14,000 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
The Soulless Angel
do the mongolian diet!

User Image

XD ill subscribe here, i need to lost weight too

LOL

Newbie Noob

chingate
This argument makes absolutely no sense, when you consider that pretty much all food outside fruits, nuts and alcohol are not "designed" for human consumption.

Cows are not "designed" for human consumption. Neither are eggs. Nor flour. Nor vegetables. Nor fish. Nor pigs. Nor refined sugar.

I think thesweetiepie60 hit the pros and cons of milk dead on. Dairy is really high in calories. 3 glasses of milk is almost 20% of a sedentary woman's calorie requirements(Assuming 2%). If you drink 3 glasses of milk, then you have to eat less calories to make up for it somewhere else or gain weight.

Dapper Dabbler

7,450 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Citizen 200
While dairy (in moderation) is good for the body, some people find that dairy triggers reactions in the body. I personally have found that dairy has a tendency to trigger my asthma if I drink or eat in excess... These reactions can possibly cause excess weight gain as well. If I were you I would test myself to see if over enjoying dairy is a cause for weight retention. Try weening yourself off to zero milk and cheese and keep it for a few weeks and see if you notice any change. If you do, then cut back (not necessarily eliminate!) permanently. If you don't, then enjoy (moderately!!!) as normal.

Bashful Streaker

I think cheese is ok if you pick the right ones and don't go overboard with it because it has a lot of fats. Fats are good for you but there are other ways to get it like fish and nuts.

I personally don't eat cheese that much but I like having fatty milk in my daily coffee. I'd go crazy if someone told me to swap to low fat milk. The fat is good for you if you don't take it in too much.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff