Welcome to Gaia! ::

wahmbulance wahmbulance wahmbulance wahmbulance wahmbulance wahmbulance wahmbulance

Person A

Operates own vegetable stand
Makes money doing writings for people (Lets not get into it)
Has a small net of friends goes out occasionally (Not a lot 2-3)
Goes to the mall or park to leave the house when feels cooped up (2-3 times a month)
Partially takes care of a family
Does yard work for surrounding neighbors for money
Does work at homeless shelters or just general deeds in the town of niceness
Spends over 40 hours a week (On average) in interviews or applying to places for jobs
Actively works out, even after a injury (I am cleared too its fine,nothing too extreme.)
Is a student in college working toward his dreams in life (Well signing up for classes next year( And free classes.))
Has and does pursue hobbies in free time that are healthy and constructive
Works on websites of friends for free (Mostly site checking, suggestions some lay out stuff.)
Cleans condos for money during the summer in addition to the stands income
Money from donations on pages he has which total close to 40-50 dollars for 2 months
Typically having seasonal jobs
Things can be slowed on some weeks due to a lack of vehicle (Usually no more then 2 weeks if that.)
Cooks meals

Doing all of this, would this be considered lazy? I am not here to say the financially rich have never had to work or get into any flame wars or anything but has anyone ever been called lazy because you don't have a formal job, because you don't have a employer, does it make you lazy to do side jobs for money and still pursue looking for work, does it make you lazy for not owning certain things, to of not acquired said things? If that's the case when you see a teenager get a corvette for his 18th birthday it makes him the hardest working person ever, and if his family owns a condo for him wow a hard worker right? Even if he hardly did anything to get said items just had that last name.

Now let me tell you about said person who wants to judge person A

Has gotten work through his rich and established family
Spends his entire days off inside smoking pot and staying online
USED to be a male model and USED to be active in various parties
Works only 2 days a week if lucky as a waiter
Complains of not going out or having friends or relationship but lives with roommates and lives in a city.
Has maids do his work for him and doesn't even know how to take care of himself for the most part (Cleaning, cooking, folding clothes.)
Claims of money but admits to stealing
Most clothes he has gotten were from other people who gave them to him, does not go out to buy his own clothes. (Not gaia clothes but rl clothes)
Does "live on his own" in a apartment partially paid by his family.

So forum tell me who seems more lazy to you? Granted I don't know every detail of his life but gained this much information from it to pose his side of the argument. Really this argument spur some thought and that's how we have so much in terms of unemployment in the states or at least where I live where people have just not found work or been laid off. Has anyone else been through this? Has anyone else been called lazy out of someone else's ignorance and assumptions? Really it would be one thing if someone wasn't trying, it would be one thing if someone was asking for hand outs, but I am speaking of those of you who go out day in and day out to get that next meal, to pull money together, to go and search for work again and again.

Yes my jimmies are a tad rustled, but more so out of the frustration of trying to talk over a broken record who doesn't want to listen, guess I wasted my breath huh? Anyways thoughts anyone? Is person A lazy the one who is accused or person B the person who is employed and since he has a rented home of his own does that make him better then a in terms of trying in life?
You obviously know the answer to this so I don't know why you bothered to type it out.
Miragen
You obviously know the answer to this so I don't know why you bothered to type it out.

Good point guess I got caught up in the moment sweatdrop

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces