Welcome to Gaia! ::

symptoms?

1. sensitive touch/skin:
-really likes the feel of soft materials like velvet
-hates being hugged, cuddled, touched
-can't wear certain fabrics
-gets rash/itchy from certain products like soap, feminine hygiene, toilet paper, clothes washed in certain laundry detergent
-dry skin/unexplained rashes

2. sensitivity to sound
-can't stand breathing, snoring, whistling, whispering
-needs background noise, like white noise, or tv

3. "phantom" food allergies
-ex: will eat nuts, and fish year round with no problem, but will go through phases lasting for a few months where allergic to these items, but allergies come last a few months and then disapppear

4. no sex drive

5. normal intellectual development

6. normal social development, aside from sexual. In other words, can have meaningful friendships, just not romantic relationships

7. normal language acquisistion.

(I put symptoms 5-7 down so you all don't go diagnosing this as autism)
Sorry we aren't dotors
Maybe you have a weak immune system and that's why you get allergic flare ups. The sensitivity could just be that. Sensitivity to sensory experience. Do you also have sensitive eyes, sense of smell, or taste? I have very sensitive eyes naturally so I tend to wear sunglasses a lot for protection against sunlight and wind.
chaoticsoothsayer
I would strongly suggest seeing a doctor.

and not just one, shop around. Most can be sadists, or not understand properly
When you find the right one, lay it on.
Everything even things you dont even think are relevant, you somehow know against everything that you need to say it.

it sounds like you have a lot of symptoms that are mentally brought on (this isnt to say you just made them up or you are faking it. it is 100% real, but not something a pill can fix) alongside medical problems that I'd link to stress, poor diet and bad immune system

The fact that you're asking this on gaia is not a good sign.

Please speak to a professional, no matter what your parents say or think. Do this for you

You need to take care of yourself first and foremost even if it pisses off others, goes against what others think or feel. If you can't take care of yourself or if you arent at 100% how can you care for others or even function/do anything properly?

And you just answered why I don't go to doctors.

Spent 3 years on SSRIs and Antipsychotics for low blood sugar, because doctors assumed that my episodes of getting dizzy, anxious, and confused, which I said seem to magically go away when I eat meat during the day, or eat during the episode, was purely mental.
Oh, and also, during my episode at ER, they tested my blood sugar to make sure I was diabetic, and it was low, just not low enough to kill me(which is why I was just anxious and confused and not passed out on the ground), and proceeded to give me crazy pills.
sounds like zinc deficiency.

are you also unable to gain weight?

Gracious Faun

remourleia
chaoticsoothsayer

Everything even things you dont even think are relevant, you somehow know against everything that you need to say it.

it sounds like you have a lot of symptoms that are mentally brought on (this isnt to say you just made them up or you are faking it. it is 100% real, but not something a pill can fix) alongside medical problems that I'd link to stress, poor diet and bad immune system

Please speak to a professional, no matter what your parents say or think. Do this for you

You need to take care of yourself first and foremost even if it pisses off others, goes against what others think or feel. If you can't take care of yourself or if you arent at 100% how can you care for others or even function/do anything properly?

Spent 3 years on SSRIs and Antipsychotics for low blood sugar, because doctors assumed that my episodes of getting dizzy, anxious, and confused, which I said seem to magically go away when I eat meat during the day, or eat during the episode, was purely mental.
Oh, and also, during my episode at ER, they tested my blood sugar to make sure I was diabetic, and it was low, just not low enough to kill me(which is why I was just anxious and confused and not passed out on the ground), and proceeded to give me crazy pills.

Those doctor's were screwed in the head. Your experience was definitely on the higher level of Sh*tty (sorry but there's no other way of saying it) and I would bet my life that they made everything worse health wise!
...but I wouldn't give up on doctors, because there is someone out there who has a head on their shoulders who needs to help you

If anything start by buying perfume free sulphate free sensitive skin care products for washing clothes, house cleaning...everything
my friend is allergic to everything and it cant just be pinned down to one chemical. Even almonds hurt her and its in a lot of products strangely enough
She has to be very picky but she has no skin problems now. She also sleeps better as it affected her sleep and I can imagine how hard it must be when you get a reaction. It sucks
I'll try and find out what she uses for you (I might take a few days max but I will get back to you on it

But I don't think that will fix everything. A doctor needs to really look into you and be sure of what/why
I know that sucks after your experience but I'm worried that it will only get worse

Now;
I feel very VERY inappropriate for mentioning this and please don't get offended but I do want to ask and don't feel the need to reply and I am sorry but if anything food for thought;

A lot of your symptoms do result from sexual abuse and if there is any chance of your history having a case as such, it would help to talk to someone who is a psychologist and follows the briggs theorum (shirley smith from the US is an example of a good person to start/go to/get information from).
Wouldn't mention it unless I knew what I was talking about personally and also from what people I love and care about experienced and went through
They had low immunity, panic attacks that were borderline seizures, they broke out in skin rashes randomly or when they felt afraid and loud noises and loud people in general were a no no
After seeing people go through this, I can't help but see a small correlation to your symptoms

Sometimes we remember, a lot of the time we dont, and sometimes it's not a physcial assault, but covert messages we received from people (ie looks given, being made ashamed of their bodies) that results in a distorted image and mental health of our bodies and can force us when we get older to shut down everything so we don't have to deal with processing what happened or this information.

Again Im sorry for asking and giving information on the topic, and I could be COMPLETELY wrong! and if so Im very very happy to be. Just food for thought or irrelevant

Heavy and personal stuff over now!

When you were younger, did you eat proper foods, maybe you had a sickness that really ravaged your body's health? were you vaccinated? did you get any long lasting chest infections? It all comes back to bite if it's not handled properly or if people miss key components as a child in nutrition and health
Think of it as a brick wall. If one brick at the bottom (ie the foundation when you're young) is damaged or missing the rest of the wall isn't going to work even if it's still standing. Eventually it will get worse and need to be fixed.

Woah Long message!!!!!! razz

Feline Genius

6,000 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
1. sounds like allergies... I have sensitivity to smells and soap, fragrances in fabric softeners, etc... I have to use sensitive, soap-free, scent-free body soap & laundry detergent, mild shampoo (just smell it), and avoid perfume

2. no idea, but maybe it's just some discomfort with people getting close to you or making sounds that pierce your ears (this is normal in that case)

3. could be just what you said. People develop and get over allergies, but I'm not sure about the cycle you mention. Ask your primary care doctor. If you go to an allergist to see about the above complaint, mention the food issue as well.

4. no sex drive - could be depression, could be a medicine side-effect, could be nothing (normal people have no sex drive sometimes)

6. could be something to talk to a therapist about if you're really concerned

Overall I wouldn't be alarmed. Just mention it all at a regular doctor checkup and see if they recommend vitamins, change of diet, exercise (this supposedly helps a lot of things), or seeing another professional (therapist, allergist, dietitian? I have no idea).
chaoticsoothsayer
remourleia
chaoticsoothsayer

Those doctor's were screwed in the head. Your experience was definitely on the higher level of Sh*tty (sorry but there's no other way of saying it) and I would bet my life that they made everything worse health wise!
...but I wouldn't give up on doctors, because there is someone out there who has a head on their shoulders who needs to help you

If anything start by buying perfume free sulphate free sensitive skin care products for washing clothes, house cleaning...everything
my friend is allergic to everything and it cant just be pinned down to one chemical. Even almonds hurt her and its in a lot of products strangely enough
She has to be very picky but she has no skin problems now. She also sleeps better as it affected her sleep and I can imagine how hard it must be when you get a reaction. It sucks
I'll try and find out what she uses for you (I might take a few days max but I will get back to you on it

But I don't think that will fix everything. A doctor needs to really look into you and be sure of what/why
I know that sucks after your experience but I'm worried that it will only get worse

Now;
I feel very VERY inappropriate for mentioning this and please don't get offended but I do want to ask and don't feel the need to reply and I am sorry but if anything food for thought;

A lot of your symptoms do result from sexual abuse and if there is any chance of your history having a case as such, it would help to talk to someone who is a psychologist and follows the briggs theorum (shirley smith from the US is an example of a good person to start/go to/get information from).
Wouldn't mention it unless I knew what I was talking about personally and also from what people I love and care about experienced and went through
They had low immunity, panic attacks that were borderline seizures, they broke out in skin rashes randomly or when they felt afraid and loud noises and loud people in general were a no no
After seeing people go through this, I can't help but see a small correlation to your symptoms

Sometimes we remember, a lot of the time we dont, and sometimes it's not a physcial assault, but covert messages we received from people (ie looks given, being made ashamed of their bodies) that results in a distorted image and mental health of our bodies and can force us when we get older to shut down everything so we don't have to deal with processing what happened or this information.

Again Im sorry for asking and giving information on the topic, and I could be COMPLETELY wrong! and if so Im very very happy to be. Just food for thought or irrelevant

Heavy and personal stuff over now!

When you were younger, did you eat proper foods, maybe you had a sickness that really ravaged your body's health? were you vaccinated? did you get any long lasting chest infections? It all comes back to bite if it's not handled properly or if people miss key components as a child in nutrition and health
Think of it as a brick wall. If one brick at the bottom (ie the foundation when you're young) is damaged or missing the rest of the wall isn't going to work even if it's still standing. Eventually it will get worse and need to be fixed.

Woah Long message!!!!!! razz

I'm not offended, but I was never sexually abused as a child.

I was fed a lot of apples and oatmeal as a kids which I was really intolerant too, but didn't know at the time.
❝ I've got (nearly) chronic urticaria - had it since September after suddenly changing the detergent. Been sensitive to it ever since, even after everything was washed in a new non-biological. The urticaria is predominantly on my arms and legs, more so the latter, and can range from being nearly palm-sized blotches to tiny little blobs. I've also developed a mild allergy to paprika - my lips swell up. They've also swelled up a little after red wine. My Doctor initially told me that it was just idiopathic for the rash, and to just avoid paprika/paprika extracts. Only annoying part of that is that a) it's in a heck of a lot of things for colouring and b) people don't always ******** well label it, and just put 'spices'.

I'm going to get referred to a dermatologist first to see about the rash, then to an allergist if she can't help. A daily antihistamine keeps the worst at bay. ❞

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff