Welcome to Gaia! ::

Demonic Sex Symbol

17,750 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • OTP 200
I am wondering because for the past few or so years, especially in high school, my stomach would act up to anything super greasy or fatty. Usually I don't eat too many greasy foods, but when I do cook in grease or eat greasy foods I tend to have a similar or exact reaction when I eat certain diary products. I know I am lactose and so I usually avoid diary if I can, but with grease I never know what to do. I tend to get an upset stomach, sometimes that burning feeling and usually get ends up with dihera. I've seen doctors in the past and basically they told me they didn't know what was wrong. X-rays, scans, ect. I've sort of given up. In high school the pain would be horrible where I was clenching to my side and I couldn't even pay attention in class. It was that bad. It's stopped now or sort of, but I want to know, is it possible to be allergic to grease? Kind of unsure what to really do. :/

Wheezing Fatcat

You might have irritable bowel syndrome. I get really bad cramps sometimes if I eat the wrong things. If the pain is really that bad, look into other irritable bowel diseases (Crohn's, colitis, etc.)
I get the same thing when I eat greasy foods. If it does happen I just drink some lime + water to clean it out.
It's one of the main reasons why I prefer to cook my own food compared to other people cooking food.

Though I don't think you can be allegedly allergic to grease[Anything can be possible]. It could just mean your stomach can't handle the amounts of oils that is going through.

But best bet is to stay away if you know your body can't handle it.

Salty Sweetheart

11,550 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Partygoer 500
I feel kind of "gross" when I eat fatty foods, though not as bad as your symptoms sound. I mostly feel "off" when I have excessively greasy foods (which I rarely eat). My stomach kind of feels uneasy and I may have digestive problems. I don't know if the grease doesn't sit right in my stomach or it something to do with not being used to it.

I really don't know if it's an allergy or maybe an allergy to something added to the grease or something completely different.. The only thing I could find was this article on gallstones:
Livestrong

Or did they already x-ray/test for gallstones?

Sparkly Genius

2,150 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Happy Birthday! 100
which side is hurting? you need to tell the doctor to check for gallstones. They were originally not going to check me when I went into the emergency room with pain in my stomach and a fever because it's not common in young people but when my mom told them it ran in my family, they did an ultrasound and found my gall bladder had so much gall stones that it didn't even work anymore. If this is the case, you should get it removed because it can actually rupture and that would be really bad D: if you get it removed, it's a pretty quick proceadure but you can't eat fat anymore or else you get diarrhea basically >_> Just what I think it could be.

Attacking Fatcat

27,050 Points
  • Unbreakable Bond 150
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Partygoer 500
So, you would be grease intolerant? Yeah, that's perfectly possible. Heck, even I have that a bit.

Dapper Dabbler

May be IBS or your liver/intestines might not be functioning particularly well. Your liver releases bile to digest fatty acids in your small/upper intestines. Where is the pain coming from? I had a similar problem, my right side would always ache after eating fatty food, I would get bad stomach aches, gassy, extremes of both bowel movements. I found that my eyes were off coloured (yellowish on my lids and on the sclera of my eyes) After I had a blood test my doctor diagnosed me with Gilbert's Syndrome, which is caused by elevated levels of bilirubin in my blood. She said that it may cause gastrointestinal complaints, fatigue, weakness or abdominal pain.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff