Welcome to Gaia! ::

I really want to over exert myself in cardio before i turn 18, soo if i idk burnt like 1000 calories per day is that bad, will i suffer.

Bashful Nerd

9,100 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Nerd 50

Just make sure you net at least a minimum of 1200 calories or else you'll be harming yourself.

Also do some resistance training or else you'll lose lotsa muscle.
Pixelated Dust

Just make sure you net at least a minimum of 1200 calories or else you'll be harming yourself.

Also do some resistance training or else you'll lose lotsa muscle.

Resistance as in weight lifting orr.. Something else?
resistance is weight lifting, yep

Dapper Codger

if you're going to be working out that much, be sure to eat a lot! Not the measly magic 1,200. That's the recommended amount for kids under 10.

Instead of doing tons of cardio, do 15-30 of it, and then fill in the rest with lifting. It'll burn less calories, but you'll build muscle which equals a faster metabolism and a leaner body. I'm assuming that you want the 'toned/muscled' look. You need weights for that. A lot of cardio will make you skinny, but with little muscle.

Interesting Consumer

2,450 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
Desolated Lover
I really want to over exert myself in cardio before i turn 18, soo if i idk burnt like 1000 calories per day is that bad, will i suffer.

Consider your tendons and ligaments. If you get too sore, that is partially your body telling you it needs to rest so it can regenerate damaged cells. In fact, when a person exercises, whether it is strength, cardio, endurance, etc., cells are destroyed, and the body responds by rebuilding them, adding extra (thus why muscle increases), as well as building them tougher than before. Give your body time to rest, or you actually will be doing more harm than good.

Also, make sure you get enough nutrition. Listen to that above poster too, they are correct in that you need to make sure you net 1,200 a day.
F u j i b e r r y
if you're going to be working out that much, be sure to eat a lot! Not the measly magic 1,200. That's the recommended amount for kids under 10.

Instead of doing tons of cardio, do 15-30 of it, and then fill in the rest with lifting. It'll burn less calories, but you'll build muscle which equals a faster metabolism and a leaner body. I'm assuming that you want the 'toned/muscled' look. You need weights for that. A lot of cardio will make you skinny, but with little muscle.

Thats my normal workout routine already, I think my carb consumption slows down my progress though. burning_eyes
Zephyr_Antari
Desolated Lover

Consider your tendons and ligaments. If you get too sore, that is partially your body telling you it needs to rest so it can regenerate damaged cells. In fact, when a person exercises, whether it is strength, cardio, endurance, etc., cells are destroyed, and the body responds by rebuilding them, adding extra (thus why muscle increases), as well as building them tougher than before. Give your body time to rest, or you actually will be doing more harm than good.

Also, make sure you get enough nutrition. Listen to that above poster too, they are correct in that you need to make sure you net 1,200 a day.

My BMI said i need 1500 calories as the minimum.

Dapper Codger

Desolated Lover
F u j i b e r r y

Thats my normal workout routine already, I think my carb consumption slows down my progress though. burning_eyes
Your carb consumption?
It's good to have a higher carb intake on training days. It gives you more energy (especially on leg days!)
F u j i b e r r y
Desolated Lover
F u j i b e r r y

Your carb consumption?
It's good to have a higher carb intake on training days. It gives you more energy (especially on leg days!)

I just want abs tbh im like 14-15 percent fat, and apparently eating more than 100g of carbohydrates isnt good or something x.x.

Dapper Codger

Desolated Lover
F u j i b e r r y
Desolated Lover
F u j i b e r r y

Your carb consumption?

I just want abs tbh im like 14-15 percent fat, and apparently eating more than 100g of carbohydrates isnt good or something x.x.

Naaahh. Macro counting! You're not going to have enough energy if you don't eat enough carbs. Might damage your metabolism as well by nearly eliminating a food group. Abs are mostly diet and some resistant training. Did you work them out a little when you were bulking? I mean, free weight exercises and compound exercises work them plenty, but they need a tiny bit of help sometimes. : 3

They might not show up if they haven't been built up enough. Or maybe you're just not at a low enough body fat %. Some people's bodies are just designed to show more abs/obliques than others. : P
I'm more oblique-heavy. A friend of mine has more noticeable ab 'bricks' (lol), but not obliques.
F u j i b e r r y
Desolated Lover
F u j i b e r r y
Desolated Lover
F u j i b e r r y

Your carb consumption?

Naaahh. Macro counting! You're not going to have enough energy if you don't eat enough carbs. Might damage your metabolism as well by nearly eliminating a food group. Abs are mostly diet and some resistant training. Did you work them out a little when you were bulking? I mean, free weight exercises and compound exercises work them plenty, but they need a tiny bit of help sometimes. : 3

They might not show up if they haven't been built up enough. Or maybe you're just not at a low enough body fat %. Some people's bodies are just designed to show more abs/obliques than others. : P
I'm more oblique-heavy. A friend of mine has more noticeable ab 'bricks' (lol), but not obliques.

Oh yes i work out my abs twice a week, and I can feel like the outline but its not that visible yet.
I think i just need too get my fat % lower. What types of diets would you recommend, for somebody that goes too the gym quite regulary, plays quite alot of sports and is 13 stone / 6'2" ?
Im also a vegatarian if that counts for anything.
i'll definitely be telling my children (boy or girl don't care) that you gotta break 5 minute mile to get your car. And i'll probably buy it for them even if they aren't old enough for their license.

Just gotta eat your wheaties. And the weight training is important too.

And a clarification on the weight training,

The amount of reps you do correlates to the distance you wish to master. Your marathoners look like their skin is like an under-armour compression clothing to their bones, weighing maybe 100 pounds. They would probably be doing sets of 21-30+ reps on any exercise they do. This is because they want their body to be as light as possible, so they don't want bulky muscles. To do 21-30+ reps on any exercise, you'll probably be doing light weight, which is specific from person to person.

800 runners want more power in their run, and would probably be doing sets of 8-12. Runners don't want to be bulky, they want to be lean and efficient.
Just do 30 minutes a day, any more could potentially leave scar tissue on your heart.
Swoleliosis
Just do 30 minutes a day, any more could potentially leave scar tissue on your heart.

I do 20 minutes and scar tissue?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces