Welcome to Gaia! ::

I really wanna try it out. But I've never done it. Is it bad to eat something so unusual after 24 years of eating other things that aren't bugs? is my question valid? sweatdrop

Wheezing Fatcat

I suppose it would be like any other type of protein source - some bugs would have different levels of macronutrients than other bugs. I mean, if we think about a caterpillar and a cockroach, one has a hard exoskeleton and one doesn't, so it's clear that their bodies are composed of different proteins. I don't think it's outright bad to eat them, per se; plenty of cultures include insects as a main source of protein in their diets. But it might make you sick to eat them in large amounts after eating none at all for your entire life, as all major dietary changes are prone to doing, and would definitely require some research to find edible versus non-edible types, preparation methods, etcetera.

Clean Gaian

bugs mhm...well thinking of something we all like like (Shrimps) they look more like bugs but they are so tasty 4laugh

I think we like the food we are used to and refuse (well mostly beside being adventurous) any strange types that we did n't try before cheese_whine

In fact some countries like China or South korea like to eat silkworm they have them sold in market as canned like Tuna oranchovy do you believe that?
User Image
i think it's okay to try these but..will need to make sure that these cooked bugs are clean sweatdrop sweatdrop

Clean Gaian

or anchovy * typos crying

Divine Zealot

Healthy, but not a necessity. Unless you grow up in an area that routinely does it, or you're particularly adventurous, I don't see many people eating insects at all, if only for the gross factor.

I wouldn't do it. I'd much rather bite into a cow than into a roach. On the other hand, insects would be much easier to breed, as they tend to multiply in great numbers.
What do you think humans ate a lot of before we had farming? Some bugs are poisonous... just do a little research before you go out eating.

Sex Symbol

Habiel
I really wanna try it out. But I've never done it. Is it bad to eat something so unusual after 24 years of eating other things that aren't bugs? is my question valid? sweatdrop

s**t Habby. Damn I love your topics. I have nothing valid to say here. I have tried chocolate covered ants and grasshoppers.

And today I am still here eek

just don't go crazy but experiment in selective amounts from a trusted and certified source. Not you or your friends backyard. xd

bon appetit

Gracious Raider

Some bugs likely have bacteria on them your body isn''t used to. You'd want to see whats safest to eat, but there's plentyof other places to get protein.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Deadly Phantom

11,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Super Tipsy 200
Unhealthy, and even hazardous. Bugs contain venom. Bugs can host certain diseases or even plagues. Would you want to eat something that helped eat a dead body?

Sweet Gaian

Chibitta
bugs mhm...well thinking of something we all like like (Shrimps) they look more like bugs but they are so tasty 4laugh

I think we like the food we are used to and refuse (well mostly beside being adventurous) any strange types that we did n't try before cheese_whine

In fact some countries like China or South korea like to eat silkworm they have them sold in market as canned like Tuna oranchovy do you believe that?
User Image
i think it's okay to try these but..will need to make sure that these cooked bugs are clean sweatdrop sweatdrop

They don't eat silk worms.. they eat the silk worm's pupa.

Ruthless Businesswoman

8,400 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Well eating bugs should be fine like any other animal we consume BUT if you just pick one up off the ground and eat it raw you have to know your body's going to have to fight potential viruses and stuff unless you cook all that off.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff