Lonely Phantom

10,000 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Tipsy 100
  • Invisibility 100
Nyx Echo
Awakening With Sirens
Nyx Echo
If you don't like running, try Jump Rope. What my older brother did was Jump Rope for about an hour. With small breaks in between such as moving around cleaning, doing laundry, ect.

For an hour? eek

Hahaha! Yeah. But thats because he was one of those health nut//guys who wanted to get buff. If you really want to do jump rope, I think 30 minutes would be enough. Like if you were to have a gym class.. Have you tried Sit ups?

Yeah I do those 4 times a week don't really like them too much anymore.
And I can barely jump rope for 18minutes LOL

Hitched Strawberry

8,950 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Generous 100
Awakening With Sirens
Nyx Echo
Awakening With Sirens
Nyx Echo
If you don't like running, try Jump Rope. What my older brother did was Jump Rope for about an hour. With small breaks in between such as moving around cleaning, doing laundry, ect.

For an hour? eek

Hahaha! Yeah. But thats because he was one of those health nut//guys who wanted to get buff. If you really want to do jump rope, I think 30 minutes would be enough. Like if you were to have a gym class.. Have you tried Sit ups?

LOL Well no pain, no gain ;D

Lonely Phantom

10,000 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Tipsy 100
  • Invisibility 100
Nyx Echo
Awakening With Sirens
Nyx Echo
Awakening With Sirens
Nyx Echo

For an hour? eek

I don't mind pain lol it's just ughhhhh

Hitched Strawberry

8,950 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Generous 100
Awakening With Sirens
Nyx Echo
Awakening With Sirens
Nyx Echo
Awakening With Sirens
Nyx Echo

For an hour? eek

D'awww. You want me to do it too so we can both feel the burn?

Divine Zealot

Awakening With Sirens
Poe-Sama
Awakening With Sirens
Poe-Sama
Awakening With Sirens
Mm what's calorie bombing? And I don't measure anything emotion_facepalm
I think I know how much calories I need per day

A calorie bomb is a food or item which has way more calories than other foods might. Two pieces of toast with margarine could have as many as 200 calories. Not sure about you, but I eat two cups of cereal at a time. Add in my milk, and I'm up to about 350-450 calories.

Start measuring. Every last teaspoon.

For your activity, I'd say about 2400-2600 for days you have the class, and about 1800-2000 otherwise. That depends on just what all you do in that class, how intensely you train, and so on, but that should be a rough enough estimate.

Oh thank you, I think I'll lay off the margarine now too.

That's entirely up to you. Personally, I just find that vegetable and seed oils are among the unhealthiest products we've made. As I said, I do not agree with a lot of the vegetarian doctrine. (Especially the bit about animal products being unhealthy.)

Oh even coconut oil?
And anyways I was brought up as a vegetarian so it's be hard for me to switch even if I wanted to xD.

Coconut oil I am fine with. Ditto for olive oil, butter and ghee. But the last two of those options only count if you're a lacto-vegetarian, so meh.

Your body readjusting to meat would be something to adjust too. I'm sure a fair bit of those enzymes just aren't being produced, and some of the bacteria are practically dead.

Edit: For what it's worth, though, I find many people would be better off not adding various amounts of added fat to their diet. Empty calories and all, especially when I've seen people blend a stick of butter into their coffee.

Wealthy Citizen

7,925 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Friendly 100
eat less tofu?
Poe-Sama

Honestly, I find the whole vegan / vegetarian thing problematic. I disagree with it. I find margarine to be one of the most unhealthy foods that mankind has ever made.

I am curious as to why you find being vegan / vegetarian problematic? I sincerely hope you base your opinion on something else than consumption of margarine. :3

Awakening With Sirens

Based on the informations you've given throughout this thread, it sounds like you might be "calorie bombing" as Poe-Sama suggested. Or you're simply just eating too many (simple) carbohydrates from your bread and cereal -> your body is accumulating water. Instead you should lower your simple carbohydrates, and eat a bunch of complex ones, from various vegetables and leafy greens. Google is your friend, if you need a list of simple vs complex carbohydrates.

If you must eat bread, go for the whole grain/wheat versions. But try to have one piece and eat some fruit or vegetables on the side. ALWAYS make the green stuff the star of your plate. If you must eat cereal, I would strongly suggest going for oatmeal boiled in water for a few minutes. 50-60g of boiled oatmeal makes for a HUGE portion, for under 220 calories, a** opposed to eating 100+ g of oatmeal with milk, which is 350+ calories plus the calories from the milk (and sugar, if you add that). Supply the dish with fresh cut fruit, for example. Tastes like heaven and is healthy for you.

Counting calories could be a big help, but it is kind of tedious sometimes. You can always join a site like myfitnesspal which have an in-build calorie counter, but you still need to weight and meassure out your food. But it's generally worth it, to get an estimate on you general caloric intake and what needs to be tweaked.

I am an ovo-lacto vegetarian, and you do not have to live on bread, pasta, and rice. I certainly don't, and I'm healthier than ever. Get your produce as fresh as possible, and make your food from scratch. Lots of variety and combinations. Google recipes. Experiment. Complex carbs all the way! Do this, and you'll see changes.

A typical food day for me could be:

Breakfast: 3-4 egg omelet (with spinach and/or mushrooms and/or bell peppers or whatever) or 50g boiled oatmeal with 1-2 teaspoons of sugar or fruit. (approximately 200-240 and 200-250 calories.)

Snack: 16-24g of raw almonds. (100-140 calories) or fruit.

Lunch: Leftovers (vegetarian) or 1 big rye-bread sandwich PACKED with spinach, carrots, a thin smear of pesto, pickles and homemade vegetable patties or whatever green stuff I have around. (200-300 calories)

Snack: 16-24g of raw almonds. (100-140 calories)

Dinner: Stuffed eggplants with tomato, kidney beans, onion, mushrooms, garlic, spinach, broccoli, and whatever other vegetables I have, sprinkled with a bit of goat feta cheese for a delicious touch of salty. (These eggplants are HUGE and 2 stuffed halves come out at approximately 400 calories for BOTH!)

Snack: 16-24g of raw almonds (100-140 calories) or fruit or whatever.

I don't always eat that many almonds if at all, but if I need to bulk up on the calories and good fats, that's what I go for.

This comes out at approximately 1300-1400 calories, which I am generally aiming for (without exercise), because I'm short.

I also just calculated the approximate macros for the entire day:

Protein: 72,6g
Fat: 62,14g
Carbohydrates: 122,38g
Fiber: 26,59g
Net carbohydrates (extracting fiber from carb count): 95,79g

You can always go for fatter vegetables, such as avocados (which is actually a fruit) instead of the rye-bread, for example, to lower your carbohydrate count.

Calculate your TDEE to see what you should eat. You absolutely do NOT have to fear going hungry to bed, just because you're vegetarian or vegan. You can eat LOADS of food for few calories. I'm never starved.

Tipsy Millionaire

10,450 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Tycoon 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
Awakening With Sirens
Plush Asian
Add cardio into your routine.

I do lots of sports at school kinda but I kinda hate running, I'd rather skip or jump rope but I'm not sure how long I'd have to do it.
I think my cores pretty strong already though it's just this layer of fat x.x

I hate cardio just as much as you, but if you really wanna lose that fat... you will have to. Either that or start playing a sport involving heavy amounts of running... soccer, ultimate frisbee, possibly football (depending on position)... I've been a martial artist for a long time now and can say that it doesn't really help fat loss unless you really push yourself while training.

Lonely Phantom

10,000 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Tipsy 100
  • Invisibility 100
Poe-Sama
Awakening With Sirens
Poe-Sama
Awakening With Sirens
Poe-Sama
Awakening With Sirens
Mm what's calorie bombing? And I don't measure anything emotion_facepalm
I think I know how much calories I need per day

A calorie bomb is a food or item which has way more calories than other foods might. Two pieces of toast with margarine could have as many as 200 calories. Not sure about you, but I eat two cups of cereal at a time. Add in my milk, and I'm up to about 350-450 calories.

Start measuring. Every last teaspoon.

For your activity, I'd say about 2400-2600 for days you have the class, and about 1800-2000 otherwise. That depends on just what all you do in that class, how intensely you train, and so on, but that should be a rough enough estimate.

Oh thank you, I think I'll lay off the margarine now too.

That's entirely up to you. Personally, I just find that vegetable and seed oils are among the unhealthiest products we've made. As I said, I do not agree with a lot of the vegetarian doctrine. (Especially the bit about animal products being unhealthy.)

Oh even coconut oil?
And anyways I was brought up as a vegetarian so it's be hard for me to switch even if I wanted to xD.

Coconut oil I am fine with. Ditto for olive oil, butter and ghee. But the last two of those options only count if you're a lacto-vegetarian, so meh.

Your body readjusting to meat would be something to adjust too. I'm sure a fair bit of those enzymes just aren't being produced, and some of the bacteria are practically dead.

Edit: For what it's worth, though, I find many people would be better off not adding various amounts of added fat to their diet. Empty calories and all, especially when I've seen people blend a stick of butter into their coffee.

Ima cut ally a lacto-vegetariens my mum used to buy butter but she stopped because it was a lot more expensive xD.
Oh and wtf a stick of butter in coffee? That's just emotion_puke

Lonely Phantom

10,000 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Tipsy 100
  • Invisibility 100
Nyx Echo
Awakening With Sirens
Nyx Echo
Awakening With Sirens
Nyx Echo

Yes redface I'd like that

Hitched Strawberry

8,950 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Generous 100
Awakening With Sirens
Nyx Echo
Awakening With Sirens
Nyx Echo
Awakening With Sirens
Nyx Echo

Okay! Just let me know when ever you are going to and I willl too!

Lonely Phantom

10,000 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Tipsy 100
  • Invisibility 100
Nana Dure
Poe-Sama

Honestly, I find the whole vegan / vegetarian thing problematic. I disagree with it. I find margarine to be one of the most unhealthy foods that mankind has ever made.

I am curious as to why you find being vegan / vegetarian problematic? I sincerely hope you base your opinion on something else than consumption of margarine. :3

Awakening With Sirens

Based on the informations you've given throughout this thread, it sounds like you might be "calorie bombing" as Poe-Sama suggested. Or you're simply just eating too many (simple) carbohydrates from your bread and cereal -> your body is accumulating water. Instead you should lower your simple carbohydrates, and eat a bunch of complex ones, from various vegetables and leafy greens. Google is your friend, if you need a list of simple vs complex carbohydrates.

If you must eat bread, go for the whole grain/wheat versions. But try to have one piece and eat some fruit or vegetables on the side. ALWAYS make the green stuff the star of your plate. If you must eat cereal, I would strongly suggest going for oatmeal boiled in water for a few minutes. 50-60g of boiled oatmeal makes for a HUGE portion, for under 220 calories, a** opposed to eating 100+ g of oatmeal with milk, which is 350+ calories plus the calories from the milk (and sugar, if you add that). Supply the dish with fresh cut fruit, for example. Tastes like heaven and is healthy for you.

Counting calories could be a big help, but it is kind of tedious sometimes. You can always join a site like myfitnesspal which have an in-build calorie counter, but you still need to weight and meassure out your food. But it's generally worth it, to get an estimate on you general caloric intake and what needs to be tweaked.

I am an ovo-lacto vegetarian, and you do not have to live on bread, pasta, and rice. I certainly don't, and I'm healthier than ever. Get your produce as fresh as possible, and make your food from scratch. Lots of variety and combinations. Google recipes. Experiment. Complex carbs all the way! Do this, and you'll see changes.

A typical food day for me could be:

Breakfast: 3-4 egg omelet (with spinach and/or mushrooms and/or bell peppers or whatever) or 50g boiled oatmeal with 1-2 teaspoons of sugar or fruit. (approximately 200-240 and 200-250 calories.)

Snack: 16-24g of raw almonds. (100-140 calories) or fruit.

Lunch: Leftovers (vegetarian) or 1 big rye-bread sandwich PACKED with spinach, carrots, a thin smear of pesto, pickles and homemade vegetable patties or whatever green stuff I have around. (200-300 calories)

Snack: 16-24g of raw almonds. (100-140 calories)

Dinner: Stuffed eggplants with tomato, kidney beans, onion, mushrooms, garlic, spinach, broccoli, and whatever other vegetables I have, sprinkled with a bit of goat feta cheese for a delicious touch of salty. (These eggplants are HUGE and 2 stuffed halves come out at approximately 400 calories for BOTH!)

Snack: 16-24g of raw almonds (100-140 calories) or fruit or whatever.

I don't always eat that many almonds if at all, but if I need to bulk up on the calories and good fats, that's what I go for.

This comes out at approximately 1300-1400 calories, which I am generally aiming for (without exercise), because I'm short.

I also just calculated the approximate macros for the entire day:

Protein: 72,6g
Fat: 62,14g
Carbohydrates: 122,38g
Fiber: 26,59g
Net carbohydrates (extracting fiber from carb count): 95,79g

You can always go for fatter vegetables, such as avocados (which is actually a fruit) instead of the rye-bread, for example, to lower your carbohydrate count.

Calculate your TDEE to see what you should eat. You absolutely do NOT have to fear going hungry to bed, just because you're vegetarian or vegan. You can eat LOADS of food for few calories. I'm never starved.

I' actually don't eat eggs but I certainly eat a lot of bread... But only whole wheat (mum never buys white bread xD) I have like 3-4 slices in the morning and then at school for lunch I usually have more bread and then dinners usually something different, I'm actually surprised I'm still at a decent weight, oh and I sometimes most likely have cereal before I go too bed. My dad's fully began and makes his own food from scratch and is a raw food chef like he only uses vegetables nuts fruits etc without processing or frying. God can't I just live with you emotion_facepalm

Lonely Phantom

10,000 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Tipsy 100
  • Invisibility 100
Nyx Echo
Awakening With Sirens
Nyx Echo
Awakening With Sirens
Nyx Echo

For real? emotion_kirakira

Lonely Phantom

10,000 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Tipsy 100
  • Invisibility 100
AIoof
Awakening With Sirens
Plush Asian
Add cardio into your routine.

I do lots of sports at school kinda but I kinda hate running, I'd rather skip or jump rope but I'm not sure how long I'd have to do it.
I think my cores pretty strong already though it's just this layer of fat x.x

I hate cardio just as much as you, but if you really wanna lose that fat... you will have to. Either that or start playing a sport involving heavy amounts of running... soccer, ultimate frisbee, possibly football (depending on position)... I've been a martial artist for a long time now and can say that it doesn't really help fat loss unless you really push yourself while training.

Yeah I see your point ugh I just don't know, when I did missed martial arts ... The cardio was horrid omg I wanted to die every time we finished doing something, I lost so much weight from it crying I nearly vomited every class lol I stopped after a year couldn't handle it anymore.

Hitched Strawberry

8,950 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Generous 100
Awakening With Sirens
Nyx Echo
Awakening With Sirens
Nyx Echo
Awakening With Sirens
Nyx Echo

For real? emotion_kirakira

Yeah! c:

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas