Welcome to Gaia! ::

It is healthier. Vegetable protein is healthier than animal protein. However, as with all diets healthy choices are essential.
i think any diet is good, as long as you get the right amount of each food group & you get some form of exercise~

Feral Warrior

not if ur a cat

also
grass screams when u cut it

Firestarter

9,850 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Threadmaster 200
Someone else already made this comment but I believe that they are healthier because they are self aware of what they are stuffing in their faces. They read labes and pay attention to more nutritional things.

NOW I have met vegetarians who don't give a crap about health and do it solely for the animal cruelty aspect. One of my friends has been a vegetarian for 15 years and she is like 300 pounds, eating nothing but junk food and bad carbs. Then you have other vegetarians who work out, drink nothing but water and are super health conscious. Obviously eating whole foods is healthier then the typical american diet.

Honesty vegan is the way to go anyways.

Firestarter

9,850 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Threadmaster 200
butter in coffee
Mystique Ranchan
Maybe not so much the vegetarian diet but maybe the vegan diet. It's much more disciplined compared to a normal vegetarian diet.

I am going to go on a diet that consists of eating nothing but butter in coffee. That is a lot more disciplined than the vegan diet, so, by your reasoning, it is very healthy.
Thank you for this insight. That is all that I am going to eat from now on. I need to have a disciplined diet in order to be healthy, and the nutrients I take in are meaningless, because I am disciplined.

I dont think it takes any discipline to drink coffee and eat butter. Just like it takes zero discipline for me to sit on the couch and eat hot chettos drinking chocolate milk all night long. Just because they stated that veganism is much more disciplined (which it is) doesn't mean they said discipline is all that matters in a diet. They never stated any of the over exaggerated comments you made

Most newer vegetarians that I have met over the years, do start out with cheese pizza, cake, icecream, french fries, tater tots, chocolate, potato's with sour cream, ect. Where as Vegans can't eat most of this crap and typically eat a lot healthier then most vegetarians.
Viginti tress
butter in coffee
Mystique Ranchan
Maybe not so much the vegetarian diet but maybe the vegan diet. It's much more disciplined compared to a normal vegetarian diet.

I am going to go on a diet that consists of eating nothing but butter in coffee. That is a lot more disciplined than the vegan diet, so, by your reasoning, it is very healthy.
Thank you for this insight. That is all that I am going to eat from now on. I need to have a disciplined diet in order to be healthy, and the nutrients I take in are meaningless, because I am disciplined.

I dont think it takes any discipline to drink coffee and eat butter. Just like it takes zero discipline for me to sit on the couch and eat hot chettos drinking chocolate milk all night long. Just because they stated that veganism is much more disciplined (which it is) doesn't mean they said discipline is all that matters in a diet. They never stated any of the over exaggerated comments you made

Most newer vegetarians that I have met over the years, do start out with cheese pizza, cake, icecream, french fries, tater tots, chocolate, potato's with sour cream, ect. Where as Vegans can't eat most of this crap and typically eat a lot healthier then most vegetarians.

Discipline doesn't make you healthier. If so, all devout religious people would be fit, and most of them are overweight.
It takes a lot of discipline to say your prayers five times a day.
I've seen how a lot of devout Catholics and Muslims live, and I could not do that. It takes too much discipline.

Also, school can also be a type of discipline.

And I know plenty of unhealthy vegans.

As for diets, paleo is a lot more disciplined than veganism, because you have to make everything from scratch.

Questionable Borg

I'm sure it is healthier, I just have no desire to make it my personal diet.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff