Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fused Astronomer

sup guys. I haven't been on gaia in like 5 years, but /fit/ is full of nothing but feels and tfw no gf so I have come back here.

anyways, I am stuck on deads brahs my current dead routine consists of

3x8 @ 335
1x5 @385
1x3 @405

I've been stuck at this hurdle for about 6 weeks now, I've been eating at a 500 caloric surplus and making sure to get my 200g of protein a day as I currently weigh about 205 and am 6'1

My form is solid, I'm just afraid I've hit my genetic ceiling.

is it time to start juicing?

plsrespond

Dapper Codger

- When was the last time you deloaded?
- Have you tried upping your carbs on the days you do deadlifts?
- Do you do isolation exercises to complement your deadlifts?
- How stressed have you been lately? Have you been getting enough rest?

Fused Astronomer

I deloaded 20% today.
Yes, hasn't really helped.
I do barbell rows and seated rows.
Not very. Life's pretty good.

Hopefully the deload helps.

Dapper Codger

Satzle
I deloaded 20% today.
Yes, hasn't really helped.
I do barbell rows and seated rows.
Not very. Life's pretty good.

Hopefully the deload helps.

I don't have the highest number for deadlifts due to scoliosis, but when I'm stuck on a plateau with a compound lift, I usually take a step back and work on form, range of motion, and volume at about 60-85% of my max. 2-5 weeks of this and I usually hit a new PR.

When I deload, I usually take the whole week off. I come back a teeny bit weaker for the first few sessions, but I usually improve within a couple weeks.

Dapper Codger

I usually do some leg curls and SL deadlifts for hams too.
I read and article on BB.com recently that had some pretty good tips to intensify your training. You can try them with 70-80% of your max and hopefully you'll see a bit of improvement. I'll link it once I find it.

Dapper Codger

Here you go.

It's one of the best articles BB has put out imo. : )

Fused Astronomer

F u j i b e r r y
Here you go.

It's one of the best articles BB has put out imo. : )
article was immediately disregarded as soon as I saw a picture of sumo deadlifts.

unless you done visited snap city there is no excuse.

Dapper Codger

Do you not like sumo deadlifts? o__O
If you're looking for a 1 rep max, it's easier for most to do it with the sumo stance due to the reduced distance.
Are you not into powerlifting?

Fused Astronomer

More into aesthetics than powerlifting. I was being hyperbolas but I just can't take anyone who sumos seriously.

Dapper Codger

If you're into aesthetics and are looking for reps, then conventional would be better, yeah. It's harder to get more reps in with sumo since they require more setup.

I personally like them. It's less strain and less risk of further injury on my back and more on my hips/hams.

Good luck to you then~
Sorry, I assumed you were into powerlifting because of your low reps. : P

Fused Astronomer

Is 3x8 low reps for deads?

and honestly I just can't do sumo correctly so I make fun of it. emo

Dapper Codger

Satzle
Is 3x8 low reps for deads?

and honestly I just can't do sumo correctly so I make fun of it. emo

I was looking more at your 5 and 3 reps. : P
For compound lifts, I usually do 8 reps for a 1-2 sets, then switch to strength sets of 1-4, mostly because I'm interested in both bodybuilding and powerlifting. lol.

Haha, you're fine. It's not for everyone~
Just like I can't do that 'powerlifting' arch during a bench press. Hurts my back like crazy. Dx

Fused Astronomer

The arch is stupid IMO. Just restricts your ROM so you can bench more. If you can't do a full ROM just lower the weight.

Dapper Codger

It's for competition where 1rep maxes are king, so yes, a reduced range of motion is an advantage. : ) It's allowed in competitions and has been said to lower the risk of shoulder injury.

Fused Astronomer

I just feel that if you're competing, you should be able to do a full ROM, not move the weight 5 inches.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff